Recommend Godzilla statues, or figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have always been big fan of Godzilla, I am looking for really good quality statues or figures. 8 inch and up. Any suggestions or examples from your own
collections.
Just watched Godzilla versus King Ghidorah tonight.
Thanks

That is a great request! I too am a big fan of Godzilla and would like to now about some statues as well. I remember Figuremaster Les having one in his collection...I think.:confused:

I see all kinds of stuff on ebay but I don't want to buy some cheap piece. I am hoping that some of the regulars can give me some good advice.

X-Plus USA did a beautiful statue of Godzilla from the original 1954 film, but it is a bit pricey. Kaiyodo produced several vinyl statues of various appearances, a little hard to come by but if you check from time to time on eBay you might spot one.

MaulFan said:
X-Plus USA did a beautiful statue of Godzilla from the original 1954 film, but it is a bit pricey. Kaiyodo produced several vinyl statues of various appearances, a little hard to come by but if you check from time to time on eBay you might spot one.

Checked out a few on the bay.
Ouch, nice but pricey. There is a small one 4 inches for 19.99, I will have to
think it over first.

Three words: Super Final Premium :cool:

DSC03704.jpg

DSC03705.jpg

Pretty much every Bandai Godzilla figure made in the last 10 years is extremely accurate to the film it's meant to represent, no dissappointment with any of them, and I have like 20 plus.

The Medicom RAH Godzilla figures are great also.

They're designed just like SS's Creature figure where there is a 1:6 body inside a rubber suit.

Bonehead15 said:
The Medicom RAH Godzilla figures are great also.

They're designed just like SS's Creature figure where there is a 1:6 body inside a rubber suit.

Beat me to it, the RAH Godzillas are awesome! I have the 1954 version and its one of my favorites. Also they've dropped a bit in price lately. On eBay they've been selling around $60-$80. Here's a review I did of my Godzilla. Its funny, looking at that review... I really wasn't very good with my camera back then :rotfl

There was also a company called Marui that made a 18" or 24" tall Remote control version. That was had fully walking, arm, tail and head movement... also roared. I think they sell for around $500!?! But I saw one in person a couple of times and they are a think of beauty. A rubbery outer suit with a metal armature that made it move. Probably the coolest Godzilla item I've ever seen.

That remote G is awesome!

I have two of the X-Plus statues in my office - they're pretty dang cool - and HUGE.

I'll take pics on Monday.

I also have a couple of the "crane game" figures from Japan. They're basically huge plastic kits - but they are super well made. I have a Godzilla 2000 and Gamera.

Pics in about 10 mins...

Tin

These are the two crane figures I picked up in Japan about 4 years ago. They are from Banpresto.

The Godzilla one is about 11 inches tall by 13 inches long nose-to-tail.

The Gamera one is about 9 inches tall by 12 inches long nose-to-tail.

These are some of the best Godzilla/Gamera figures I've seen. And they're scaled to each other.

I got them for about $10USD each back then, but I've seen them on eBay for much more. These are the original prints. The later ones have different colors.

Godzilla 2000:
godzilla1.jpg

godzilla2.jpg

Gamera:
gamera1.jpg

gamera2.jpg

Wow, those are really nice! Are the articulated at all, or just statues? Definitely some of the most detailed I've seen!

The only downside of that G2000 is that it's based off the design maquette so if you're looking for it to look just like the movie, it's a little off, but the maquette design is very cool, looks a lot more ferocious than most Godzilla designs.

galactiboy said:
Wow, those are really nice! Are the articulated at all, or just statues? Definitely some of the most detailed I've seen!

Thanks, Galactiboy. They are somewhat articulate. The Godzilla has moving hands, neck, and tail. The Gamera only has a moving tail.

Tin

MaulFan said:
The only downside of that G2000 is that it's based off the design maquette so if you're looking for it to look just like the movie, it's a little off, but the maquette design is very cool, looks a lot more ferocious than most Godzilla designs.

Yup. The G2000 is from the original maquette design by the guy who created the design for the movie. Which is pretty cool.

Tin

I want to thank everyone for their comments and great pictures. You have given me lots of choices. Thanks Mannix for the link.

You can always count on SS freaks for help.

Back