Check out my Iron Man Mark V changed to metal! PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really like the mark V suit, so I got one from a fellow forum member, but it kinda looked dated to me after the battle damaged Mark VII and the Die Cast series. So I did another customisation job. I treated all grey areas with Bare Metal and brushed it and weathered and painted the figure. It now looks so real in real life. Here are some quick pics. Please C&C!!

Here is the before, a regular Hot Toys Mark V:
review_immkv_5.jpg

After
DSC_2545.jpg
DSC_2537.jpg

DSC_2564.jpg

Last edited:
That looks good. I just bought the mkv torso. What method did you use? Paint or replacement or foil? Or something else?

Thanks guys. I used Bare Metal Foil and a lot of time and a lot of patience. ;)
That really needed a lot of toning down, so I used steel wool, washes, powders and paint to create the final look.

Good work. I thought it might have been foil. Stuff is amazing. I use it often. My cap custom statue has a metal foil shield. I've also used it on cars and motorcycles too. Amazing stuff. If u want the gold in the armors to lol like real gold u can get real gold sheets too. And u can get silver or platinum too. Stuff is very hard to work with though. Takes a lot of practice and trail and error. Often resulting in grey hair and a complete mess . Lol

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone! I really love that faceplate as well gokey24!!!

Back