How do Hasbro Gamorrean Guards stack up with Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xander

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm looking to get something a little more wild and out of the ordinary for my 1/6 colection. I'm considering a pair of these babies (or piggies) to go with Bib and Luke. Anyone have any pics iof them along side some Sideshow guys? Do they fit in well scale-wise or am I wasting my time?

That's funny, I have been thinking about getting a pair of these myself to go with Bib so I'd like to hear opinions from those that have them.

I've got one and I think they look pretty good. Someone more talented than me could probably do a decent repaint. The paint doesn't bother me as much as the articulation. Not bad for the $6 I paid for it off of ebay though.

I just bought one off of Ebay for $12.00. So I would imagine if you look you can get them for cheap.

:emperor
BadMoon said:
I just bought one off of Ebay for $12.00. So I would imagine if you look you can get them for cheap.

Ha, I was gonna bid on that one, but got tied up at work. They are so darn cheap.

Last edited:
They actually do look pretty good.

I'd love to see what what some of the resident artists could do repainting one though (the Hasbro paintjob is pretty garish)...

jedibear said:

I'd love to see what what some of the resident artists could do repainting one though (the Hasbro paintjob is pretty garish)...

This is the Hasbro figure. It's okay. Great sculpt, but the paint is wretched.
gammy3co.jpg

And for fun, here is my repaint with added articulation at the neck and arms.
gammy1kh2.jpg

Last edited:
jedibear said:

did ones ages ago,no additional articulation like CMs just a repaint.
gguard.jpg
[/IMG]

IT goes to show how an excellent sculpt can be ruined by bad painters. This one was sculpted by some freelance guy, not Hasbro. I really DISLIKE the practice of blackwashes on mass market figures. It only makes the damn things look worse.

Mikey if you are interested in doing another repaint on one of these pm me and let me know how much.

Wow, that's beautiful!

Man, I wish I could paint figures because this pic would look that much better!

f90f608f.jpg

Man--once the Jabba stuff starts rolling I forsee some CRAZY displays around here!

I can bet you, SOMEBODY is gonna build the entire scene from the ground up--the palace walls, the eiree lighting, wall hangings, accessories--I sense a 1/6 Jabba's throne room is in the works in some die-hard fan's room.......

Captain Aldeggon said:
Man--once the Jabba stuff starts rolling I forsee some CRAZY displays around here!

I can bet you, SOMEBODY is gonna build the entire scene from the ground up--the palace walls, the eiree lighting, wall hangings, accessories--I sense a 1/6 Jabba's throne room is in the works in some die-hard fan's room.......
I had planned to rebuild a portion of the throne room until I started to map it out. I forget how big it was going to be but lets say it was HUGE. I think it was like 4-5 feet long and that was just the room where the throne was.

Customikey said:
Definitely...when Bib finally arrives on Jan 5th (oddly, my 5th Wedding Anniversary!)

Uh oh, dangerous territory there, be careful not to show a collectible too much attention on the special day haha.

Customikey said:
This is the Hasbro figure. It's okay. Great sculpt, but the paint is wretched.
gammy3co.jpg

And for fun, here is my repaint with added articulation at the neck and arms.
gammy1kh2.jpg

Wow that's an amazing repaint! I have a couple of these and out of the package they look quite poor as the pictures show but if you have some painting skills they can look nice as shown above. Customikey did you also paint or change his skirt thingy around his waist?

Back