Metallica.... new album.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creature4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm a Huge Metallica fan... well their older stuff anyway. Just heard the new track for the album in Sept.... and even though it had some good Guitar and Drums it just didn't have the flavor that made Metallica who they were. Oh well.:monkey2

Anyone else Hear this yet?

PASS

just listened to it..... the repeated ".. this I swear!" line almost ruins the song all by itself

Rick Ruben and Metallica... i suppose P. Diddy is next in line to produce...

meh. get the new amon amarth instead. i cant get enough of this band.
Amon_Amarth_-_Twlight_of_the_Thunder_God.jpg

Listen to "Cyanide" on their myspace, it is 100 times better than "The Day that never Comes".

sounds like they forgot to bring something to the studios. i cant quite place what it is.*ponders* hmmmm. what is it? Oh yeah!! they forgot their testicles.

I'm listening to The Day That Never Comes and I think it's pretty good. I also like the Iron Maiden cover (Remember Tomorrow) they have on their Myspace page.

the iron maiden cover makes me cry. you cant touch maiden. the other songs give me a cross between gagging and the dry heaves. sounds like they picked up right where load and reload left off. great job guys. way to break new ground.:wave

Metallica is one of those bands that as they moved further and further from their roots the lost all interest for me. I was never a huge fan, but they did have some classic stuff. Now they are just tired.

The band can't sound the same as they did in the 80s. Why does everyone think that? They have to progress and that will happen with time, as it is happening.

Ever since RELoad, I have lost more and more interest in their stuff. St. Anger was...dare I say it...BORING. I have heard a couple of the new songs on you tube...meh...and I love M!

Geb

The Day That Never Comes is the single... very poor choice IMO. heard it again and can already tell this album will suck!

the last metallica cd i got was the "black" album after that i've lost all interest in this band.........sellouts!! or is it just old age? nah, look at maiden, older than metallica and still making good music, so yes....sellouts..oh and ulrich's an ass!

The band can't sound the same as they did in the 80s. Why does everyone think that? They have to progress and that will happen with time, as it is happening.
because they are not progressing. they are regressing. metallica has musical talent, but they seem to put out albums that are full of boring crap and sound the same as numerous other bands that are half their age.

yeah but they could still have evolved and keep their trash/speed roots...Even today,Their is lot of great metal bands that are still very loud and heavy...In flames for example keep re-inventing themselves but never left their melodic death genre.And what about Slayer....No wonder their fans are some of the most loyal metal fans ever, Slayer never sold out and their music is even 100X more aggressive today than in the 80's.

I'm not even a big metal fan anymore, but I do know that Metallica aint a heavy Metal band anymore.

I am 34 now and grew up listeing to Metallica in their hayday(80's) and their sound has changed way to much for my taste.And Justice for all.... was their last good metal cd imo but as far as progressing goes you can do that and not sound like ^^^^(as they clearly do).I am a big Slayer fan as well and i still listen to their new and old music they have progressed also but still have that same edgey sound from the 80's.Lars needs to change his name to terd ferguson he is an ass....:rock:rock:rock

Back