My Vader review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the review, as usual. Point off for film accurate tusk? So be it...

I can see that being a point of contension for many with the review... it is film accurate for the tusk to be black/missing the tip.

I'd give him a ****, he's as close to perfect as I think we'll get. Sideshow delivered on this one.

I can see that being a point of contension for many with the review... it is film accurate for the tusk to be black/missing the tip.

I'd give him a ****, he's as close to perfect as I think we'll get. Sideshow delivered on this one.

I'd love to see a photo of this - I couldn't find a single one, including photos of the actual costume on exhibition.

ANH_VADER_SCREENCAP_6.jpg

anhvadr.jpg

realANHdv1.jpg

Justinluck (I think it was him) posted a very clear screen grab of it... I tried finding it, but was unsuccessful. But its been discussed pretty much since day one as one of the specific differences about the ANH version.

EDIT Looks like Mike got 'em posted.

Yep, I stick with that they shouldn't have done it. In two of those three photos, the lighting hides it, and the first one looks like it's actually silver.

Of course, it's a judgement call. In this scale, it's really obvious that it's missing. Instead of looking 'film accurate', it looks sloppy. Sure, extreme nit pickers would have complained about film accuracy, but the shoulder pads aren't exactly accurate anyway. Another judgement call, and on that one I think they did the right thing.

And no, the PF was not that way - at least not mine!

Nice review but like tusk is black the paint was comeing off during filming.

Billy

One could argue that the PF was done as an idealized piece as Lucas often has them do with everything Vader because there are a few things that are missing from making it accurate.

hey, Michael, just though I'd say this, some of us have found the the problem with the tightness of the suit stems mostly from how much of the suit is stuffed into his boots. if you strip him down and re-dress him, he gains LOADS of poseability, more or less as much as a standard hot toys truetype.

just a second addendum, the shoulder armor has ALLWAYS been 3 pieces, later films had the shoulder bells designed in a way that hid the fact that they were separate better, but as far as I know, the shoulder bells on this figure are Correct to the
ANH design of the costume.

ROTS had the best design as far as "hidden" shoulder bells go, as it is the best at hiding it is three parts.

vaderchest.jpg

vaderchestplaterots.jpg

Interesting on the shoulder armor - in all the stills I looked at from all three movies, it always looked like a single piece, but it's interesting that they did that as well. Clearly, they did a better job hiding it in the later flick.

Back