Do we need Bib?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
With Christmas fresh over and empty wallets do we really need to purchase Bib? Or should we wait and get the regular edition? My ED-209 comes this week and the Creature pack for Jabba's throne is looming. Seems like everything is coming in at once.

Re: Do wee need Bib?

I cancelled my ex. Bib thinking it was on impulse that I purchased it... Then I regretted that big time and traded someone for the regular... once I have my Bib the hunt will definately be on for the ex. Kenner Staff.

My advise to you, keep your exclusive. If your mind changes. Sell the staff to me and we'll trade boxes. :D

SINCE I WAS A KID,BIB WAS ACTUALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE SW CHARACTER..SO YES..WE NEED BIB !!!

Shai Hulud said:
SINCE I WAS A KID,BIB WAS ACTUALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE SW CHARACTER..SO YES..WE NEED BIB !!!

Man voiced my sentiments exactly. Bib is high up on my want list, with or without Jabba (I'll have with, by God).

It would be easy enough to wait to get Bib until Feb / March when Jabba ships and give everyone time to replenish the funds sicne it will be easy to get him on ebay (and probably a little cheaper) but I all ready put the funds aside for Jabba and Bib when I ordered them so I am ok on that regard.

He was one of my favorites too. The pink eyes, pointy teeth and the weird head appendages. I'm also looking forward to the first figure that has unique clothing.

Im just curious, why would Bib even be considered a favorite character? What did he do that was significant? or is it just the way the character design is that is cool?

Any character is subject to popularity without much screen pressence or action. Truly, how much did Boba Fett ever actually do on screen, and he's loved by fans, myself included. Star Wars movies are about out of this world technology and creatures, and in that world, Bib Fortuna was a unique and cool looking character, so I can imagine someone being a big fan. I was a huge Darth Maul fan after only seeing his face on Star Wars insider, I just loved the unique look he had. I look forward to the Bib Fortuna figure, I think the sculpt was done beautifully and I think it will be a very nicely executed figure.

Of all my Kenner figs, Bib was my fave. I think it was because of the character design and his goofy-speak (which was easily impersonated by 8 years olds everywhere) which appealed to me.

MaulFan said:
Any character is subject to popularity without much screen pressence or action. Truly, how much did Boba Fett ever actually do on screen, and he's loved by fans, myself included. Star Wars movies are about out of this world technology and creatures, and in that world, Bib Fortuna was a unique and cool looking character, so I can imagine someone being a big fan. I was a huge Darth Maul fan after only seeing his face on Star Wars insider, I just loved the unique look he had. I look forward to the Bib Fortuna figure, I think the sculpt was done beautifully and I think it will be a very nicely executed figure.

Thats good points. but on the same note, boba fett's character as a whole allows for more to the imagination. And Im no expert in the EU stuff but Im assuming they have spin off books or novels about his adventures as a bounty hunter etc. You cant really do a side novel about the adventures of bib fortuna though hehe.

nash said:
Im just curious, why would Bib even be considered a favorite character? What did he do that was significant? or is it just the way the character design is that is cool?

Cause people like him. That's enough really. As was said Boba really didn't do much to deserved the popularity he has and even some would say Maul fits into the same. People like him and IMO that's enough.

nash said:

[Jedi Mind Trick wave of the hand] Because he served his master well. [/Jedi Mind Trick]

I have to admit though, Bib is going to be essential for the Jabba display, but I ultimately decided that the regular would be fine. Staff didn't mean as much to me.

jlcmsu said:
Cause people like him. That's enough really. As was said Boba really didn't do much to deserved the popularity he has and even some would say Maul fits into the same. People like him and IMO that's enough.

That's great Josh, but I was hoping for a more elaborate answer to "why" you like him.

oxbeard said:
[Jedi Mind Trick wave of the hand] Because he served his master well. [/Jedi Mind Trick]

I have to admit though, Bib is going to be essential for the Jabba display, but I ultimately decided that the regular would be fine. Staff didn't mean as much to me.

What's so special about this staff anyway? I could be wrong, but I don't think we saw him in RotJ carrying a staff, did we? So, is it a nostalgia Kenner thing? Since I buy all the SW exclusives, it doesn't matter to me in the end, but some make more sense than others. The staff??

Alice Adrenochrome said:
What's so special about this staff anyway? I could be wrong, but I don't think we saw him in RotJ carrying a staff, did we? So, is it a nostalgia Kenner thing? Since I buy all the SW exclusives, it doesn't matter to me in the end, but some make more sense than others. The staff??
It's definitely the nostalgia Kenner thing. I still have my old Bib figure, but the staff is long gone.

As far as the character himself, I've just always been drawn to the aliens of SW. They were weird and cool looking. Lucas really opened a whole new universe to me as a kid. And Bib really was scum.

Back