Ugliest Gandalf Statue to Date

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipping is only $390 to the US. I'm considering it.

:D

Not my style.

(Although we should have learned by now to be careful about criticizing another's creative efforts. Who knows? Maybe the creator is a board member.)

Not my style.

(Although we should have learned by now to be careful about criticizing another's creative efforts. Who knows? Maybe the creator is a board member.)

Your right we shouldn't criticize but be honest could you love that piece? :duh

Not my style.

yes i think it was a great effort by the artist. people nowadays are spoiled by all the screen accurate statues on the market. dont see why we need to criticize people's artist ability. it is just an artist's interpretation. looks nice.

Haven't they done their research. When did Gandalf the Grey steal Gandalf the White's staff? Does it get any uglier than that? Creative license. :lol Not a bad interpretation other than that.

My eyes! Please, gauge out my eyes!!! :horror

No, it's not as bad as all, that, it's actually a pretty popular style in some circles. It's a very European thing, but even there it's only for a certain crowd. Then again, it could just be some little kid's science project-turned art piece, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. :cool:

Haven't they done their research. When did Gandalf the Grey steal Gandalf the White's staff? Does it get any uglier than that? Creative license. :lol Not a bad interpretation other than that.

I'm getting slow! I failed to notice that they had the wrong staff, lol.

While I respect the effort that went into the piece and do not wish my comments to reflect personally upon the artist--that is the ugliest Gandalf I have ever seen.

They did a good job on his hair. :rock Could have been a bit greyer. :lol

To me it looks like a half half. Half Gandalf the grey half Gandalf the white.

I'm getting slow! I failed to notice that they had the wrong staff, lol.

While I respect the effort that went into the piece and do not wish my comments to reflect personally upon the artist--that is the ugliest Gandalf I have ever seen.

I agree with you on that

It's very stylized and has a distinctive "folk art" vibe. But it does show that the real hair could have worked on the PF.

Honestly, I like it. Not in a $200 (+ ship) kind of way like it, but if I had been able to make this, along with the rest of the felowship in this style, I would proudly display them. Definately different, glad you posted the link.

wow... talk about fugly. i hope that it was intentional. i know for a fact that nobody would ever realize who it is supposed to be unless you told them.

Well its very stylized and because of that not everyone's cup of tea. I'm certainly not in love with it... but hopefully it works out for someone.

But $390 for shipping seems a bit high.

Back