The officially unofficial Grey Hulk thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicky

SSC VIP Goddess
Reaction score
Wow-
There sure are a lot of threads happening to discuss this collectible exclsuive. I thought it would be easier for Dusty, Chris and myself to track and address your points via one place. Afterall, our attention span does wander from all of our sleepless nights of web work.

Please note that we never do anything to punish any person or region specifically and to imply so seems a bit silly. We are a US based company and therefore work and post items within mostly a US time frame. We do, whenever possible, try to release things with other time zones in mind but since we sell INTERNATIONALLY, it is hard to please all of our long time collectors. As a matter of fact, we can not please all of them. Eastern US and European collectors should note that we have adjusted our Priority Pre-order start time based on their feedback.

We have also altered the release of the newsletter based on collector feedback. We were sending it out late Friday PST, which collectors told us they received it too late on Friday as well as through the weekend. Thus, we began sending it out earlier on Friday, which caused a problem for other time zones. The past three weeks, we have been posting it Thursday evening, so that it will be able to be viewed by a variety of time zones as well as being received by the EU timely for Friday morning.

The Hulk vs Spiderman exclusive was not a priority pre-order but was a normal pre-order offered to newsletter members first through the newsletter. Our podcast which became available at 4 PM (PST) also mentioned an ordering alternative to this item.

The Grey Hulk Exclusive was offered through the Green Hulk pre-order page on a first come, first served basis. We decide this was the best way to offer it. We believe a lottery system would be even more frustrating for collectors as the assignment is random and may give items to people who may not be dedicated Marvel collectors.

As our product is mostly Limited Edition product, then not everyone will be able to get into all editions. This is the nature of Limited Edition product. We have establish Wait Lists for anyone who has missed an opportunity to reserve an item via a pre-order. Many people have been successful in getting their reservations fulfilled.

We look forward to your constructive comments and suggestions. We hope that we will be able to answer all of your questions.

Best,
Chicky
Web Team
Sideshow Collectibles

Chicky how is 3.00am helpful to me. I have spent around $10k on SS stuff. I am continuously praising the work on other boards and think your product is top notch. But i was in bed when you decided to put this up. I waited till 12.00am GMT and still nothing. This is the time my NL normally arrived. I hope that this 3.00am time is not going to happen again.

I would also like to point out that i mainly collect the Marvel line so this is particularly hard to take. I wasn't even given a chance to order this.

jodoho made a good suggestion in the other thread. If they'd done everything the same, same ES, hide the link, just a hint in the podcast, no announcement.

But don't put the edition size up there until it sold out - it would get even more diehards and would take longer to sell out. Those that actually prefer the grey would have gotten it instead of people just attracted by the low ES. And then when it sells out - immediately put up the edition and those that got it have a nice surprise.

Personally (not being in Yurp) I thought the way it was done was fair, but the above suggestion could be even MORE fair. But I'm sure there would be complaints no matter how it was done.

I think you guys did a good job with this Chicky and THANK you for posting the newsletter on Thursday nights instead of Friday. That way if I have a question I can ask the next day instead of having to wait for the weekend to be over.

You guys rock

Well the last thing I want is a lotery. I want a direct effect on wheather I get it or not, then I have no one else to blame.

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
Well the last thing I want is a lotery. I want a direct effect on wheather I get it or not, then I have no one else to blame.

Jesse

I TOTALLY AGREE! No lottery you get one or you dont end of story.

Jesseawilson said:

Jesse

I agree 110%.

I think Sideshow did a great job handling this. There is no way they can please everyone on an edition size of 50. I was upset I missed Obi-Wan and that was 1,750...

But, at the end of the day....it's the way it goes.

:) Bull I understand I've missed out on some pretty cool stuff, but you win some you lose some.

Chicky said:
We have also altered the release of the newsletter based on collector feedback. We were sending it out late Friday PST, which collectors told us they received it too late on Friday as well as through the weekend. Thus, we began sending it out earlier on Friday, which caused a problem for other time zones. The past three weeks, we have been posting it Thursday evening, so that it will be able to be viewed by a variety of time zones as well as being received by the EU timely for Friday morning...

Could you take it one step further and make a set time on Thursday evening so people don't have to sit and refresh and wonder when it might get posted? I think that would have helped a lot in this case. You have done that with the priority pre-order times; we now know that the priority pre-orders are going up at 10 AM PST on Fridays and that allows everyone to plan for it and be at a computer if possible or at least a phone. Making the newsletter a set time would allow all time zones to plan to be at their computer and login to read it. Thanks for taking the time to listen to our suggestions. I know you guys are trying the best you can.

Thanks Chicky...Sideshow bends over backwards to accomodate people. Keep up the good work!!!

This isn't Toy's R Us...people shop at Sideshow to get one-of-a kind items...please keep it that way.

You can't make everyone happy

Kookie said:
Thanks Chicky...Sideshow bends over backwards to accomodate people. Keep up the good work!!!

This isn't Toy's R Us...people shop at Sideshow to get one-of-a kind items...please keep it that way.

You can't make everyone happy

Thats why i'm glad i ordered the Exclusive Predator Maquette.:D

Kookie said:
...This isn't Toy's R Us...people shop at Sideshow to get one-of-a kind items...please keep it that way.

No, we are collectors of quality material, whether that is Sideshow or something at Toys R' Us. Except for a few pieces of original art that Sideshow list, none of their product is "one-of-a-kind"; they wouldn't be in business long if it was!

ill trade my grey hulk for an Exclusive predator maquette...Seriously.

Bullseye said:
I won a Green Exclusive.:banana

Bull, I am one click away from ordering the Green also! I LOVE this piece, two awesome characters together.:banana

Bodie dont wait for your email log into your account and check your newsletter from there!

Back