I need emergency Ebay help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

B Electronic

Hi guys,

I need help on filling a complaint against a buyer on ebay. I have recently sold my mint condition Fell Beast statue on ebay and the buyer has given me negative feedback on it without even contacting me first about a problem. He claims the statue arrived broken and scratched and also claims I knew about it and have send it to him in that state. I am completely outraged about it, especially since I've send him a photo of the statue taken before I shipped it, showing it in mint condition. I dont have a big feedback score and he has now made sure of it that my feedback score is now at 92,5% which will ensure me that I will never be able to sell anything again because people dont buy items from someone with such bad feedback score. I want to file a complaint at ebay and have that text removed. I have also send off an email to the buyer asking for a proof photo and why he hasnt contacted me about the problem. So does anyone know where I can contact ebay about this? Cuz right now my blood is boiling with anger.

Hi Just go to the ebay page and click the Help button, on the next page you see a few questions(FAQ) like contacting them. Just click that and follow the steps, you should be able to contact them then.
I must say ebay doesn't remove feedback,you can only try and work things out with the buyer to remove your feedback.

regards Linda

Have you received payment for the item? I'm not much use to you B Electronic, as I have never had to pursue this course of action. I would start by going through ebay's help section, "settling disputes" link
Send them all the necessary information, ebay item number, emails you have sent and received, pictures you sent, showing the item in good condition. Check out what insurance or coverage you are provided with, and pursue recourse of the item through those means as well.

As SoNS states, you may not be able to remove the feedback, but you can post your response in reply to theirs.

Hopefully one of the more experienced ebayers will be on line soon, to give you better advice.

Good luck, I hope you get satisfaction.

Under Ebay's own rules, you can have the feedback removed if the other party calls you a name or uses profanity. Barring that, it is all but impossible to have a negative removed. We all remember the seller called "LOTRMYLES." He left me a negative feedback calling me a "SCAMER (sic)". Ebay did remove the negative because he called me a scammer although he mispelled it...what an idiot.:lol

Anyway, if Ebay will not remove the feedback, post a thoughtful response that will put you in the best light to your future Ebay customers. I have bought items from those sellers who have some negative feedback, but only after looking at how they responded to that feedback.

B,Try `live Help` top right corner of Ebay.com home page.
(Basic chat room with an ebay rep! for US/UK/Europe)

Good Luck

Whats even worse is that I've already given positive feedback to the buyer. Does anyone know how I can change that feedback? Or am I now too late to do so?

B.. you can do a "follow up" or even "reply" to his negative...

It won't affect the feedback, but it'll give people browsing your feedback a better understanding of the situation.

This is so unfortunate. At least on the bright side, he isnt like claiming refund from you saying it didnt arrive. Some buyers are that dishonest, and it will end up with them having a free statue.

I hope you are able to have the negative feedback removed which shouldn't be a problem but i dont exactly know how long would it take to solve this from eBay.

I was in a similar position recently. I had left a buyer positive feedback and they without contating me had left negative.I contacted them directly and as it turns out the items i sold them were apparantly damaged in transit so i gave a refund.However, i advised this person that as they were being so unreasonable I would not give the refund until they agreed to 'mutually withdraw the feedback' which they did immediately.
Unfortunately the feedback does remain there but it is sort of neutralised and your rating goes back to what it was.
you can still of course reply to any feedback this person has left you but make sure it is clear,concise and to the point making them look unreasonable(if they are being that is, I know my guy was).

I hope things work out okay for you.:wave

Let us know how you get on.

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

BE - It is unfortunate that you got a "newbie" ebayer that
fired off a negative feedback before even contacting you.

I had that recently with a neutral feedback from a newbie Ebayer,
and I contacted the buyer and politely told them that the
standard procedure is to contact the seller first and exhaust
all attempts at resolution before leaving a negative feedback.

They then amended their comments, and left me a very positive
comment as a follow-up.

Amended Neutral Feedback

It always pays to be polite and try to work things out if possible.
(only a couple of exceptions to my "always polite" rule) ;) :angel

You may want to try and contact the buyer. It certainly couldn't hurt.
They may amend their feedback after discussions with you.
Most importantly for you - even if you have to leave somebody
a negative feedback - be polite about it. Stick to the facts
and don't go off like the examples I see all to often:

Dis Buyer Sux! Din't pay and is a jerk! #@$%@#$^#&%

That type of comment makes the poster look stupid, and it
can't be removed once posted, so choose your words carefully!

Here are some actual examples - scroll through and see:

Bad feedback comments by seller

And the "gold standard" for bad and abusive comments:

CybelMoon/AnnaBanana

She was kicked off of Ebay after being reported :angel for her repeated abuses.

If all else fails and you can't get the negative removed, perhaps
you may want to make a new Ebay username, exclusively for selling.

Something like BE Collectibles, and then start fresh as a seller.
You could advertise any of your listings on the board, to avoid the
"new seller" difficulty, and you'd build your feedback up quickly.

Your FB buyer is an anomaly, and it is unfortunate that they
just happened to hit you when you were starting out selling.
Don't let it dissuade you from selling in the future.

If all else fails leave him a negative feedback and then convince him to mutually withdrawal feedback on both your accounts. If he accepts your feedback will be back at 100% - just noticed you've already given a positive, well this solution won't work...

Yeah I had already left the buyer positive feedback. He was quick with his payment and he responded very quickly on each of my emails I'd send him. And seeing I didnt hear from him anymore, I just reconned he got the package and everything was fine. So I left him positive feedback and presumed he would do so for me aswell. And today I found out he left me not only negative feedback, but also accuses me of lieing and cheating at the same time!

So far I did the only things I could. I've send him an email asking him why he did not contact me first and also asking for proof of the actual damage (and I didnt use profanity - luckily I can control myself somewhat), I've send ebay an email asking for help about the situation and I've responded to his negative feedback (which only allows for a tiny remark which was barely enough to make a sensible sentence!! >: ) with a reply about sending proof beforehand of the mint statue and also stating that he didnt even contact me about any problems.

In the mean time I've read up on ebay rules and it seems I'm basically screwed. Ebay wont retract the feedback unless they also conclude that his remarks make me look as a liar and a cheater. So either the guy will retract his feedback or I'll have to live with the bad feedback....

As you have probably worked out, there is not a lot that you can do. The routine that I would follow would be:

1. email the buyer and politely ask why he did not contact ou before leving feedback as you would (and still will) have rectified the problem. Ask them you can sort the problem out and if he can retract the feedback.

2. If you have no luck, I wouldn't even bother with contacting ebay. They are good at taking your money and that's about it. There is no way of proving that it was or was not broken when it was sent and also when it arrived so they will not take sides.

3. Go to the follow up feedback option and make an appropriate comment to set things straight.

4. In your feedback area, respond to the feedback to explain what happens. If you run out of space, say 'Go to my About Me' page and then sum up your situation there.

Good luck.

HI
THE BIGGEST PROBLEM YOU HAVE IS THERE IS A DISCREPENCE WITH THE SALE
, SOME ONE LEFT ME NEG FEEDBACK , AND CLAIMED I HAD NOT REPLIED TO HIS EMAILS,
I HAD REPLIED TO EVERYONE, AND WHEN WE FINALLY GOT IN TOUCH (AND HE CHECK ALL HIS ACCOUNTS), WE SORTED THE DEAL, THE FEEDBACK WAS
"MUTUALLY WITHDRAWN , WITH AN EXPLAINATION LEFT BY , THE OLD FEEDBACK.
I WOULD MAYBE SUJEST TELLING THE BUYER, TO SEND THE STATUE BACK (TO PROVE THAT IT REALLY IS DAMAGED)
THEN OFFER HIM A REFUND AND CLAIM THE INSURENCE, (PLEASE DONT TELL ME YOU SHIPPED A FELLBEAST WITHOUT INSURENCE)
THIS WAY, AT LEAST HE WILL REMOVE THE FEEDBACK
BUT EBAY IS TURNING INTO THE SCAMMERS PARADISE,
YOU HAVE TO BE REDICULOUSLY CAREFULL THESE DAYS
:bliss

:bang I can relate B, one of my first eBay experiences was with a scammer, who after not sending my item proceded to accuse me of not paying! >:

The plot is thickening! The guy has send me photo's of the damage and there is indeed some minor damage. The tips of the spikes seem to be damaged, almost snapped off if anything. However, there are no broken parts in the box, which caused him to believe I've send it broken in the first place. I'm completely flabbergasted by it. I have no single clue what the hell happened to it. All I can think of is that the statue has been moving inside his box causing it to scratch off the paint layer (which is very fragile on the Fell Beast), or customs has opened it and damaged it (which seems rather strange), or the guy is a liar (which I dont think he is). I know I've send it to him in mint condition, yet it arrived damaged without fragments to show for it. I have no single clue here....

Btw, here's a photo of the damage:
ridiculous4ra.jpg

Oh and before I forget, this nice little picture has been posted in his last comment in my feedback on ebay. I am unable to respond to it anymore and show a picture of the item in mint state. And thanx to ebay, who responded to my email that I'll have to live with the bad feedback given which makes me look like a liar and a thief. What a great way to make my first steps on ebay. My perfect feedback score shot to hell, a guy who only seems to respond through badmouthing on my ebay feedback instead of email and as a cherry on the icing, selling my items on ebay will now be a royal pain in the arse.

Send him an e-mail linking to this thread, and maybe he'll see that you're an honest board member and one of the site's most popular members and maybe he'll start to believe you, and that way he could eventually agree to take down the negative feedback if you work something out? :dunno

Back