Enviro-stands Vs. Light up Sabers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you prefer to buy Ignited Cathode sabers from Sideshow or Enviro-stands?

• Total voters

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about most of you, but I would much rather pay Sideshow for an ignited 1:6 saber for specific characters than a polystone enviro-stand.

What do y'all think? Lightsabers as expansion packs or enviro-stands?

Last edited:
I don't know about most of you, but I would much rather pay Sideshow $70 for an ignited 1:6 saber for specific characters than a polystone enviro-stand.

What do y'all think? Lightsabers as expansion packs or enviro-stands?

I would rather have a light up saber than a enviro-stand if I had to choose, but I wouldn't really spend too much money for either.

Pix: $70 for a 1:6 light up saber?!?! That's close to how much a FX saber costs! :google

The price is whatever it is... I have no idea. I just read someone say that cathode sabers usually go for $70-ish on eBay.... I would hope if SS ever did them they would be a bit lower in price.

But remember the enviro-stands cost as more than the figures. :eek

I'm not sure I would actually buy either, but assuming they were around the same price I would much rather have the stands. I've always thought the regular stands were too plain, and you can see the stands at all times in your display, while the cathode sabers are only good when you have them switched on.

However, I would like to see stands that had more individuality and are made for a particular figure, instead of the generic "science fiction stand" and "fantasy stand" that they seem to be making.

I'm not sure I would actually buy either, but assuming they were around the same price I would much rather have the stands. I've always thought the regular stands were too plain, and you can see the stands at all times in your display, while the cathode sabers are only good when you have them switched on.

However, I would like to see stands that had more individuality and are made for a particular figure, instead of the generic "science fiction stand" and "fantasy stand" that they seem to be making.

:lecture i would prefer the enviro-stands just for more display options, and i would only turn on the light up saber when showing off my figures which only happens when new people come to check out my collection

Cant stand the current stands :lol
I hate that it says Star Wars and then they put Lucasfilm and made in China right on it. Put that on the back and put the character with episode in smaller font on the front.

I would rather have light up sabers and just a simple upgrade on the stands. How much more could it be to make the stands better looking really.

Been thinking about just customizing the stands myself.

I'd prefer light up sabers... but honestly it would not be worth $70 to me. Especially as they always have that ugly tip.

I'm not a fan of cathode sabers. They look butt ugly to me when unlit and I'm not going to have them turned on hardly at all when they're on the shelf. They look cool in pics and that's about it.

If I had to choose between some nice display stands and a cathode saber I'd choose the stand.

Cant stand the current stands :lol
I hate that it says Star Wars and then they put Lucasfilm and made in China right on it. Put that on the back and put the character with episode in smaller font on the front.

I would rather have light up sabers and just a simple upgrade on the stands. How much more could it be to make the stands better looking really.

Been thinking about just customizing the stands myself.

We are talking about the add on polystone environment stands not the standard plastic stands...:lol

1/6 has gotten too expensive lately, that it's making PFs look like a better deal.

1/6 has gotten too expensive lately, that it's making PFs look like a better deal.

thats the truth. though I only own 1 PF and it was one I won from SSC in a contest...:lol

But every order I place I am now thinking "wow thats 1/3 of a PF" when it used to be 1/8 the price.

oh and to answer the question...diorama pieces are WAY cooler than light up sabres that I would only light like 1% of the time I look at them.

Diorama pieces actually bring the items close to PF class.

Yeah, I can't help but wonder if the base price for PFs isn't going to go up more soon.

I haven't been collecting Sideshow stuff all that long, but even I remember when it was around $50 for a figure, and now it's double that or more in some cases. The environment stands cost more than the figures used to.

I doubt I would ever really turn them on and on the other hand my whole death star dio cost less than the SSC single figure base.

We are talking about the add on polystone environment stands not the standard plastic stands...:lol

Um I know.
Not sure why its :lol??

I was showing my disappointment that they havent updated the current ones that the figure comes with.

For me I would rather add the light up saber if it worked right over the environment stands.

Just update the current plastic stands and Ill be happy.

:lecture :lecture :lecture I'd rather enjoy my collectibles without having to turn on and off the sabers. Additionally, having them not lit allows me to enjoy the whole collection vs. just the lightsaber-wielding ones who're outshining the others. Aren't the cathode sabers the ones with the nipples at the tip? If so, they look like crap unlit anyway so you only have the one option.

The stands, on the other hand would be hit and miss. Thrawn's throne just didn't do it for me. Emperor's might, if it's not too big. Personally, I'd rather Sideshow just do like they did with the Maul Ex and make a cover for the stand. It's really inexpensive and a small detail that enhances the display versus distracting your attention from the figure, who should be the main focus anyway.

Maul's stand was okay, but I think maybe the example to look at would be the stand that came with the Sith Anakin ("Darth Vader") figure. It's not overpowering, but still looks cool and fits well with the character.

Your right thenammagazine
I was just looking at a thread with the cathode sabers and I dont like em turned off. So I actually wouldnt buy em.
That was the proble droids with sand base wasnt it?
Looked good though and simple.

I'd prefer the saber but you guys bring up some great points. Can someone post a picture of a cathode saber lit and unlit?

...I wouldn't really spend too much money for either.

1/6 has gotten too expensive lately...

Bingo!

Maul's stand was okay, but I think maybe the example to look at would be the stand that came with the Sith Anakin ("Darth Vader") figure. It's not overpowering, but still looks cool and fits well with the character.

I agree. Offering a more detailed stand/base would be a nice way of offering a unique way to display the figure without raising the price considerably. This has been brought up many times before, too.

The Sith Anakin "droid" base was a fantastic offering. I also liked the simple rubbery "sand" cover provided with Maul and his droids. I would have liked to have Luke's base with the same sand covering or simple rock outcropping to display him in Tatooine, in the iconic "twin sun sunset" scene.

A Death Star floor covering for Imperial figures, a Millennium Falcon covering for Han and Chewie, etc... These would be simple to make and really enhance the figure displays.

I'd rather have the environment pieces personally. I don't know when I'll actually be able to afford it, but I want to but one of their generic environment pieces. And Thrawn's chair looked pretty awesome, if I could affor dit and they sold it buy itself I'd get it. I've been a little tempted to buy it anyway and figure out something to do with Thrawn.

As for the sabers, I never turn my PF's lightsabers on, I can't imagine I would turn the other ones on either.

Back