Sideshow T-800 & T-1000 Legendary Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terminator 101

Freakzoid
Reaction score
DSC07242.jpg
[/IMG]

Ahhh finally i got them.

I was excited to finally learn they where here. As a Terminator fan, i just had to get them even though i would have loved it even more if they where life size 1:1 bust rather then this Legendary...

So what do i think of them? hummmm. Im glad that we have Sideshow, Hollywood Collectors gallery and Cinemaquette doing Terminator stuff, if it wasn’t for them then i would have had to settle with the Macfarlane action figures, and a few bust by Gentel Gaint. Well apart from that garage kits in one shot wonders. Sideshow have made some excellent and impressive stuff for quite some time now, and i hope they continue to do so, and make more Terminator stuff especially, well i would say that as im a Terminator NUT.

The Legendary T-800 is well sculptured, solid in weight but the down fall i find here is in the paint work of his skin tone being a bit too plain and bright reddish. Also he has this sad puppy looking face, for some reason. Apart from that, i still say its an good item, which could have been better. I love the way its red L.E.D light fades away when you switch it off. I think out of 5 id have to give it a 3 & a half.

The T-1000, is a better attempt in the paint work area. Again well sculptured, solid in weight, has more colour tone touch ups on the skin, but im not too sure of the eye, seems a bit to big. I give this one a 4.

Still both items are great for what they are, im pleased to have them, and im just sharing my opinions by giving them a little review.

Well done to Sideshow, and keep up the good work and more Terminator stuff please. :)

R.

Why does some paint application by Sideshow looks extraordinaire and others like those busts look like cheap toyish paint...:confused: no offense terminator & maulfan.:eek:

Shai Hulud said:
Why does some paint application by Sideshow looks extraordinaire and others like those busts look like cheap toyish paint...:confused: no offense terminator & maulfan.:eek:

None taken, let's open some discussion, what is it you think isn't good about the paint on these?

I love the T-800, it was really well done, and pictures can't even give you the full effect of having it in person. They did such a nice job simulating the cloth for his bandolier that I thought it was real cloth as I was taking him out of the box, then as soon as I touched it and felt it was a solid part of the statue I was quite surprised.

MaulFan said:
None taken, let's open some discussion, what is it you think isn't good about the paint on these?

Well the first thing that caught my eye is there are some ripped muscle tissue that has silver paint run up on it instead of a clean red/silver break. Something like that SHOULD NOT be missed on a high end piece and should not even be that hard to paint with the size of it.

EVILFACE said:
Well the first thing that caught my eye is there are some ripped muscle tissue that has silver paint run up on it instead of a clean red/silver break. Something like that SHOULD NOT be missed on a high end piece and should not even be that hard to paint with the size of it.

I don't see where you spot that.

EVILFACE said:
:confused: You're a graphic artist right? You don't see that detail?

I don't see it sorry, I've been staring at it every day as it sits next to my monitor at work and it's all beautifully sculpted and painted, I see no flaws in the paint applications, and I've scrutinized it. Perhaps our opinions of how it should be simply differ and where you spot I flaw I don't.

MaulFan said:
I don't see where you spot that.

I can see it. In this shot look south of the robotic eye and the dark groove surrounding it. There are several spots where the silver paint overlaps the sculpted muscle tissue. It's similar to the skin tones being painted over part of Bespin Han's hairline.

Hope this helps clarify things! :)

T7.jpg

EVILFACE said:
:confused: You're a graphic artist right? You don't see that detail?

Evilface, just because Maulfan is a graphic artist doesn't mean he's certified in "flaw-spotting" on his collectibles...especially if he really, really likes it. It does blind you to the little flaws even if you are scrutinizing it. Think back to college papers you may have had to write. You can proofread it over and over five times, and there are still one or two glaring errors that slipped right past you.

Also, keep in mind the size of this piece. Those spots were very small on a close up pic, and that's when they were magnified!! I can only imagine how small they are in person and without direct light being thrown on them.

I'd love to get the T-800 bust just to try and repaint it.... I see a lot of potential with that sculpt.... Could look a lot more awesome if worked on for a while....:rock

DarkArtist81 said:
I'd love to get the T-800 bust just to try and repaint it.... I see a lot of potential with that sculpt.... Could look a lot more awesome if worked on for a while....:rock

I'd be quite curious to see what you would do because I'm in awe of it as it is now, it's like a little Arnold on my desk.

I have to agree with Maulfan! This thing is amazing! I was expecting only so-so after getting the T-1000 (which is only average in opinion), but the T-800 is sweet! Mine looks better than the box image, which is rare for a Sideshow product! And no one has mentioned the light up eye! When you turn it off, it takes about 2 to 3 seconds to fade to black, just like in the movie! Now that is a very cool feature!!!

lcummins said:
I have to agree with Maulfan! This thing is amazing! I was expecting only so-so after getting the T-1000 (which is only average in opinion), but the T-800 is sweet! Mine looks better than the box image, which is rare for a Sideshow product! And no one has mentioned the light up eye! When you turn it off, it takes about 2 to 3 seconds to fade to black, just like in the movie! Now that is a very cool feature!!!

Didn't think to point that out, but it an awesome feature, I don't know if it was just coincidence with the light they use or intent, but I like to turn it on sometimes then shut it off and stare at it, and I can hear the music in my mind and see him laying on the metal platfor just after T-1000 runs him through.

As for the paint issue that has come up, I am actually very good at spotting flaws, too good sometimes, I hate not being able to take things in without disecting them, but as I suggested before, it is a case of personal taste. I don't see the type of paint issue in question as a flaw, to me it's minimal so when it was pointed out, I was looking for something more bold and inexcusable and that's why I overlooked this area.

As for T-1000, I didn't purchase that one only because I thought the blownout eye was neat to see maybe once or twice but would get old after awhile. It would have been cool if they did a regular face with some bullet exlposions on his chest.

A side note for everyone, I have the Rambo bust on order and shipping soon, so I'll be sure to share images with that when it arrives. I've been having to make budget choices lately, but after I got T-800, I grew impressed with how these pieces can be and I think the Rambo will be phenominal.

:(:(....
I thought I would of had a good excuse to scream necro poster !!! then .
You have an awesome excuse though because those photos are bad ass! :rock

Back