Luc Besson's "Lucy 2" - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Reaction score
Lucy 2 in Development; Luc Besson Has Already Written Script

[SUP]Source: https://screenrant.com/lucy-2-development-script-finished-luc-besson/[/SUP]

EuropaCorp CEO Marc Shmuger told Variety at a recent shareholder meeting in Paris that they are readjusting their lineup following the commercial failure of Besson’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets this past summer. Part of that adjustment includes pushing forward with Lucy 2, which Shmuger says Besson has already written a script for. It’s unclear, however, if they plan on getting Johansson back for the sequel.

Besson co-founded EuropaCorp at the turn of the century, which employs a unique financing model that allows them to take high risks with properties, such as Valerian, and still possibly come out in the green, despite the movies potentially flopping at the worldwide box office. However, following Valerian‘s release, EuropaCorp plans on scaling back their push into more general productions and put their focus back into action thrillers and sci-fi films. Furthermore, going forward, they will release two or three English-language films per year alongside two French movies with lower budgets than usual.

Yup. And generally I like Luc Besson's movies, but I just had no interest in Valerian....

Lucy was definitely enjoyable. Not sure if they need a sequel but since the drug was produced, it could happen again.

Thought it was an ok movie, but at the end seems like they didn't know what to do.

Lucy was a s*t movie, I Have no interest in it's unnecessary sequel.
If you want a better movie with this exact premise, watch Limitless with Bradly Cooper.

I liked the premise, the idea was interesting. but I hated Scarlett in it. she really ruined this movie. I couldn't stand her smug serious way of acting
if this had a different lead it could have been so much better. Why can't Luc Besson hire the right people? Valerian had the same problem

I liked the premise, the idea was interesting. but I hated Scarlett in it. she really ruined this movie. I couldn't stand her smug serious way of acting
if this had a different lead it could have been so much better. Why can't Luc Besson hire the right people? Valerian had the same problem

That was definitely a problem with Valerian, even so, I liked that movie.

Back