Recommendations for Bruce Wayne "kitbash"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bat1975

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi All,

Well, after dragging my feet, I've decided to finally make a Bruce Wayne "kitbash" using the head that comes with the HT TDK suit.
Since I'm a rookie at this, I was hoping to get recommendations for:

1. Which body to use. I know a true type, but which one? regular shoulders, slim shoulders, etc?

2. which suit(s) to use, and where to purchase.

Sorry in advance if there's already a thread for this, I appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks!

There's rumored to be another Hot Toys character to the Batman line, which might be a Bruce Wayne so you may want to wait a bit and see what becomes of that.

Wow, I hadn't heard that! To be honest, part of the reason I've waited this long is b/c I feel like it's hard to get suits/clothes that actually look good and fitted. A lot of times it just ends up looking too much like a barbie doll for my tastes, no offense to anyone else's. For example, the jokers in the HT TDK line have been great, but the two face? Not so much...
Maybe I will wait for an official one from HT. Do you have any other info on this????

No, I just remember reading an article where Hot Toys said there was one more figure coming in the Batman line. They didn't say who or when, but the speculation from many is that it would probably be a Bruce Wayne. It could end up being anyone though. Bruce just makes the most sense.

Yeah I read the same thing wofford. I do know that one more is planned and I am guessing a Bruce Wayne since they said no more jokers but we have heard that one before.

Thanks Dave, that suit is perfect. Now, how about the body? Just a regular true type, or something more specific? I'd really appreciate a link, too. Thanks again!

I wish they'd make a Katie holmes Rachel Dawes just to put in the passenger seat of the Tumbler! Mainly though I'd want Gordon, not that that can or will happen.

I didn't research it much and just asked for Toys2's recommendation. I picked up two TrueType Figures with Narrow shoulders for Bruce and future MMS Joker. I also bought the suit from Toys2 for $60 but no idea what brand it was but after some adjustments I got it to look just about right.
brucev.jpg

bruce3.jpg

bruce2.jpg

I think the clothing cut can only do so much. The rest relies on the pose and how determined you are to pull and adjust the clothing until it looks right. Like when it looks right from the front I had to sacrifice the back a little to take the extra buldge. The fabric simply does not have the thickness to scale and will not "fall" naturally. I think I saw the exact same suit in some others collection and it looks bulky so just got to adjust until it looks right but at least it is doable. I am sure if the cut is off it would be impossible to do :)

That's perfect. I think that's the triad suit that dave linked to, right?

That's perfect. I think that's the triad suit that dave linked to, right?

It just looks that way ;) I don't know where mine came from originally but have seen others buying it from toys2. It does not quite look the same upon closer inspection though. Everything seems to be just a tad different but really what matters is if it can be setup to look real :) The Triad Toys one looks like an even better cut but then might just be skilled poser as well :gun

I just can't believe that these suits cost almost like real clothing :horror

No, I just remember reading an article where Hot Toys said there was one more figure coming in the Batman line. They didn't say who or when, but the speculation from many is that it would probably be a Bruce Wayne. It could end up being anyone though. Bruce just makes the most sense.

From my recollection, this info was coupled with the fact that the new TDK DX suit was not final, from MILK magazine. HT further stated that the suit was final, so I don't particularly believe another TDK figure is going to be announced.

So let's say you were trying to save a couple o'bucks, and had the DX joker and bats on order. Could you use the true type from the original joker for a BW kitbash? Or are the shoulders too big???

Does anyone know where I might find a leather jacket/jeans/shirt/shoes/helmet combo for a "casual" Wayne custom (like the one in this pic) ?

review_htdkbats2_18.jpg

Back