BEST/WORST 1/6 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
All right so many "This is the Best" flying around with each release time to see how things shape up. What do you think is the best and worst 1/6 SW offering to date?

BEST:

A New Hope Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: While the Chancelor and Sidious are excellently done figures they IMHO fall to 2nd/3rd respectively to Old Ben. That figure is flawless and almost fells like a Hot Toys figure or a Custom with a ton of TLC especially in comparison to some of the others.

WORST:

Yavin Luke CIV Exclusive: This figure fell so short in execution from expectations. The ANH Tatooine Luke really made this look that much worse and even repaints from the most talented customizers can't save this IMHO.

What are yours?

I totally agree with you Mike, Yavin Luke would win Worst in my book,

I don't have Old Ben yet but I have seen him in person and he is the best so far in terms of overall quality.

I'd agree with Ben Kenobi... he's just an all around stellar figure.

Worst... not as sure, but the figure I've been least interested in ever owning was the Endor Sergeant. Not really a bad figure, but no real interest in him and he just doesn't look that cool to me.

BEST is without a doubt Jedi Luke. I know he's been around awhile folks, but let's face it---that figure practically put SS back on the map and made everyone point and laugh at that overpriced mess of Medicom's.

WORST is probably that stupid Padme doll.

Hope were not just limited to SS and SW for me :

BEST: Scar AVP just for the detail and the coolness of the figure

WORST: Have to say my "Beneath the Planet of the Apes" Mutant Leader for being plain and boring, apart from the sculpt and the fact he holds his face in his hand (literally) the things just boring. I like it purely for nostalgic reasons but tbh out of all my collection thats the one with the least uuuumph !

Last edited:
BEST
1. Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi (ANH)
2. Jabba the Hutt (ROTJ)
3. Darth Maul (TPM)

WORST
3. Bespin Han (ESB) & Anakin Skywalker (ROTS) tie. They're just really primitive due to being some of the first figures released. Mostly paint related and some issues with Han's sculpt and costume. No big deal though.
2. Chubby Endor Trooper that looks like Sideshow Employee. Hate this figure.
1. Yavin Luke (ANH)

Best
ANH Obi-Wan
(So far ahead of the rest of SSC's human/humanoid figures it's ridiculous.Had the rest of the 1/6 line been this quality I wouldn't have been anywhere near as critical of it.)

Worst
(Difficult to choose as IMO there's been a lot of stinkers but Padme stands out as the cream of the crap)

Man, I just don't see why all the hate for Han, I think he's great! But here is my two cents.

Best: HT Robocop just for the engineering alone.

Worst: To me I think the Medicom Superman Returns figure looks goofy with that body type he has and the creamy plastic face doesn't help either.

Best so far - Jedi Luke
Best this past year - Old Ben (but I can't judge the Palps set yet, as I'm still stuck at item shipping soon.)

Worst so far is a tie for Han and Yavin Luke, which by the way wins my award for worst this past year.

Worst idea so far - Prajii

Still, overall, I love what is being done. Looking forward to more!

Best:

Plo-Koon

Worst:

Old-Ben

kiding, kidding :D...

Worst:

Yavin

Best
1 Asajj Ventress - just awesome, the way SS did the hands for her is what puts it at the top.
2 Old Ben
3 Boushh

Worst
1 That ridiculous Padme
2 Yavin Luke
3 ANH Leia

SCULPT

Best: Old Ben

Worst: Han Solo (yes I prefer Yavin Luke)

PAINT APPS

Best: Jabba

Worst: Yavin Luke

CLOTHING

Best: Mace Windu

Worst: Princess Leia

ACCESSORIES

Best: Han Solo

Worst: ROTS Anakin (the paint job on my sabers was pretty crappy)

OVERALL

Best: Old Ben (no Sidious/Palpatine yet)

Worst: Princess Leia

Best:

Old Ben

Worst:

Bespin Han

I dont own Yavin Luke so I wont say him, all though judging from pix he is pretty bad.

Back