Toy Story 4 (June 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They better have a damn good script if this is really coming, because TS3 was the perfect ending to the trilogy and doesn't need to go beyond that IMO. I didn't even watch Toy Story of Terror:lol

So much for closure:

f66V4rw.jpg

3 was the perfect ending but this is Toy Story, something I've grown up with and love so it's great news. All they need is a decent script and the rest will take care of itself.

Always wondered how they would spin a return after closing the trilogy as strong as they did in 3. My son loves Toy Story so I'm on board with part 4

This one ended perfectly ...one of the greatest trilogies .. Man I hate to see it done

Surprised this hasn't been announced as the first of a new trilogy. Everything's gotta be announced as the first of a trilogy now. They should get with the times.

Isn't it obvious? By the time this movie comes out, Andy will be 24 years old. He'll look something like this, but with hipster glasses and an ironic mustache. Maybe he'll even be a member of Sideshow Freaks.

andytoystory.jpg

He'll have long ago ditched Woody and Buzz for Hot Toys Age of Ultron and Batman vs. Superman figures. And things like this.

playboy.jpg

John Lasseter had this to say about TS4

"We love these characters so much; they are like family to us,” said Lasseter. “We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before. Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself.”

Isn't it obvious? By the time this movie comes out, Andy will be 24 years old. He'll look something like this, but with hipster glasses and an ironic mustache. Maybe he'll even be a member of Sideshow Freaks.

He'll have long ago ditched Woody and Buzz for Hot Toys Age of Ultron and Batman vs. Superman figures. And things like this.

]

In all seriousness, if they are smart, they should show "collectible adult figures" in the new film. After all, the generation that was born and raised in the 80's and 90's is the one that collects and still buys figures today as adults....which is the same generation Andy is a part of.

In all seriousness, if they are smart, they should show "collectible adult figures" in the new film. After all, the generation that was born and raised in the 80's and 90's is the one that collects and still buys figures today as adults....which is the same generation Andy is a part of.

Yeah, but will the hobby be treated with respect or derision?

There's a few things to make fun of, so I don't mind if they make fun of how some collectors obsess over every small detail, but I still think it would be a bad business move to alienate part of the audience by making fun of them/us. After all, they sell Toy Story "collectible" figures too. And John Lasseter seems like a cool guy...dude has toys in his office and seems to genuinely like figures.

There's a few things to make fun of, so I don't mind if they make fun of how some collectors obsess over every small detail, but I still think it would be a bad business move to alienate part of the audience by making fun of them/us. After all, they sell Toy Story "collectible" figures too. And John Lasseter seems like a cool guy...dude has toys in his office and seems to genuinely like figures.

It's ripe for nudges and winks, but so long as it's done with love, it's all good. :lol

So has it been officially confirmed that Andy, Woody, Buzz and the gang will be in it?

I think it continues with Bonnie and the Spanish Buzz: D
And Tom Hanks should be the voice of woody do.

Last edited:

Just don't go in the theater with your dollies and nobody will know the joke is being directed at you.

I like what I like and don't care if someone jokes or teases.

Actually, I like my comedy merciless, so if he does go after collectors like us, than I hope he goes for the jugular, teeth and all. I'm an adult, I can handle it.

Too many people can be overly-sensitive nowadays.

Edit - Not saying you are overly sensitive Yankeesfanboy, just people in general.

Back