Don't Watertreat Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was gonna throw some water on the Obi-Wan and I seemed to hear a voice in the back of my mind say "NO!". I want to water treat him with robes on.

Can anyone tell me if I am just hearing voices? or is it the voice of caution? :confused:

ohhh, i think its the leather parts bro. just keep those away from el agua. :cool:

Thanks itm. I knew I read something somewhere. I should have known it was Dave's voice in my head. :lol

pixletwin said:
Thanks itm. I knew I read something somewhere. I should have known it was Dave's voice in my head. :lol
Dave is in your head?:eek:

Actually, the robes on my Obi Wan did shrink!
I was impatient, and ofr some reason, the water from the tap was mildly warm and instead of waiting, I just dunked them in... not good.
The shrinkage wasn't catastrophic, but it did happen.

Pix... best advice I can give... soak all of his clothing and wring it out a bit.... And then flatten it out on a table, and THEN put it on the body. It will still hang naturally as it should and will dry nicely. No bleeding, no shrinkage. :lol

Just do NOT put that damn belt on!! :D

nash said:
ohhh, i think its the leather parts bro. just keep those away from el agua. :cool:

It is the leather. I put the belt back onto my Qui-Gon a little too early and the leather bled all over his underclothes. He's now posed fully cloaked to hide it.

All of the problems listed in this thread is exactly why I WON'T water treat my figures. I heard someone tried on Subject 57 and the dyes (green and blood) ran and had a colorful puddle at his feet. :eek:

Buttmunch said:
All of the problems listed in this thread is exactly why I WON'T water treat my figures. I heard someone tried on Subject 57 and the dyes (green and blood) ran and had a colorful puddle at his feet. :eek:

Paint fixes all....:D

Buttmunch said:

You're missin out then. The difference between a SW fig thats been water treated is light and day when you compare it to a plain one. especially if you are posing them in robes.

Oh I can definately see the difference just from the pics shown here, but like most things, even if I follow the directions I'll find a way to mess up.

I've used the water treatment on all of my 12" figs and have had no negative results

Back