2010 SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spidermonkey

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know it's real early for this but I wanted everyone to know that the
4-day pass including pre-view night is up to a $100 this year, and also
for pre-view night next year they said they are only going to be letting
13k people in. I don't know how many they let in last year or the year
before but it was a heck of a lot more than 13k. I just wanted to give a
heads up to everyone when the tickets are available.

Like this year, I'm only planning on going for 2 days next year.

I know it's real early for this but I wanted everyone to know that the
4-day pass including pre-view night is up to a $100 this year, and also
for pre-view night next year they said they are only going to be letting
13k people in. I don't know how many they let in last year or the year
before but it was a heck of a lot more than 13k. I just wanted to give a
heads up to everyone when the tickets are available.

Where did you see registration, because at the con it only cost me 75...
their website doesnt have it up yet.

There is always rumors about next year, about how they are going to half the atendees or move the con. Just wanted to see the site itself.

There is always rumors about next year, about how they are going to half the atendees or move the con. Just wanted to see the site itself.

I registered at the convention for next year, also it was the people who worked at the registration deal that said it was only 13k for preview night at the 2010 con. I even told them rumor has it and they said it wasn't a rumor that is how it will be. But you never know that could have been a ploy to get more tickets sold for next year right away.

For the last 2 my wife and I went for 3 days but preview night has been as bad as every other day there. We also tried to catch a few panels so that takes up a whole lotta time.

Another board member and I pre-reg'd at Con for 2010 and it cost us each $100 for the 4-day.
How did you get away with $75?

Preview night is a must. After that I think 2 - 3 days is plenty of time unless you are chasing some artwork or sketches.

I think if you just walk the bottom floor than you get bored really quickly. It took me about a day and I was done with the whole place.

Then going to the bars at night and hearing about all the panels I realized how much time was wasted looking at all of the commercial goods that I couldn't afford anyways.

Moral of the story? Well if I go again I will not stay out so late drinking and try to wake up a little on the early side and hit those panels. I also need to plan things out much much better. I think that's the trick to extending the fun. At least for me anyways. :cool:

Although this was my 7th Con, the last couple of years it's worked like this for me:

Preview Night- Mostly finding and hanging out with boardmembers at the SS and Weta booths. Dinner/drinks with Freaks.

Thursday- Getting exclusives and walking the Con floor a little, eating a long lunch and relaxing with boardmembers and seeing a few larger booths in the afternoon. Dinner/drinks with Freaks.

Friday- All day in cool Hall H and relaxed for the party.

Sat- Hall H in morning, lunch and nap in afternoon (hangover), meeting at SS later to meet peeps for dinner/drinks.

Sunday- When the Con is much less crowded, walking up and down all the aisles, checking out the artwork and cool toys and such.

And I still never see it all!

I'm not saying everyone can do this but if you ever decide to go to Japan try and go when their is a Con going on. It is just as amazing.

When I paid for pre-reg 2010 this year I was charged $100, and they also told me preview night would be limited.

I agree with Sam, I need preview night and all 4 days and I still don't see everything. I did panels most or all of Thursday and Friday (and IronMan 2 on Sat) and even thoough this may sound crazy Wed. night and Sat and Sun isn't enough time to really see everything on the floor. There are all sorts of nooks and crannies and cool things that are there to see if you look around.

Don't forget you need to allocate several hours over the 4 days for playing all the games at the Sideshow booth. "Take it or leave it" on Sunday was crazy, we kept yelling louder and louder and Sideshow Chris just kept adding more prizes to be given away.

I think if you just walk the bottom floor than you get bored really quickly. It took me about a day and I was done with the whole place.

Then going to the bars at night and hearing about all the panels I realized how much time was wasted looking at all of the commercial goods that I couldn't afford anyways.

Moral of the story? Well if I go again I will not stay out so late drinking and try to wake up a little on the early side and hit those panels. I also need to plan things out much much better. I think that's the trick to extending the fun. At least for me anyways. :cool:

yeah...thats what I did on saturday.....i spent the whole day in Hall H ....the line wasn't so bad as everyone was telling me and it was really fun!! It's an experience....I also met a couple writers from some blogs i read daily and It was fun giving them my insight so that they can write it!!! Plus....Robert Downy Jr. was worth the wait!!!

Back