icruise reviews the lifesize C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is so damn inaccurate that it's insulting.

I think it looks pretty damn incredible...and I would be more than happy to have it in my collection if I had the room.

Great review, icruise. This thing looks great, but you'd think that for the money they want for it that they would have picked up on some of the inaccuracies.

I think it is a great piece and that was also a great review. Yea there are some inaccuracies but it is still an awesome show piece and I doubt anyone but the biggest Star Wars geek would be able to spot them without seeing a side by side. Even then it isn't that terrible.

I think it is a great piece and that was also a great review. Yea there are some inaccuracies but it is still an awesome show piece and I doubt anyone but the biggest Star Wars geek would be able to spot them without seeing a side by side. Even then it isn't that terrible.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

I won't "player hate" on this piece, it is one of the coolest SW collectibles ever made. Screw accuracy/dork gripes... 3PO looks pretty kick ass to me. Good job icruise-very fair and balanced much like Fox news.

Fantastic piece. Best sideshow collectible of the year by far. For that matter, the 1:1 endo and the 1:1 skull by sideshow are not screen accurate. That hasn't been an issue with collectors. don't know why some treat 3po differently.

Great review, icruise! :duff

Even with the inaccuracies, it's a great looking piece. It is too bad Sideshow couldn't get the eyes and indentations right.

How could Sideshow manaufacture a life size C3PO, with access to all the reference materials and resources, be so inaccurate? I understand it looks beautiful and is an awsome collectable but it is still cheapened by being so damn inaccurate.

It is like the beautiful crack hooker. She is beautiful but she is still a crack hooker.

Honestly, I don't know. They went with Fred Barton as the designer since he is supposed to be an expert robot builder, but I'm not sure he was really the guy to go to for this. Instead of choosing a "robot man" they should've chosen a Star Wars prop geek.

I do want to emphasize again, though, that these issues are actually pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. It is a very impressive piece.

Fantastic review, really thorough. Those inaccuracies would niggle at this price, but damn it’s still a hugely impressive piece. One question, I take it the mid torso wires are real, not sculpted?
I could look at this picture for ages, even though from the SW universe it has a real steam-punk feel!
review_lifesizec3po_15.jpg

Great review, iCruise! Honestly, those inaccuracies don't bother me. They're only evident when you're looking at him side by side with the costume. But looking at him by himself, he looks great and one would never notice the problems.

Congrats and enjoy!

Back