What style/what type of gear do you want for Duke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anti-hero

Super Freak
Reaction score
What type of uni/outfit do you want to see Duke in for this line? Given the more "realistic" approach they've taken I guess they could just slap a blonde head with a scar on his face on a generic soldier but I'd really hate to see that (wouldn't buy it either). But i'm not really sure what would look good instead.

What do ya'll think?

duke-var.jpg

There can be only one.

God I loved those toys... I remember getting a box with about 30 Joes from an older cousin who grew tired with them, I was smiling for weeks.
Totally off topic, sorry...

So no updates to it at all? No modernizing the gun? No adding something to the helmet so it's not just a single piece of green plastic? No longer shirt or jacket of any kind to enable him to operate in anything from moderate to slightly above moderate climates?

Last edited:
So no updates to it at all? No modernizing the gun? No adding something to the helmet so it's not just a single piece of green plastic? No longer shirt or jacket of any kind to enable him to operate in anything from modern to slightly above moderate climates?

Helmet, bonocs, assault backpack (w/ shovel), and rifle. That's all I need. Sidearm and knife are a given

I think instead of giving us extra bits SSC should incorporate a JUMP pack, especially if we're looking $120. They're a only little bigger than a Sandtrooper backpack so it's completely feasible give or take a few bucks. I wanna see them devote themselves to more Joe-specific gear/equipment/dios rather than just hash out generic military stuff. Y'know, think outside the Wall. :D

Ok, so let's leave the outfit as the V1. How about a different/modern gun. Any revolts there? How about a more modern helmet?

Including the Jump pack is a no brainer. Then offer up the Jump landing pad either missing the pack to make you buy Duke, or just give us a siver padded Grand Slam.

I don't think the helmet needs much change, its pretty much a standard kevlar which is still used.

For the binocs, I think something like this would be sweet.

Rigel_5700.jpg

In the card art he's holding Snow Job's laser rifle. I'd like that included as this figure's "fantasy" accessory (like CC's laser pistol). Then they can modernize his standard rifle for people who don't want the vintage throwback (similar to how they offered both an updated Ninjato sword and vintage scimitar with SE).

Maybe the exclusive could be the JUMP backpack and environment like Toht and the Ark or Belloq and the pedestal.

Oh yeah, smiling and determined headsculpts as well. :lecture

duke-var.jpg

There can be only one.

Ha, I forgot about the backpacks. With accessories in them will owned. They of coarse will modernized Duke which I have no problem with but they must do it in the line of 84 Duke.

Yeah when you look at everything in that backpack (shovel, bedroll, etc.) I think we may be surprised at how many accessories a "standard" Duke could end up having.

Even as a kid I always thought that Duke was more geared for calmly walking around the base as opposed to charging an enemy bunker. He just didn't have enough equipment on him for my tastes.

Oh yeah, smiling and determined headsculpts as well. :lecture

Not sure I'd like that much. By all means keep the furrowed, determined brow like HT did for the Michael Scolefield sculpt. But that's one of the things that always annoyed me about Duke, an otherwise all around awesome figure... except his gay smile.

Back