nearmint's modest newbie collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nearmint

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I can't say that I collected statues until the middle of last year. Before then, I picked up a few, the Masterpiece Superman, The Fleischer Cartoon Supes and Lois, the Robin and Batgirl mini-busts, but only to decorate my comic book room. Every year at Comic-Con I'd check out the Sideshow booth and think, wow, those are truly awesome. I'd go to the convention prepared to spend thousands on Golden Age comics, but somehow the idea of spending $399 for an awesome statue just never occurred to me.

That is, until the Sideshow Batgirl PF last year. Someone posted the preview pics on the CGC boards, and I fell in love. Never had a statue brought a character to life for me, and I had to have it. Once ordered, I signed up for these boards, at which point I was totally screwed. I picked up the Comic Book Batman PF, the Comic Book Supes PF, the Hulk Maquette, and others, now totaling 9 statues.

I have all 9 statues on top of 42" bookshelves. I don't like to have them on the shelves below because I don't like to create barriers between statues. I look at some displays and they look like a prison, each statue in its own cell. I like statues that appear to be interacting with each other. Hulk and Thor going into battle together. Catwoman's outstretched hand teasing Batman. Superman, Wonder Woman, and Power Girl looking ready to work in concert to take down some galactic menace.

My collection will probably never exceed a dozen PFs or so. Space is very limited, and I don't want it to look cluttered. I'm going to post photos in this thread, sometimes to show off new acquisitions, but sometimes just to show new photos of I've taken of existing statues if I think they're interesting enough to share.

I hope you enjoy! It's been a crazy first 6 months of collecting!

A297098A-B0B9-42F5-BB19-41CBF325D515_zps2hfekqgm.jpg

356F8E94-E0B7-43C9-A63E-7B5EDAF6BA62_zpsyfky0m9y.jpg

Back