What SS piece was the hardest to pass on?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
All of us have to prioritize since most of us can't have everything. Which SS piece did you have the option to purchase at retail that you passed on, or bought and then sold, that was the most difficult to let go of?

For me I'm guessing it'll be the PF Hulk. He's huge, expensive, I don't really have the display space to properly show him off (aside from sticking him on the coffee or dining room table), and my wife isn't a very big fan. I have the Grey but will have to sell him off. People probably think I'm a jerk for asking a high price for mine but part of it is because of my emotional attachment to how amazing it looks.

I have a feeling that everytime I see a Grey or Green pictured in someone's collection I'll feel a tinge of "if only" but life's full of tough choices. :)

What are yours?

My brother and I had our waitlist converted for both X-men vs Sentinel #1 exclusive and Dr. Doom PF and we didn't have enough money for both, so one had to get axed and if wasn't Doom.

Bodie The Cursed said:
I had X men dio #1 on order.. Saw it at the con and thought it looked cheap and CXL'd it.. I can be such a snob.:emperor

Lesson learned :monkey2 ...when I saw Hulk PF at the con I said the same thing and I didn't take any chance but to get it regardless.

Jabba's throne. It would've been cool to have the whole setup, but that damn thing's just too big, and I couldn't bring myself to shell out over $200 for what is essentially a big stone slab. I had a brief tinge of regret for cancelling when people started posting pics of their displays and even put myself on the waitlist, but I eventually cancelled that as well. A man's got to know his limitations.

The Lord of Darkness bust....It was so very cool but a bit out of my price range and a little too large for my apartment. It would definitely have been the centerpiece in my home...perhaps too big of a presence. I suppose I worried a piece of that size and stature would just be too overwhelming....but I did regret it...especially after it sold out. But now I'm getting the PF Exc. so I do feel a little better...but to have had them both would have been mighty cool.

General Grievous Exclusive... had on preorder since the first day, but had to cut him once they started shipping. i still wish i would've taken the hit and bought him anyways.

TOE said:
had our waitlist converted for both X-men vs Sentinel #1 exclusive and Dr. Doom PF and we didn't have enough money for both, so one had to get axed and if wasn't Doom.

another story here

mine were converted but I was new to SS and thought that I might buy from ebay cheaper at that time LOL

very stupid of me isn't it :)

Doom Exclusive. Had it in my cart when they had the second chance offer but couldn't pull the trigger. In hind sight I guess I'm glad I didn't get it because I'd be full into the Marvel PF's and just can't swing that.

I was also on the wait list for the X-Men VS Sentinel Exclusive but cancelled as I got it from a retailer instead. Just think, I could've had two :monkey2

Darth Loki said:
Doom Exclusive. Had it in my cart when they had the second chance offer but couldn't pull the trigger. In hind sight I guess I'm glad I didn't get it because I'd be full into the Marvel PF's and just can't swing that.

I was also on the wait list for the X-Men VS Sentinel Exclusive but cancelled as I got it from a retailer instead. Just think, I could've had two :monkey2
Two...one for you and one for me.:monkey3

The piece that I absolutely regret not getting the most is the PF Mummy. I had it on order and I really wanted it because the sarcophagus was so beautiful. But due to money I had to cancel thinking I could pick up the SSE when it came out. That didn't work out so well.

I'd say its between the Dr Doom Ex and the Ex Predator Maquette.

I had Doom on order but realised as he was going to ship that I could'nt afford the other stuff and him so cut him loose :monkey4

I didn't go for the predator but have regretted it ever since.

I have three pieces. Darth Maul 1:1 scale bust, Doom PF, and the Predator Maquette. I would love to have had enough money have had these pieces. I kick myself all the time for missing them.

Figuremaster Les said:
Jabba the Hutt, and all that related coolness! :monkey2

Me too. Even as I type this I am tinged with green jealousy for all you that got the whole beefy nummyliscious encha-jabba.

Darkness PF Exclusive.

Saw him and new instantly where he would go. Beautiful figure. Would have been my first PF, too...:monkey2

Back