Blue tack?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Iron Koob

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey I want to use blue tack because I've heard it mentioned before as some sort of all-purpose thing. Basically, I have a hooded figure, and the hood sits up on the figure's head. I want to attach the hood to the back of the figure's head so that it will look "pulled down." Is blue tack a good idea? I don't want to glue because I want to take the jacket on and off and I don't want to compromise the headsculpt.

I've found blue tack releases an oil after a while, not on action figures but on walls etc, so potentially it could seep into the paintwork or the fabric over time, it also goes more gooey in summer and harder in winter again, I've had it rip the paint from the plaster board plus it will leave some residue in the fibres of the fabric.

I have used double sided tape to keep down hoods in the past that worked very well. I think it's basically like the toupee tape. I used some by tesa, though I'm not sure if you can get that in the US:

540888_BB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

It's also handy to keep lapels down on 1:6 jackets or coats.

A dab of hot glue might do the trick. It doesn't really seep into anything and it's easy to work with.

Back