The Force Awakens teaser comments - when it hits in a few hours :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandible

Super Freak
Reaction score
By the time I wake up everyone will have already seen it so lets start the comments here.

Being a crusty old OT guy, I hoping for a miracle from this new one... please...

It's on iTunes today as well, so we don't have to travel hundreds of miles to some theater to see it. Looks like if the rumors are true it's supposed to be available at 10:15 am EST. I'll likely postpone any of my impressions... you can't judge a movie by its trailer. Still planning to watch though!

I remember seeing Star Wars back in the 70s when the line at the theater in our small town wrapped around the parking lot - which never happened before or since... We couldn't even get in the first time we tried to see it and had to come back a few nights later! Nothing against Avatar - which I really did enjoy, but people who compare these newer movies to the phenomenon that was the original Star Wars back when it was originally released really have no idea... one couldn't have an idea, unless they were there. So much has changed since then, the magic of the original can never be recaptured like it was, BUT I have enjoyed the prequels (particularly Episode III), and I believe while they likely will never recapture the magic of the original back in its day, it will certainly be fun to see a new Star Wars flick!

Why in here? there's a thread already in movie section? Just to let you know, doubt many will post in here..
:duff

I am just glad another SW movie is on the horizon. I can't wait to share the experience with my kids!

010d518b8a2ec835ce4359ce9222d208.jpg

Instagram: SoySith

I was born in '75 so I was there nearly from the start but I also enjoyed the prequels to varying degrees. Revenge of the Sith I actually prefer to Return of the Jedi so I'm certainly no OT snob by any means.

But I hated the trailer & have zero faith in Disney's take on Star Wars. Stormtroopers, Falcon, TIE-Fighters, never seen those before, yawn. Plus a really 'cool' new lightsaber design that I'm sure will shift many a toy come Christmas next year. Full trailer will, of course, tell us far more but I can only judge it based on this trailer & I saw nothing to allay my fears about where this franchise is heading.

Oh well, there it is...

Liked bits, but overall it feels like "JJ Abrams" Star Wars.

In the lead up I heard them saying they were shooting on the same film stock as EpIV, same grading technique, etc, etc... AND, going back to practical effects; yet clearly, the Falcon, Tie's, "soccer-ball droid" were obviously CG. I was expecting some sort of hybrid, but I guess it's a sign of the times.

Saying that, I've watched Star Wars Rebels with my son and even though the ships are obviously CG, the way they've emulated the early shot designs gives them a great look and "feel." They feel weighty and cumbersome (like the old films) even when doing full blown manoeuvres. That shot with the Falcon at the end just feels "cool" for the sake of cool.

We'll have a better idea when the real trailer hits, so I've still got hope...

Loved everything I saw I am hard core OT elitist too, a child of the 70's. Wasn't too thrilled about the claymore lightsaber when I first heard about it a little while back, but seeing it made me think it will work. There will be haters, but this is SW, it will never live up to the OT but it will be FAR, FAR, closer and tie in with the OT way more than the PT.

So pointless that you wasted your time with a pointless post :wave

Hehehe, I was tempted to say the same thing. Actually this thread is much nicer than the other one - went in there and discovered there are more Sith than Jedi in there - the hate is flowing freely! I miss the days when people could disagree on something without having a meltdown, when they could still care about and treat one another with respect. Back when Luke's lightsaber had that original blue glow to it and Vader wasn't Luke's father yet, men were real men, women were real women, and Bugbladder beasts from Drall 3 were real Bugbladder beasts from Drall 3. At least there are a few of us left! (and I still like Episode III better than Episode VI - I wish they could digitally redo Palpatine's performance in VI as good as it was in III!)

Love everything about the trailer. There's hope that these next 3 will be the best SW ever. More serious and less of the childish stuff. The new with light saber is so different and cool. Love it all! Disney was the best thing that happen to SW.

I thought the lightsaber design was silly. Frankly Double Sided and curved were already pushing it but this one was just silly. Not that a funny lightsaber is going to hinder my enjoyment of the movie at all but just saying. :lol

I thought the trailer was a wash. Some parts looked liked a bad fan-film, which is where the lines sounded like they came. Some of the camera work was awful. But the feel was just right. And seeing the X-Wings and Millenium Falcon in action with modern CGI was amazing.

Although I wasn't a big fan of the trailer, everything else about this movie so far has been promising so I'm not too worried. I'm sure it will be great!

Back