Animated Chewbacca Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman1180

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere else. Stumbled across this on an retailer website.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CGE9098lg.jpg

Looks pretty good. Will go great with Han.

Like the Legolas & Gimli animated maquettes, the base is actually designed to connect with the Han Solo maquette so they can be displayed together.

OK, then what about this one:

chewiebwbq3.jpg

Just kidding--we won't see the monochrome Chewie for a few more months.

But that's the thing about Gentle Giant--as soon as they announce something that you are excited about, they follow it up with a frustrating announcement of another exclusive product that is going to be impossible to buy.

tomandshell said:
OK, then what about this one:

chewiebwbq3.jpg

Just kidding--we won't see the monochrome Chewie for a few more months.

But that's the thing about Gentle Giant--as soon as they announce something that you are excited about, they follow it up with a frustrating announcement of another exclusive product that is going to be impossible to buy.

LOL or at least 15 days I have put the normal one up on the site now if anyone is interested.

Bob

I was thinking it would be awesome to have this and Han to put with Leia (which I would then prolly wind up buying Luke :eek:) but I don't really care for it for some reason. I think it may be that down near his feet it seems to go gray. The fur hanging from his arms looks funky too, but that's prolly just one of the things that goes along with the translation to being animated. By no means does it look bad or anything, I think it looks cool, just not cool enough to persuade me to buy him (and Han and Luke :lol)

Pre-ordered! He'll look great with Han. The devil or not, GG is putting out some neat maquettes. But I refuse to get sucked into the B&W madness. I don't get the B&W versions, but I guess it's just a way of turning something into yet another exclusive.

I have all of the monochrome versions so far. Now that I missed out on the CIV Fett I am no longer a maquette completist, and I just might give up on the B&W line. It's funny what the completist mentality will do to you...

tomandshell said:
It's funny what the completist mentality will do to you...
Yeah it really sucks you in to the point you're buying things you don't necessarily like enough to buy otherwise. I'm always fighting the completist in me.

Necro bump of the dead!

I just received my Chewbacca Animaquette and I noticed the left foot is not flush with the base. Did anyone else encounter this?

chewbaccaanimaquette4.jpg

Back