Share your broken statue stories.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Destroyous

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's a tearjerker for sure but I know I can't be the only one dumb enough to let one break. (I didn't see a topic for it so if this is in the wrong section to post then sorry). I lost a soldier today during a move. The black and grey Batman PF, with the leaning issue. I set it down on carpet without thinking just in a hurry and 5 seconds later heard it fall over. Ear broken in 5 places. One of the blades on the left glove broke off, big tear on the left leg of the costume. Gaaahhh! So tragic but it was my own fault. I just gave it to my Goddaughter so I feel slightly like John Cena (no comparison by the way as that man has done more for sick children than any human being imaginable) but anyways yeah I'm down a Batman PF. Just interested to hear what statues everyone's broken and how.

Overall I have been pretty lucky with breakage issues on my statues.

The 1/4 Darkchylde statue drove me crazy trying to display her with those wings. You need a lot of room behind her to display properly or else you risk the tips on her wings making contact with the wall and breaking off. After several repairs I finally gave up and now display her without her wings on.

And once I moved my Bowen Strikedown Thor statue and his head just plopped off onto the floor. Fortunately I was able to find all the pieces to the wings on his helmet and glue them back on, and for good measure I glued his head on as well.

Me and wings have bad luck.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454680659.259072.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454680674.131370.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454680693.142049.jpg

I bought this custom piece a couple months back and it came in broken in two spots. Not bad breaks, but still breaks. I don't have enough skills to fix these breaks and the statue is too big to ship or take anywhere to have it fixed. The seller gave me a small refund for my problems, but still I'm kind of stuck in a tough place now with it. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks

As it happens I snapped the smoke off of the Harley Quinn B&W smoking gun last weekend while dusting. Snapped right at the thinnest point so looks too thin to be able to glue it back together.

Anyone suggest anything?

JSC Spiderman Comiquette.. freaking weak magnets holding the arms on. I've brushed against them numerous times and knocked the arms off. And with those super long fingers something was bound to break. Sure enough, eventually the pointer and thumb broke.

As it happens I snapped the smoke off of the Harley Quinn B&W smoking gun last weekend while dusting. Snapped right at the thinnest point so looks too thin to be able to glue it back together.

Anyone suggest anything?

Huh I always assumed that piece was plastic.That sucks man.

I've got 3 stories: one from me and 2 from the gf. (Luckily I was able to repair all 3 and none would even know unless told about it)

Me: I used to have my Anakin Skywalker PF on a lovely wall shelf made by the very talented Cocoboloboy. The shelf was right underneath an outlet that I rarely use and between my 2 main detolf cases w/ the show case figures if you will. However, one day I bent down to plug in my charger for my phone and (mind you I'm an athletic build 6'4") when I came up, bumped my head on the shelf and down came Anakin! Leg with lightsaber wiring in it broken off and all fingers but the thumb on the force hand broken. Luckily I was able to fix both and it's good as new. No one ever knows until I tell them this story. Learned my lesson and now my PFs are on mid height bookshelves.

GF: Broke the rose off the DCC Poison Ivy Covergirl statue as well as cracked the hair. Nothing some glue (for the rose), epoxy putty (for the cracked hair) and paint wouldn't fix :wink1:
GF: Were at the LCS where she worked and she just got it in that day. Opened it up and showed it off and put it back in the box. But, when putting it back, she didn't secure all the pieces in their spots. So, when a friend came in, she wanted to show it to them, as soon as she opened it again, pieces just started falling out. She broke many pieces of the "smoke" effect from DCC Batman & Catwoman Kiss statue. Found matching color hot glue and "sculpted" and recreated the broken pieces.

Those are my 3 cases. I'm hoping there won't be any more but I'm sure if/when children get in the picture, it will only be a matter of time for some more damage to mysteriously occur

Last edited:
My broken statue horror story began on a very simple day. I picked up a really nice Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 on a motorcycle probably 10 years ago. At the time I worked at Wildstorm and I would have it next to my desk. A cleaning lady at night had at one point knocked a couple of the spikes off of his head and I saved those and meant to fix it. When Wildstorm closed (which was Jim Lee's comic studio) I brought all my stuff home and put it in my home studio. The cloud statue had been sitting on a bookshelf for probably about a year and it badly needed to be dusted. I decided one day to carefully bring it down, and I was going to clean it. In my attempt to be careful I ended up getting nervous and literally bobbled it in my hands and then just dumped it on the ground. It broke into about a hundred pieces. It was so bad in fact, it was actually hard to get mad or upset. The thing was a complete loss and it was so obvious immediately it was just like "I cannot even believe that I just did this." I carefully cleaned up all the pieces that I could find and put it in a box and its been sitting in my garage ever since. I honestly think with my artistic skills I could probably fix it, it would be a lot of work but it I do believe that I could repair it, and repaint it.

I'm on my phone when I get a chance I'll grab some shots on Google of the piece and if I can find the box I'll snap a photo of the destroyed statue as it is now.

definitely a heartbreaker. It's a very, very cool display. And it was my first statue I ever bought.

I have a Batman statue from the Warner Bros. store ( still miss that store ). It was approx. 24 inches tall- '60's - 70's style lt blue/lt gray colors. Well the box had become damaged ( damp). so I took it out of the box, it was still wrapped in foam &clear wrap. Some time later I found it on the floor - one of Batman"s ears had broken off & is till in the wrapping somewhere. I thought about tossing the whole thing out ( it only cost $60.), but reconsidered because it is a cool statue. Some day I will try to repair it. With the advent of computers it is much easier to match paint colors, so I think I can glue & smooth out the edges.

It's a tearjerker for sure but I know I can't be the only one dumb enough to let one break. (I didn't see a topic for it so if this is in the wrong section to post then sorry). I lost a soldier today during a move. The black and grey Batman PF, with the leaning issue. I set it down on carpet without thinking just in a hurry and 5 seconds later heard it fall over. Ear broken in 5 places. One of the blades on the left glove broke off, big tear on the left leg of the costume.

Strangely enough I did the exact same thing with my Batman PF although it sounds like mine fared slightly better than yours. One of the fins on the left glove broke off but it was a clean break and I was able to glue it. I didn't get a tear in my costume but there is a rub mark on it from where the cape hit it and there is also a spot where some black paint rubbed off the cape.

a 6-foot tall, 3-tiered glass display case that shattered onto itself. About 12 statues damaged to varying degrees.

a 6-foot tall, 3-tiered glass display case that shattered onto itself. About 12 statues damaged to varying degrees.
Wow... I'm very paranoid of glass shelf, they look good but you alway worry about combined weight or someone leaning. Specially since you have young kid they're unpredictable.

Long time ago I got my first statue when I was a kid it was a Disney Marvin the Martian resin statue my mother was cleaning a wall unit it fell and his head broke and wrapped his leg couldn't stand.

The other was my baby doll ex pf. Was dusting and moving it around her head fell off and broke sum pieces off her hair.

Dodge bullet with my Darth talon when I first got her cape commission by a member here. Almost dropped her head off 3 shelf besta. I would have shat my pants.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

I felt like someone kicked me in the nuts. I couldn't even bear to look at it for a few days...It was about 6 bowen pieces and 6 Sideshow pieces. Thankfully, a local artist was able to patch up most of them.

To this day, I have no idea how or why it happened.

My modern bats head fell off when I went to rotate the base of the statue. The ears shattered into pieces and the nose was scratched. The good news is that ssc stepped up and replaced the head, but what I didn't notice is the other damage the head did on its way down to the floor. Apparently it hit the leg on the way causing 2 tears in the suit. I wish i noticed it at the time I asked for a head replacement maybe ssc would have helped me out with a new body too. The holes aren't huge but they are visible and bug me nonetheless. oh well at least he has a head again....

I didn't sleep very well the night it happened, was pretty pissed off at my self and that weak ****ing magnet. The next day i tried to avoid ny statue room didnt want to see it, was dreading the idea of boxing it up...

The sheer terror.. I had a similar experience... a shelf in my 4 tiered glas display case collapsed while I happened to be standing in the room. Lucky it wasn't holding statues and none of the hot toys were damaged... I dodged a huge bullet about 12 figures on those 2 shelves; only 3 got pinned but unharmed. Might have been worse had I not been in the room to minimize the damage.

Last edited:
My modern bats head fell off when I went to rotate the base of the statue. The ears shattered into pieces and the nose was scratched. The good news is that ssc stepped up and replaced the head, but what I didn't notice is the other damage the head did on its way down to the floor. Apparently it hit the leg on the way causing 2 tears in the suit. I wish i noticed it at the time I asked for a head replacement maybe ssc would have helped me out with a new body too. The holes aren't huge but they are visible and bug me nonetheless. oh well at least he has a head again....

I didn't sleep very well the night it happened, was pretty pissed off at my self and that weak ****ing magnet. The next day i tried to avoid ny statue room didnt want to see it, was dreading the idea of boxing it up...

Yeah exactly. I'm still thinking about it right now even. Eventually I'll forget it but it crosses my mind like every hour. Totally my fault but why did there have to be so much weight on one side in the first place? The base should be wider. There wasn't much they could do like they did with the Thor statue by adding an extra piece but they should've just redesigned the whole base completely. Like for as many times as the Batman PF was delayed they could've at least redesigned the base.

Not much, outta my 6 1/4th scale I've had 2 issues.

Hellboy horned head was broken:

pNVWbiS.jpg

zS00P0r.jpg

Sideshow hooked me up with a replacement, and all was forgotten:

aws2S2F.jpg

Queen of the Dead had a small crack in her toe:

sFfaaOn.jpg

But near perfect tattoo alignment:
wgXcIDL.jpg

RKRcJ9m.jpg

So I kept her.

Back