Sideshow should do Vehicles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iansilv

Freaked Out
Reaction score
After seeing the Speederbike in person again, I was impressed all over again withthe quality of the piece- specifically, the details and paint on the speederbike. Since MAster REplicas willno longer be making studio scale props, and Code3 seems to have bit it, I would like to see Sideshow do a line of star wars vehicles. They could keep them in a scale relative to each other within a particular genre- say, space fighters (TIEs, x-wing, Y-wing, Slave 1, etc.)

I think they would make some pretty cool vehicles. Thoughts anyone?

That would be cool, but if it takes away from any other line I'd not be so sure. It's still an awesome idea, but Sideshow seems spread pretty thin right now. So who knows? I wouldn't rule it out as a cool possibility though. :cool:

I pined for SW environments for years, thought they would never happen.

Now they're happening big time.

I am still pining for SW vehicles... so... :D

I want the inner environment of a vehicle (specifically the c-o-c-k-pit of the Millenium Falcon) for the 1/6 line...

I'd love a line of scale vehicles, preferably spaceships done in a few different scales for larger vehicles (Star Destroyers), mediums sized vehicles (Millennium Falcon, Blockade Runner, Sith Infiltrator), and smaller vehicles (X-Wings, TIE Fighters) etc..
I'd like them as detailed as possible, but I don't want to pay more then $50 for them.

if they created the "holo-walker" for sidious, in plastic, i think they could do a speeder, etc.

it seems they would need to increase their staff though or the other lines would suffer...heck there isn't even a SW PF in the pipeline(except for the scout trooper on speeder bike)....of course that could be because of all the Buffy line figs, PF's and Boba Fett PF's taking up room in their warehouse so maybe they would just need more room instead of more staff.

I can't say as I would buy them. I'm really trying to keep non-12inchers down to a minium. But I'd love to see what they could do! With all the detail that goes into their other Star Wars products I bet they'd knock vehicles outta the park!

I'd rather get the Falcon hold area, where the chess game booth was at. You could display quite a few different characters there in many different scenes.

these aren't the droids you're looking for

I don't think a 1:6 Luke's Landspeeder is a particularly far-fetched prospect. It's not particularly bigger than Jabba's throne and would be an excellent way to display old Ben, farmboy Luke, Artoo, Threepio and a couple of sandtroopers....

I'm not really interested in non 1:6 ship models from Sideshow.

Environments for the 12" line would be great.
For example:
- the interior of the Millenium Falcon (c-o-c-k-pit & where the chess table is located as two examples)
- Han's booth at the cantina so that when the inevitable Greedo is released in the scum and villainy line we can all show that HAN SHOT FIRST
- the Emperor's throne from ROTJ
- the lighted stairs from the Bespin/Cloud City freezing chamber
- Tantive IV white hallway & doorway to pose the ultimate villain entrance

The list goes on... but these are what I'd really like to see as the Jabb and throne are phenomenal and are still the jewel of my 1/6 SW collection.

There was an awesome little diorama of the emperor's throne room at CIV

I think we'll eventually see speeder bikes. They're already doing a 1/4 version...a 1/6 version seems likely.

Re: these aren't the droids you're looking for

I don't think a 1:6 Luke's Landspeeder is a particularly far-fetched prospect. It's not particularly bigger than Jabba's throne and would be an excellent way to display old Ben, farmboy Luke, Artoo, Threepio and a couple of sandtroopers....

I'm not really interested in non 1:6 ship models from Sideshow.

A landspeeder ANH Luke would be an excellent choice for the next 1:6 figure w/ environment figure after the Jabba Environment. Of course, the c-3PO and R2 1:6 figures needs to be addressed first but how cool would it be to display all four (Luke, Ben, R2, C3PO) sitting on the Landspeeder surrounded by Sandtroopers? The original Kenner Landspeeder and those 4 figures certainly were my favorite toys as a kid. Now that we're all grown up, time for an upgrade?

Last edited:
Back