Hello from a fellow lurker that finally signed up!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unuunilium

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm Unuunilium :wave. Like a few of the others, I finally pulled the trigger and signed up. Been lurking around for a bit, envious of people's awesome collections here.

As a child, I didn't really have a large collection of figures. I had a small assortment of Power Rangers and Star Wars figures. Unfortunately, later on my parents sold off my childhood in various garage sales. In recent years, I've really got into collecting Marvel Select, Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black, Transformers Masterpiece, etc. things in the 6" inch scale. I never really thought about going into 1/6 scale until this year, when I realized I was running out of room and my display shelves seemed so cluttered. I thought about downsizing my collection.

Fast forward to July 2016. After a few months of deliberating, I finally decided to buy my first 1/6 scale figure ever, a used Hot Toys The Terminator T-800 Battle Damaged. Boy, was I just amazed at the detail of the figure and the loads of accessories he comes with! :) The battle damage on the Arnold face sculpt is just so gnarly.

Last month I've decided to get a Hot Toys Iron Man. Another used figure, the battle damaged Mark VI. I'm aware that they're making a diecast figure, but I don't think I can wait that long. Maybe, I'll get it when the time comes. However, with Iron Man figures, you just can't have one. I've put thought into it and decided to get a War Machine Mark I. This time, not the old plastic one but, the new diecast one!

So here I am now, on Sideshow's waitlist for buying the diecast War Machine Mark I, which will be my third Hot Toys figure. Thank you for reading this and being here as a community!

Welcome!

Like you, I was a lurker for a long time before joining the forums. It has been a great resource to learn about the hobby.

1/6 figure collecting has brought me much joy but it can a dangerous hobby on your wallet. Once you get that first figure, you fall down that rabbit hole and start getting them all. Just be selective of which figures you end up buying. Best of luck!

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Unuunilium !
wavesmile.gif

Back