Bandai Star Wars Darth Vader 1/12 Model Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tortugatron

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I have to say I am astounded at how much better this "Model" Darth Vader looks than the Black Series at the same scale. The proportions are spot on in most areas, and the helmet is like looking at a photo of Vader. Anyone else build one from the series? I have R2 and R5 shipping, and if this is any indication to the accuracy of the kits I am sold. :)

unnamed-3.jpgunnamed.jpgunnamed-1.jpg

That actually looks pretty good

I have the R2-D2 and R5-D4 kit, and it's really really good. A very high level of accuracy. There are a couple issues I have with it though--it has removable panels, but the panels don't really stay in, so it's best to choose whether you want the panels closed and then glue them on. The other issue is the metal parts, which the metal just doesn't look good because it's all swirly, so if you want to make it look really good you need to paint them.
Other than that, the pieces go together well and there's a ton of detail.

Keep in mind those cape pieces aren't molded in that matte finish. That was done during assembly; as well as all the silver spots on the mask face. I'll take another shot of the helmet removed later. I didn't paint the skin on the head yet. And I'm debating on doing so since it will most certainly never be displayed as so.

Back