Whats the hold up on 1:6 ewoks?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayrod88

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand why we haven't had atleast a Wicket at this point. I know Medicom made an attempt at Wicket, but I'm not after a prone statue-esque figure. I think with Sideshow's 2 Jawa bodies, we actually have a chance at getting a few characters now. Wicket is key, but I would like to see Logray, Cheif Chirpa, and Teebow.

The next question here is, Sculpted or furr like Chewbacca?

I wouldn't call it "logistical". I think it may have to do with demand. Ewoks are cute and my kids love 'em but I don't personally want them in my collection.

I wouldn't call it "logistical". I think it may have to do with demand. Ewoks are cute and my kids love 'em but I don't personally want them in my collection.

I'm not convinced there's no demand. In the entirety of modern Star Wars collecting, can anyone remember any Ewoks figures or collectibles being peg warmers? They seem to be one of the safest sales bets around, honestly.

I can't think of anyone else who'd want those. That could be the hold up?

I'm not convinced there's no demand. In the entirety of modern Star Wars collecting, can anyone remember any Ewoks figures or collectibles being peg warmers? They seem to be one of the safest sales bets around, honestly.

That goes for apperal too. Walmart had a series ( collection?) of shirts last year around May 4th consisting of Vader, Fett, Chewie, Wicket, Yoda, Maul, and Stormtrooper. The first one to sell out in my area was Wicket. I wore that same shirt to all Star Wars weekend events lastbyear at Disney and everyone asked where I had purchased it. I understand many hate ewoks, but they have a large fan base. I hate thatbthey aren't represented well with collectibles today. I really want a good representation of them in my 1:6 collecton.

I'd love a couple of Ewoks but with Chewy now a furred figure, I can't see how SSC or HT would do sculpted, and doing furred would be even more difficult than Chewy due to the small size. They'd also need unique bodies of different sizes (though I guess the Jawa or Racoon bodies could be adapted. I actually think they'd sell reasonably well, but I don't see them happening.

Ewoks are cute and caters to a whole new bunch of people. And if they were more affordable, people would get multiples and swap stuff between them, but priced at raccoon, maybe less so.

I suspect that hot toys might make wicket IF they make endor leia. I think packaged together they would sell very well.

At the rate HT makes figures and the fact that they likely have a lot more to tackle first, I wouldn't hold my breath for one from HT. Your best bet is SS making one as they are much more likely to take that one on.

main-qimg-0d663986538a42bf74d2106f43e38420

Where are the reviews for the Gentle Giant Jumbo's?
WicketJumboKenner.jpg

I been thinking about this one for ages...
I bought a Stormie and Vader as gifts, and thought if I ever wanted any for myself it'd be the droids, Wicket or Ackbar.
I just want it to put on the Sideshow speeder-bike for a day or two.

Back