"Where do we go from here?"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olvidadero

Chipmunk Robot on Ice
Reaction score
Now that the Buffy/Angel line is over (or on hold, as you prefer), where are you going to concentrate your collecting passion, skills and money? I myself will consider getting a couple of PF statues (Lord Darkness and Ash). However, it'll be essentially other companies for me. I'll stick with the Cult Classics line from NECA, and especially whatever they release from "Labyrinth". I will also get Mezco's "Goonies" and McFarlane's "Lost". And last but not least, I'm going to try to complete the DST Buffy line and start collecting every "Firefly/Serenity" collectible. In all, I'm going to concentrate on 6-7" figures, since I can't afford statues and overpriced stuff right now.

Last edited:
In the short term I'll continue with collecting the Sideshow back-catalog of 12" figures (I only collect 12"). Ive been doing this for some time (only last week I picked up Ash & Medievil Ash). I've finished all the Buffy/Angel Figures, about 4 X-Files ones to go and a few Bonds as well - so I'll pick up the missing ones, maybe even get a few Universal Monsters if I can find them.

In the future I suppose it means I'll get more Hot Toys or Medicom figures - I just hope they come out at a big enough interval to afford. Hopefully some new company sees the vacancy left by SSC's move to a universe far far away and picks up the slack.

I guess i can focus more on the figures i don't own like the Hush Buffy and the Gentlemen. Besides those i'll be buying other Buffy things from eBay

Nothing for me....at least not in the realm of figures. With Buffy ended, Dark Shadows a no go, and no announcements of 12 inch + Harry Potter or Pirates of the Caribbean figures.....I'll be taking a 'vacation' from collecting much of anything.

There's a couple of pieces I want to pick up if I can (not figures), and I thought about getting into the Tonner Harry Potter line if they do the adult characters, but for now....it's nothing for me.

This whole thing has really soured me on collecting Sideshow product. I cancelled all of my Sideshow orders except for Boushh and the Bubo creature pack to finish off my Jabba display. I too will probably be taking a vacation from collecting, an extended vacation.

Well. if this isn't the BUMMER OF ALL TIME!!! I have purchased every single one of the Buffy/Angel line figures, plus several duplicates, all from Sideshow directly. As long as there was hope..........ah well, what difference does anything I say make? I have over 120 figures in about 13 licenses, going pretty far back; most from Sideshow, some off ebay. If there are no more B/A figs to look forward to, then I have lost a lot of interest, because I only collect 1/6 figures. From SS or ANY other company. NO premium formats or other weird sized stuff for me. Where do we go from here? D----d if I know?! :sick

LordAzrael said:
In the short term I'll continue with collecting the Sideshow back-catalog of 12" figures (I only collect 12").

In the future I suppose it means I'll get more Hot Toys or Medicom figures - I just hope they come out at a big enough interval to afford. Hopefully some new company sees the vacancy left by SSC's move to a universe far far away and picks up the slack.

Ditto for me. I too collect ONLY 12"ers. Here are a few of the options I've been mulling over.

1) I have a few holes in my Buffy collection that I need filled. Drusilla, Darla, and the Gentlemen just to name a few.

2) I can beef up my gorilla garrrison... in a feeble attempt to catch up with Ironman and Stickman. You can NEVER have too many APES!!!:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

3) I've had my eye on that Kate Beckinsale Anna figure from Van Helsing for awhile now... maybe NOW is the time. :lol :rotfl :lol

4) I've yet to snag ANY of the Kroenans for my Hellboy collection. Perhaps I might get the Sammael statue to go with them considering they are the same scale.

5) That Medicom 12" X3 Wolverine looks pretty sweet.

6) I might FINALLY pick up a couple of Highlanders... Might. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
3) I've had my eye on that Kate Beckinsale Anna figure from Van Helsing for awhile now... maybe NOW is the time. :lol :rotfl :lol
Please promise me that you will try to get one without the receding hairline:

6.jpg

Dave at rebelscum is doing a little feature on how to water treat her hair so it's not as scary.

I don't think any amount of water is going to help that hair line. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Protozaius said:
2) I can beef up my gorilla garrrison... in a feeble attempt to catch up with Ironman and Stickman. You can NEVER have too many APES!!!:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5
HAHAHA. Good Luck!! :monkey5
I have decided I will not order any new product thru Sideshow. I, too, have some gaps in my collection [Drusilla, Darla] that I am still trying to fill but I won't even attempt it thru SSC. I am going to be contacting other figure companies to alert them to the fan base that is still out here for many of our favorite lines. I urge everyone to do the same. Yes, Majestic took a bad turn and wound up going under [before I could get my Dark Shadows, Phibes or BSG wave 3!!!]but there are other companies that may be interested. If not I am totally loving this whole custom head project. It is a great way to further the line for us, without giving Sideshow any credit [or $]. I don't even plan on using any new SSC bodies for any of the customs. We should all support the custom items being made for our lines. I plan on getting at least one of every head the Buffy/Angel project brings about. The idea, so simple in development, struck me as being so easy that I have started a similar project for the POTA fans. I see many of them over here in Whedonville and I hope to see more of you in the Forbidden Zone.
Please stop over and vote [and buy whatever one wins!!]
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17696

Well for me im going to stp buying figures ect.I will just pick up a few more pieces before stopping completly!Such as the essence buffy statue,giles 12inch,blue suit lorne and then Angel pf then thats it unless someone announces somthing that looks amazing with a great likness to SMG.

I will be spending my money on dvds,music and designer clothes.And im saving for my Veeners.

Protozaius said:
I don't think any amount of water is going to help that hair line. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

lol. SSC were really mislead by their factory (or had no idea themselves how to do rooted hair... or how to pack figures with rooted hair) - for me that's an indelible black star agin their name for foisting those things on Joe Public.

But with some water treatment and styling gel a rescue attempt can be mounted; this is how mine turned out...
AV_FIX.JPG

Nick

MiskatonicNick said:
lol. SSC were really mislead by their factory (or had no idea themselves how to do rooted hair... or how to pack figures with rooted hair) - for me that's an indelible black star agin their name for foisting those things on Joe Public.

But with some water treatment and styling gel a rescue attempt can be mounted; this is how mine turned out...
AV_FIX.JPG

Nick

Boy... the difference is amazing!!! Good job. I just wonder if this monkey got his hands on one would I be able to make it look THAT good. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

And it is surprising that Anna's price on the secondary has remained relatively high... all things considered (BAD movie, BAD hair). :rolleyes:

I loved the Van Helsing film and Anna was my favorite character. I've thought about getting the figure of her but Buffy is a priority so she'll have to wait. I think the difference before her hair was watered and styled is amazing. So tell us exactly how you did it? I'd give this a go when/if i get my Anna figure

Slayerverse98 said:
So tell us exactly how you did it? I'd give this a go when/if i get my Anna figure

Good question - it was so long (and sooo many heads) ago...

Stage one was to try to get the hair tighter to the head; I probably used a clear cellophane strip around the head (like how the old Mego girls and Azone doll heads come packed). The head was then put in a smallish ziplock bag and dunked in boiling water in the hope of (i) setting the hair tighter to the head and (ii) keeping the water away from the hair to avoid straightening out the curls.

Then all was taken out and I turned to the styling gel for the final effect; took some time doing one length of curly locks after the other. The result looks good... but over the months the hair starts to expand out again but it's still an improvement over the untweaked version.

Or at least that's how I think I tackled it - good luck!

Nick

WOW that looks fantastic! Just curious did you get the prophecy girl buffy? and if so did u try and fix her hair?? I have the exlusive version I'd love to know how make her hair look a little more... human like.

Slayerverse98 said:
Sounds awkward, lol. So you had to make each individual curl yourself? I could give it a try but i'm bound to mess up somewere

I probably made it sound more awkward than it is - the hair will more or less tell you how to apply the gel once you've started.

I've also just found an old Hasbro 12" Cobra Commander mask (the plastic version of his cloth hood) lying around with front section cut out of it. This may have well played a role in the hair-setting too... I think once the gel was applied (& still wet) I slipped said mask on over her head to encourage everything to set tighter to her head (had to cut the front out so it didn't squish her nose).

Sire said:
WOW that looks fantastic! Just curious did you get the prophecy girl buffy? and if so did u try and fix her hair?? I have the exlusive version I'd love to know how make her hair look a little more... human like.

Cheers :) Yep - I got PG Buffy... she's still one of the few figures I left locked away in her box - she scares me; there ain't no makin' that gal more human like! I fear her hair is a lost cause - for me it's been cut too short to have any real 'futzing' potential. She really needs a complete re-root with longer, better quality locks. Sorry :(

Nick

Back