Hopefully Sideshow uses good reference shots when they make Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
vlcsnap1413985cap90aa7.jpg

vlcsnap2610246lo0.jpg

vlcsnap2611988fx4.jpg

vlcsnap2612494fi8.jpg

vlcsnap2613578qx6.jpg

vlcsnap2614537sp4.jpg

vlcsnap2614751oo2.jpg

LOL, I'm pretty sure they are going to use good ones and not ones some yahoo grabbed and posted on the interwebnets.

EVILFACE said:
LOL, I'm pretty sure they are going to use good ones and not ones some yahoo grabbed and posted on the interwebnets.

Yeah, exactly! Too funny to assume they wouldnt.

hope they don't try to combine his different looks from each film together.

ANH Vader was the best looking. meaner dirtier. it was as if his armor was metal instead of plastic

and forget about doing the wimpy ROTS Vader

EVILFACE said:

It seems to me like they get archival photos from Lucasfilm as reference. You can't get any better than that.

EVILFACE said:

Ya, they get access to photos we could only dream of ever getting a glimpse of and access to resources beyond photos, like actually speaking with the Jabba puppet maker to create theirs, which paid off big time. Vader's look is different in all 4 film appearances, especially the helmet and armor. I know most want ANH Vader first, but I'd rather see ESB, ROTJ or even ROTS, I always felt like his ANH helmet and armor show the budget constraints and then once ESB got big funds, to me, that's what Vader was meant to look like all along, his glossy, perfect, imposing self :)

Is there a good referrence site to see all the differences in the Vader costumes? I can tell most of them, helmets, shoulder pads, lights/no lights, but I'm not to keen on the more subtle differences.

pixletwin said:
I am right there with you MaulFan. :duff

Thanks for the support pix. I'm all for ANH sentimentality, but the difference between this:

Vader12_ANH.jpg

And this:

vlcsnap1413985cap90aa7.jpg

Is quite clear, and since they kept the ESB look for ROTJ & ROTS, obviously, that's how he really wanted Vader, and the ANH was almost a prototype. ANH Vader looks like a beat up station wagon and ESB Vader looks like a factory new Mustang.

Coorectghosting said:
hope they don't try to combine his different looks from each film together.

ANH Vader was the best looking. meaner dirtier. it was as if his armor was metal instead of plastic

and forget about doing the wimpy ROTS Vader

I prefer ESB. Nice, shiney and the tunic looks better under the shoulder armor.

Like it matters, almost everyone wil ***** anyways.

I'll add my voice to the ESB crowd. His Empire iteration has always been my favorite (Doesn't hurt that ESB is my favorite film of all time), though at this point any OT Vader is fine by me...

My absolute preference would be ROTJ with full reveal mask, I say if you're going to do Vader, go the distance and pull that one off, I bet the Shaw sculpt would look beautiful, and hopefully they're means of attaching the pieces of helmet would be a little more secure than Medicom's.

I definitely want an ESB Vader (but that's for selfish reasons as the mighty Hurricane is making me a special customized Bespin Luke:vader :lightsabe :D )

personally i don't give a fk which one they use as long as i get a 12" SS vader. LOVE me some vader!

I would prefer ROTJ as well, Jedi Luke needs some one to duel with! :lsvader !!!

I really have no preference on which one they go with I just want a 1:6th SUITED Vader. :D

Back