Insight on MacBooks?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ringer

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have waited till right before school starts to get a laptop and I just wanted to see if there are any owners of Macbooks on the boards? I also would like to know where the best place to buy them at that include any freebies or things of that manner.Your thoughts and opinions would greatly be appreciated.:D

I have waited till right before school starts to get a laptop and I just wanted to see if there are any owners of Macbooks on the boards? I also would like to know where the best place to buy them at that include any freebies or things of that manner.Your thoughts and opinions would greatly be appreciated.:D

Go to an Apple store directly. They will help pair you with the right machine and such. The prices are the same at BestBuy and what not and they never offer any deals on Apple computers.

I have a MacBook Pro and absolutely love it! If money is an issue, try to find a refurbished one - the stores usually have some in stock. Students get discounts at an Apple Store, too!

Apple is running a back to school promo where you get a free ipod touch I think. I don't know if Macbook is eligible but I think it is.

I recently got a mini for another room and it wasn't Arghhh

I've had a Macbook Pro 15" and I just recently got a 24" iMac...... I absolutely love them! It really depends on what you're going to be using the laptop for in order to decide which one will be best for you. Since I'm using mine for Image/Video/Music editing I needed a machine with the ability to handle all the RAM consumption. If you just want a machine that will only browse the web, a regular Macbook will do the trick.....

I little tip though, I bought my iMac and Macbook Pro off eBay using the Live(Bing) discount. Not only do you save with the Bing discount, you don't have to pay TAX and in most cases you get free shipping. Plus the prices on eBay are even cheaper than the Apple store in most cases..... But if you want a free iPod then going to the store would be best.... I already have an iPhone, which obviously has the iPod in it. So no need for it for me....I was just going to sell it anyways.

Either way, they're great machines! And no matter where you get it from, it'll come with the one year warranty :cool:

Best of luck! :peace

that free Ipod promo is mail-in-rebate only....

anyway, go for it. Macbook is the shat!...I need to get another one, though. My dear brother got the latest version just last week and I'm envious as hell!
onion_gifs_emoticons-23.gif

I'm thinking about getting a laptop and I may go this route but I've always used a PC so me skeered. :D

I'm thinking about getting a laptop and I may go this route but I've always used a PC so me skeered. :D

There's nothing to be scared of, it's not like the user interface is made of alien symbols :D

I have a MacBook Pro and absolutely love it! If money is an issue, try to find a refurbished one - the stores usually have some in stock. Students get discounts at an Apple Store, too!
:lecture :lecture. go to this site:
www.mac-forums.com for extra info and what not.

there is also classifieds so you could get lucky, but your best bet is to either go to apple.com and look under their "refurbished" listings or use your student discount at the student computer store (most schools have them now).

Back