Sideshow T:800 Terminator Battle Damaged PF or Enterbay Hd Terminator 2 !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideyank14

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys need some help here. I'm a huge terminator fan and I want to buy either the Sideshow premium format terminator 2 or the Enterbay Hd Terminator figure. Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks

I assume the Enterbay one is the figure?

Personally I dislike figures, with a few exceptions (cant get them in any other format), I would go with statues, thus Sideshow's.

I have seen these both side by side. If you put aside the debate about whether statue or not and just go for which one represents the figure better and which one looks more accurate than the other, id choose enterbay.

Sideyank14,

I was in the exact same position as you being a huge Terminator fan myself. I went with the Enterbay figure because I felt it had the best likeness of Arnold. Once, I got the figure, I was really impressed with the quality...very happy with it. I hear the statue is pretty nice as well so I guess you can't go wrong with either.

Anyway...hope that helps!

It comes down to personal preference. They both are excellent. For myself, I disliked the doll because you had to prop it up with a stand and it just felt cheap, although it looked nice. I ended up not liking it at all because, IMO, it's just a big/expensive doll. I have the statue now and, IMO, it's no contest. I am 100% statues now, and I'd never go back. Statues, to me, just look and feel more like art, whereas a doll, feels like a toy.

Again, all of this is my personal opinion, as there are many who feel the opposite as I do. Those people are idiots, obviously...oh I kid :lol

Normally I'd automatically say statue.

.....but the 1/4 Enterbay BD Terminator is probably the best figure ever made.
And the leg stand blends in to his leather pants to th point where it is totally invisible.
The Sideshow statue is really a HUGE step down in quality from the Enterbay figure and its pose and sense of balance isn't anything the figure can't do just as well anyway.

Id go for the Enterbay. Forget about if its a statue of figure, your not going to touch it. Pose it , step back and admire.

For me its the best representation at 1/6 and 1/4 scale.

There is one thing that you can do with the doll that you can't do with the statue. I created the following to demonstrate what I am referring to....

T800Barbie2.jpg

I'm with Pilky on this. The Enterbay surely has better likeness but it's not like the statue doesn't represent Arnold. I would not let my choice depend on that only. There are some negatives with plastic figures imho. You need to pose them and sometimes extreme poses won't manage. The other problem is that they easily fall over. I had some figures in my past days but i almost got rid of them all. Statues all the way!

I'm with Pilky on this. The Enterbay surely has better likeness but it's not like the statue doesn't represent Arnold. I would not let my choice depend on that only. There are some negatives with plastic figures imho. You need to pose them and sometimes extreme poses won't manage. The other problem is that they easily fall over. I had some figures in my past days but i almost got rid of them all. Statues all the way!

Normally I'd 100% agree, but in this case:

1) The Sideshow BD T2 is in a stiff upright awkward pose that can easily be mirrored by the figure with no problem...and easily improved.
If we are talking about any Terminator, then yeah, the T1 Police Shootout is an awesome pose with a wide lat spread and neck turn that a figure just couldn't do ..
2) The upright pose in question means there is no chance the figure will fall down, and the Enterbay Terminators are extremely stable anyway (and the stand blends in and disappears into the leather pants)
3) The 'battle damaged' shirt of the Sideshow BD T2 statue is probably the single worst example of mixed media clothing on a Sideshow statue ever ...no seriously, ever. Its a disgrace and Sideshow should be embarrassed and offer a free exchange on an improved version to anyone that bought the statue.
4) The sculpt on the Enterbay BD T2 is possibly the best sculpt ever made.

Again, if we're talking generally ...then yup, statues !
But in this particular case, what would be the benefit of buying the Sideshow statue?

Again, if we're talking generally ...then yup, statues !
But in this particular case, what would be the benefit of buying the Sideshow statue?

Easy answer, all people don't think alike, and after having the Enterbay, I much prefer the statue. It's not even close. I haven't missed the doll for a second and I have absolutely zero regrets in buying the statue, as I really like it.

if I based my taste and decisions off of what strangers on the internet think, I'd probably need to do some serious soul searching.

Easy answer, all people don't think alike, and after having the Enterbay, I much prefer the statue. It's not even close. I haven't missed the doll for a second and I have absolutely zero regrets in buying the statue, as I really like it.

if I based my taste and decisions off of what strangers on the internet think, I'd probably need to do some serious soul searching.

All good man, that is what we are discussing.
So I'm legit curious ....why do you prefer the statue and what do you think it does better than the figure ?

I love my dolls so enterbay for me. Lol but seriously I cancelled my exclusive t2 and just stuck to my enter bay version. It truly is a piece of art for me.
Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_976 using Tapatalk

All good man, that is what we are discussing.
So I'm legit curious ....why do you prefer the statue and what do you think it does better than the figure ?

Yeah taking away the statue and "doll" aspect, how's the enterbay not even close in your opinion ?

Back