Will Sideshow ever make their own version of the Medicom dolls?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will sideshow offer their own versions of the dolls Medicom has already made?

• Never

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • 1 year after Medicom's release

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 2 years after Medicom's release

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Sideshow will eventually get to them but it's not a priority right now

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpcreations26

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I have had this debate for a while with one of my buddies. He states that Sideshow must have an agreement with Medicom to not produce the same characters they have made because of their alliance with the Star Wars license. I say Medicom does not care as long as both versions are not released at the same time. How can it be possible for Sideshow not make a kick ass 14" Darth Vader?

Sideshow will have an armoured Vader. They will have stormies. They will do 1:6 Boba Fett.

I am pretty sure we will see a Vader this year. :duff

Gee, i can only guess where this is gonna end up.:rolleyes:
Anyways if at all i bet it's around the same time thingy.

pixletwin said:
Sideshow will have an armoured Vader. They will have stormies. They will do 1:6 Boba Fett.

It's just when is the question cause they're gonna have to update those bodies.

pixletwin said:

I am pretty sure we will see a Vader this year. :duff

I agree.... Just wait!! I see Vader not too far off.... :vader

Oh man... I'm giddy just thinking about it... :chew

Why would they make their own versions of Medicom dolls?

They are going to make their version of Star Wars characters.

Seth Gecko said:
It's just when is the question cause they're gonna have to update those bodies.

I know what you mean and I just have a good feeling that we won't be dissappointed on that front. (I hope). :D

I'm not really up on 1/6 collectible info prior to the Sideshow line starting, so I don't know when the Medi Jedi Luke was officially released, but does anyone know? I don't think Sideshow cares so much when Medi's come out in determining their lineup, expecially when financially, their customers fit a different market where Medi's cost as much as 3-4 times the price of a Sideshow figure and even the Sideshow price can be too high to afford sometimes.

pixletwin said:
I know what you mean and I just have a good feeling that we won't be dissappointed on that front. (I hope). :D

Well since i don't have my medicom vader anymore(i'm stupid)They only way i'm getting SS's is if it hits THIS year. I'll be able to wait if it hits this year, if not i'm going to get the medicom again cause i want to get it again really bad but i won't wait till 08'.

I hate the fact that Medicom announced a RAH Boba Fett instead of Sideshow!! I guess Sideshow must have a rule concerning 1'6 scale figures of characters they have made PF's of because so far none of the PF have been made in 1/6 scale.

jpcreations26 said:
I hate the fact that Medicom announced a RAH Boba Fett instead of Sideshow!! I guess Sideshow must have a rule concerning 1'6 scale figures of characters they have made PF's of because so far none of the PF have been made in 1/6 scale.

Not me!!:D Thats gonna be my figure of the year.

Anyways SS hasn't said they're bringing over medicom fett yet so it could still be in the loop or a jango.(if they were bringing over fett to distribute then i'd say for sure SS fett is a long way off.But no matter for me i get fett in June

I would suspect that the two markets wouldn't have too much of an effect on each other. Sideshow's figures are less expensive than Medicom's over here, I assume the opposite is true in Japan. So most likely when sideshow releases a figure that medicom has out most people here will buy Sideshows and people in other countries who can get Medicom cheaper will buy theirs.

jpcreations26 said:
I guess Sideshow must have a rule concerning 1'6 scale figures of characters they have made PF's of because so far none of the PF have been made in 1/6 scale.
I think they did, not 100% sure. The exception would be different versions of the same character. Like Jedi Luke instead of ANH Luke etc.

galactiboy said:
No you're not your a generous soul...

And anyway, Sideshow already made Jedi Luke (their first 1/6 as well as Medicom), so I would say "hells yeah" they're gonna make the same figures. They already did :D

Not a chance they'll copy the Medi figs -- Sideshow's not going anywhere near Vader, a Stormtrooper, Boba or Jedi Luke...

...oh, wait...

I know Sideshow made a jedi Luke already but that was before they started distributing for medicom so the plot thickens!

I suspect that with the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars looming, we have to get at least one of those big characters (Vader, Boba Fett, Stormies), they'd be crazy not to. Especially with the fact that Medi released a Jedi Luke and Sideshow did one as well. Those other figures just needed more time to develop and I think they've been working on them since day one.

In terms of the 1/4 to 1/6 issue, SSC said originally that they wouldn't make a 1/6 version of a character currently circulating in 1/4 so there wouldn't be an overload or competition from the same character. They said that when the line was first picked up. This is probably why they wanted to get the ANH characters out there first because they'd be out of direct circulation by the 2007 Anniversary...As for the MediCom vs. Sideshow likeness debate, I have a feeling that both are running on two different scripts and one could care less about the other...We'll see all the characters made by MediCom made by SSC eventually I mean we have both Lukes right?

Jedi_Mike said:
In terms of the 1/4 to 1/6 issue, SSC said originally that they wouldn't make a 1/6 version of a character currently circulating in 1/4 so there wouldn't be an overload or competition from the same character. They said that when the line was first picked up. This is probably why they wanted to get the ANH characters out there first because they'd be out of direct circulation by the 2007 Anniversary...As for the MediCom vs. Sideshow likeness debate, I have a feeling that both are running on two different scripts and one could care less about the other...We'll see all the characters made by MediCom made by SSC eventually I mean we have both Lukes right?

Just to clarify because some people may not pick up on it, when they said they weren't going to do the 1/4 characters in 1/6, they meant that appearance, which is why we got ROTJ Luke and ESB Han and ROTJ Leia, and we could still see a Boba Fett 1/6, it would probably be the ESB since his ROTJ is in PF format already.

Exactly, thanks. :rock

It'd make sense too to do an ESB Boba before an ROTJ Boba, while yes he was at Jabba's Palace and it'd work, they made a Bespin Han Solo for a reason, I'd think its safe to assume that we'll be getting a Bespin Leia, Bespin Lando and most likely a ESB Boba Fett with the beloved Han in Carbonite offering around there as well....

Back