PDA

View Full Version : John Carpenters Vampires.

steve1971
03-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Of all the Vampire movies out there my favorite is John Carpenters Vampires. James Woods is awsome in this movie. Its one of my favorite dvd's I watch all the time. I think the acting is great and the storyline is excellent. I just wish SideShow would make a Jack Crow figure as well as a Valek The Vampire fig as well. Anyone else like this movie as much as I do? :emperor

denger4000
03-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Heck yeah! And I'm not even a fan of Vampire movies, but I like this one.

darth dypshyt
03-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah, It was OK...but Carpenters movies, in my opinion, have gotten worse as he gets older...I mean this and Ghosts of Mars are OK, but pale in comparison to Halloween, The Thing, Escape from NY and even They Live...

Cocoboloboy
03-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah, It was OK...but Carpenters movies, in my opinion, have gotten worse as he gets older...I mean this and Ghosts of Mars are OK, but pale in comparison to Halloween, The Thing, Escape from NY and even They Live...
"They Live", isn't that the '80's movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper in it? I saw that in the theater when it came out. I love that flick! We need some figs from that one too.

BrianK
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
He is suppose to have a new film coming out that is to bring him back to being a master of horror again.

gdb
03-09-2007, 02:29 PM
"They Live", isn't that the '80's movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper in it? I saw that in the theater when it came out. I love that flick! We need some figs from that one too.

That's the one. "They Live" has THE best line in it ever:

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum."

denger4000
03-09-2007, 02:35 PM
They live is my favorite movie by him actually. Piper is the man.

Darth Caedus
03-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Yea, that line in THEY LIVE was great. I love JC's Vampires. I think it's a great popcorn movie. Woods and Guinee are great. Plus the creepy guy who plays the Val was the creepy guy who played the karate teacher in The Karate Kid III.

Cocoboloboy
03-09-2007, 04:54 PM
He is suppose to have a new film coming out that is to bring him back to being a master of horror again.
Who? Roddy Piper or John Carpenter?:lol

The ill Jedi
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
I love James Woods, but this movie was weak. From Classics such as The Thing, Halloween, They Live and Big Trouble in Little China, he's been putting out some bad stuff in recent years.

EVILFACE
03-09-2007, 06:20 PM
James Woods was great in it, but the rest of the movie sucked!

BrianK
03-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Who? Roddy Piper or John Carpenter?:lol

Piper can direct,my man. Do not let the skirt fool ya.

Shai
03-09-2007, 06:50 PM
PIPER HAS CANCER AND THAT MOVIE (VAMPIRES) WAS WEAK...

JAWS
03-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Never been a big fan of this film. In fact as someone else said John Carpenters later films pretty much stink. I pretty much agre with that.

I Love - Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween, The Thing, The Fog, and Christine.

I enjoy - Dark Star, Escape From New York, Starman, Memoirs of an Invisible Man, and They Live.

I can live with - Big Trouble in Little China.

I pretty much hate - Prince of Darkness, In the Mouth of Madness, Village of the Damned, and Vampires.

Two of the worst films I have ever seen - Escape from LA and Ghost of Mars

Blu-Vapor00725
03-10-2007, 05:12 AM
Never been a big fan of this film. In fact as someone else said John Carpenters later films pretty much stink. I pretty much agre with that.

I Love - Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween, The Thing, The Fog, and Christine.

I enjoy - Dark Star, Escape From New York, Starman, Memoirs of an Invisible Man, and They Live.

I can live with - Big Trouble in Little China.

I pretty much hate - Prince of Darkness, In the Mouth of Madness, Village of the Damned, and Vampires.

Two of the worst films I have ever seen - Escape from LA and Ghost of Mars

I agree The very first films were good but everything after just felt uninspired on Carpenters behalf. And I for one couldn't stand ghosts of mars. That was terrible. And the fog was garbage, but everything else I can at least tolorate.:D

Shai
03-10-2007, 05:34 AM
One of the best vampyre film is Near Dark.

Best Carpenter movie, is of course,Halloween...a Classic.
The thing comes 2nd for me.

I loved big trouble in litle China also...:o

hydrobud
03-10-2007, 06:06 AM
this movie was on last night.anyone watch it ?

Cocoboloboy
03-10-2007, 06:29 AM
:lol
Piper can direct,my man. Do not let the skirt fool ya.girly man

JAWS
03-10-2007, 08:02 AM
One of the best vampyre film is Near Dark.

"It's Finger Lickin' Good" BABY!!!!!!!!

DarkArtist81
03-10-2007, 09:17 AM
"It's Finger Lickin' Good" BABY!!!!!!!!

:rock:rock:rock:rock

LOVE that line!!

denger4000
03-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah, Near Dark is really good, I forgot about that one. I don't think anyone actually likes the The Fog.

JAWS
03-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah, Near Dark is really good, I forgot about that one. I don't think anyone actually likes the The Fog.

I like the fog!!! Not the remake of course but the original is just fine with me.

Blu-Vapor00725
03-10-2007, 09:56 AM
I like the fog!!! Not the remake of course but the original is just fine with me.

i guess everyone has their own taste but I wouldn't touch any of these movies, even with a ten foot pole.