Parcel Hero - AVPR Spear Delivery :/

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue_Predator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey fellow collectors,

Thought I'd share today's experience with Parcel Hero.
A simple transaction so I thought...
To collect the spear from my friend in Florida and to simply deliver it to me in the UK...with a quoted 5 day delivery time...
But noooooooo.... Before it gets to me the box must be thrown around and played with like its a football!!! Because this is how the bloody thing arrived ....
gede6evy.jpg
ajebu6uz.jpg
e5a6y7et.jpg
ana9ydy2.jpg

So.... Yeah I'm SERIOUSLY MIFFED!!!!
Have already started the claiming process so let's see if they can pacify me?
I'll keep this updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name me a delivery company that take care with packages.
Good luck with your claim, do they cover fragile collectables? Parcel Force don't.

Nobody does any more, they all stipulate that polystone isn't covered. It sucks monkey balls. Sorry.

Early this week the idiot at my local depot started rolling my superman PF end on end toward the counter while he held the scanner in one hand, until I asked him not to. The box has a fragile logo and an upright arrow on it. I can only imagine what happens when customers aren't standing in front of them.

I was so dreading the shipping on Venom from overseas. Feel I dodged a bullet.

Shipping in general is the main reason I try to buy in hand as much as I can or buy damaged stuff in the first place.

they could care less if its fragile or not and i hate when they ask if its fragile ,its like uh stupid @$$ you should handle every thing like its fragile even if its not take care of our packages right. sorry to hear about your spear

they could care less if its fragile or not and i hate when they ask if its fragile ,its like uh stupid @$$ you should handle every thing like its fragile even if its not take care of our packages right. sorry to hear about your spear

In my experience the "fragile" marked stuff gets treated exactly the same or worse. It may be just coincidence, but I never mark anything fragile anymore and seem to have better luck.

It's a crying shame but true.
It also helps to not rely on SS packing. Once those shippers are used once or twice they do not have the same strength. I usually add at least an extra layer of cardboard if not 2. On very expensive pieces or smaller ones I will also try to box the shippers into another box. I have had the best luck with USPS, their conveyor system does not have as large a drop as UPS/FedEx and they don't handle extremely heavy pieces.

That said I have gotten a statue in the artbox ONLY and without taping the foam together and it survived USPS, so it probably just depends on the location and what else is getting sent next to your package just as much as the packing itself.

I was dreading my HCG P2 shipping across the ocean via UPS recently, it took about two weeks but I got lucky also. Cost me $120 to have it shipped to me but the guy sent it in a really thick shipping box crammed with foam pieces which probably helped. It is always a risk however and this is one of the reasons I like to order directly from SS where possible.

It also helps to not rely on SS packing. Once those shippers are used once or twice they do not have the same strength. I usually add at least an extra layer of cardboard if not 2. On very expensive pieces or smaller ones I will also try to box the shippers into another box. I have had the best luck with USPS, their conveyor system does not have as large a drop as UPS/FedEx and they don't handle extremely heavy pieces.

That said I have gotten a statue in the artbox ONLY and without taping the foam together and it survived USPS, so it probably just depends on the location and what else is getting sent next to your package just as much as the packing itself.
All of the statutes and figures I've sold have been double-boxed, with extra packing materials between. You can't trust the shippers to handle the package safely.

That sucks man. I just shipped one of those and I'm glad it only had to make a 1 day trip 1 state away.

Fragile stickers, Up Arrows, etc. The only person that even looks at those is the end recipient.
Machines just treat everything the same. I'm weary of marking things as fragile as well so it won't be a target when a human is involved.

I had something huge shipped to me and the sender put Tilt Monitors and Shock detectors and off course it was delivered with the monitors showing it was upside down and shocked/dropped. I'm not even sure why the shipper bothered to put those on.

Another time I had a box marked fragile all over that was beat so bad it looked like UPS had been stomping on it and kicking it around for hours. I had never even seen anything so bad. I couldn't believe the counter person just handed me the box and did not say anything about the condition. The insurance reps actually came to my house to look at it and they did nothing about it too.

Thanks for your comments guys... Hopefully the claim is accepted otherwise I feel some punctured tires and glue locks will be joining the company soooooooon ;) lol!

It's a heart breaker though man :/ not happy!
Will keep you peeps up to date on the claim, wish me luck pleaaaaaaase [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back