Batman v Superman Statues from Sideshow??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thekyazzz

Freakzoid
Reaction score
So yeah i was still asking myself about this line in an announcement from DC Comics about Batman v Superman Merch after seeing the Final Pictures from Prime1 today

"Additional toys, games, and collectibles partners bringing the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice products to life include Funko with fan-favorite stylized collectible figures; Thinkway Toys with a role-play line for Batman and Superman fans; Jakks Pacific with their popular 31-inch and 20-inch collectible Batman and Superman figures to size up for the epic film event; Tonner Dolls with detailed-design fashion dolls; Bandai America with poseable figure model kits; Spin Master with roaring remote control Batmobiles; and Buffalo Games with adult puzzles; among many other licensees. DC Comics enthusiasts also won’t want to miss detailed statues from Sideshow Collectibles; authentic prop replicas from The Noble Collection; an 18-inch articulated figure from NECA; high-end replica Batmobiles from Soap Studios; and high-end collectible creations from Hot Toys, Kotobukiya, SquareEnix, Medicom Toy, Prime 1 Studio and Union Creative.

LINK: WBCP AND DC ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCH WORLDWIDE LICENSING AND MERCHANDISING PROGRAM FOR BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE | DC Comics

So does this mean the Prime1 Line via Sideshow or will we see 1/4 Statues and Stuff from them?
Maybe even the same stuff just 1/4? Like we help you sell your stuff but we want the Molds for 1/4 Statues dunno just a thought :pray:

Sideshow will get around to making these when The Justice League 2 is in theaters.. look how long it too for the Dark Knight PF's ...LOL!

Bet we'll see prototypes teased during their 12 days of Christmas. When the figures will actually be released is beyond me.

They could do that back when they were still the most exciting brand in collecting, but now they are missing out on a lot of sales. People want a great BvS piece sooner rather than later and they will miss out on some bucks. Well, at the very least my bucks.
If they had announced their stuff already and had it up for PO I might have gotten 3 PFs from this line. Now I will get one Prime 1 half scale piece instead.

I don't see a need to wait on premium formats from Sideshow. There are good options available this year for whatever collectible range you fit into. Prime 1 has their large scale prototypes ready and will have preorders available sometime this year. I like the 1/6 scale offerings from DC. I am going to pick 2-3 statues from that collection and that will be it. For a $119.00/ each they're a steal and it feels good to get a deal for a change. $119 1/6 scale vs $565 1/4 scale. I can buy just about every major character in the movie for less than 1 pf. The last thing I want is a large expensive premium format with quality control concerns in a questionable pose that probably won't look anything like the prototype, exclusive batarang. Like another member said, they're not the only game in town anymore. If they make something close to perfect down the line, I'll take a hard look it but it's not exciting just because they have the license and they might make something.

Back