Poll: Should religion/politics be discussed on a toy forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should religion/plotics be discussed on a toy forum

• No, this is not the appropriate forum

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Yes, it is a discussion board afterall

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 19 31.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen

KurJen - Kurgan Mod
Reaction score
Okay I'm curious to see how many of you out there actually think that a toy forum is an appropriate place to discuss religion/politics. All these threads seem to result in nothing but bickering on BOTH sides and seem to serve no real purpose. There are a few who seem to know how to have an intelligent conversation but mostly it's people bashing other people. I definitely think these things need to be discussed - just not here. So please vote - I don't want this to turn into a debate - just want to see if you all like these threads or feel it would be better to discuss these ideas elsewhere.

Thanks.

Sad to say, but Yes it is as long as the part of the forum says: Other topics: For discussion of topics not covered by other forums; this might include interesting websites, sports, food, travel, or whatever.

Which I think is a major flaw.

I would vote no if I could see the poll

If you don't like it then don't go in the thread. What's the big deal?

She answered that pretty well:

There are a few who seem to know how to have an intelligent conversation but mostly it's people bashing other people.

It sows discord in the community.

If you don't like it then don't go in the thread. What's the big deal?:confused:

I'm just curious - these threads pop up everywhere and more and more people (jokingly and seriously) say they should be stopped or people posting them should be banned.

It seems to be leading no where - as others pointed out, most people are not going to be swayed from their personal beliefs.

I'm just asking if people are tired of seeing them here - if not, then continue on - just more work for the mods is all. :peace

If you don't like it then don't go in the thread. What's the big deal?:confused:

What's the big deal? Members start insulting each other... the list of new posts is constantly being pushed down by political threads... it creates a lot of work for the administration of the board... and some of us (mods for instance) have to read the thread whether we would like to stay out or not, because some of you can't have a discussion without insulting and name calling. So, yes, it's a big deal...

I would vote no if I could see the poll

She answered that pretty well:

It sows discord in the community.
It really doesn't. The people that want to discuss that stuff do it in their threads. Why do you people want to police everything in life?

There has been a long-standing, unwritten rule of social interaction that advises in the strongest terms against broaching the subjects of religion or politics in any discussion that one hopes to remain civil.

It really doesn't. The people that want to discuss that stuff do it in their threads. Why do you people want to police everything in life?

Please note my final sentence for the answer to that question.

id say yes we need them. i never go into them but after they get locked i like to read for entertainment purposes.:D

ps. politics, like most politicians, are ghey.:lecture

personally I don't really get involved in them. (I skim over them though) I've learned that arguing your views does'nt change anyones mind. tried that in my late teens/early 20's. sometimes you get along better with people when you know less about them. :D
don't care either way

Seems like most of the mods are the ones that don't want these threads because it makes their pointless job difficult.

Name calling is so bad! Must STOP IT!! :rotfl

Has there been a political thread that hasn't been locked for one reason or another? I don't mind discussion, and I'm very interested in politics, it's the insults and disrespect for others beliefs I don't need to read.

Rory, you never showed up to take me to Burger King. :mad:

personally I don't really get involved in them. (I skim over them though) I've learned that arguing your views does'nt change anyones mind. tried that in my late teens/early 20's. sometimes you get along better with people when you know less about them. :D
don't care either way
You speak the freakin truth. :rock

My whole stance is why do people care so much whether they exist or not. Not one person is forced to look at those threads if they don't choose to.

Has there been a political thread that hasn't been locked for one reason or another? I don't mind discussion, and I'm very interested in politics, it's the insults and disrespect for others beliefs I don't need to read.

Rory, you never showed up to take me to Burger King. :mad:

My bad. I went to Wendy's instead. :eek::lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back