Medicom 30th Anniversary Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ck1

Super Freak
Reaction score
So i have one SSC/HT Ex and two regular stormies on order, how do you think the RAH Sandtrooper will compare ?

Am i asking as I'm about to pick one up yet if there are massive differences I may not bother as i wish to display them together, well in the same detolf anyway. Do you think it would be wiser to hold out for a SSC/HT Sandtrooper instead?

Cheers Monk. Surely the RAH will be 12" as well as the forthcoming stormies from SSC/HT otherwise the SSC/HT Vader is gonna be massive man?!?!

Cheers Monk. Surely the RAH will be 12" as well as the forthcoming stormies from SSC/HT otherwise the SSC/HT Vader is gonna be massive man?!?!

The RAH is noticeably shorter than the Sideshow figures. As to the Sideshow Vader, the product page on Sideshow lists Vader as being 14" tall.

Nayo

Hmmmmn not sure what to do, I really like the figure but if I cant display him then whats the point yet I dont want to miss out on a sandtrooper if SSC dont release one?

The relatively low edition size for both the Exclusive and Regular Versions of the SS Stormtrooper (combined total of 7500 pcs) is a possible indication that we could see SS Sandtroopers, Snowtroopers and Scout Troopers soon. But I am just speculating.

All medi ST's are 11.8(300mm) inches tall so the height difference is not "HUGE" In fact it's quite minimal. So it's up to you.

Heres hoping considering a new body has been developed too.

A Tie-fighter pilot and Death Star Gunner wouldn't go a miss either.

I'm so glad I got into this 1/6th malarky line now.

Another thought that has been concerning me and i guess should be directed to the con attendees is what is the quality of the SSC/HT stormie compared to the RAH stormies considering the vast price differential?

I have the Sandtrooper and as a stand a lone figure i think he's too small and I'm not overly thrilled. However, I have one of the Hasbro Dewbacks and the smaller figure looks good on him considering the Dewback is out of scale too.

Hmmmmn I may not bother with him then, which is shame as I think its going to be a long wait until we get a SSC/HT Sandtrooper.

sand troopers/ storm troopers all have different height in the movie, so if you want to have a more screen accurate display its not a bad thing to have a shorter trooper. (or you can choose to get a cheaper SS version down the line and just chop his legs shorter)

I have my RAH Sandtrooper displayed next to SS Praji. If I get the hat off Praji, they are similar height.

RAH Sandtrooper is taller than their Stormtrooper..but the Clone trooeprs are the tallest of the line

The clones are taller, but they look weird as there arms are still for the shorter body.
But having said that my Ep3 clone stands next to Anakin soon it will be clone wars Obi & my Sandtrooper was with Praji & ANH Obi and looked fine, the trooper was at the front so perspective took care of the slight size issue.

All medi ST's are 11.8(300mm) inches tall so the height difference is not "HUGE" In fact it's quite minimal. So it's up to you.

Mike Crawford's got a pic of one next to his normal Sideshow Connor Macleod.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_061107a.htm

To each their own, but that's a pretty substantial difference to me.

Best solution? Buy the Marmit Sandtrooper :D They pop up on eBay regularly and the scale is much better with Sideshow's stuff than it would be against Medicom.

On the plus side, the Medi clones are a perfect fit with my Sideshow stuff. :rock

2807237807_db9db62785_b.jpg

I displayed my Medicom Clone Troopers next to my Sideshow Anakin and they look okay. I do not have the Medicom Sandtrooper so I can't comment on it. I held off buying the Medicom Sandtrooper because I think Sideshow is sure to release their own Sandtroopers and for the price of 1 Medicom Trooper, I probably can get 2 of the Troopers by Sideshow.

I hope Sideshow keeps the momentum going with a Sand Trooper...Actually a few different ones, Orange, white and black pauldrons.

I am quite confident we will see Sand Troopers from SS sooner or later. With the effort and money poured into developing the armor and armored body, SS would want to release more troopers both from the PT as well as the OT. If SS can release 5 different versions of Rebel Troopers, which includes the 2 recent ones announced, I am sure they will go for the Imperials soon.

Back