Super sculpey on bodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShapeShifter

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing a zombie in 1/6 and adding super sculpey firm to a true type body so do I need to bake it onto the body or can you boil or any other method because my oven won't go under 170 degrees

Better bet would be to use a 2 part epoxy on a body... miliput, miliput and Aves are popular brands. Basically you sculpt onto the body and let it dry for a few hours and it's hard as a rock afterward.

Better bet would be to use a 2 part epoxy on a body... miliput, miliput and Aves are popular brands. Basically you sculpt onto the body and let it dry for a few hours and it's hard as a rock afterward.

Where do you find that? I'm in canada but we have lots of similar stores unless you have to order it online? Thanks

I've found miliput at Hobby Lobby... but you can also buy it from Amazon which is what I did the first time I used it.

I use Magic Sculp for that kind of job. About three hour working time, smoothes with a wet finger and can be added to after it's gone off, rock hard. Easy to mix, just make an equal size ball of each component. The smallest amount I ever mixed was matchhead size.

I use Magic Sculp for that kind of job. About three hour working time, smoothes with a wet finger and can be added to after it's gone off, rock hard. Easy to mix, just make an equal size ball of each component. The smallest amount I ever mixed was matchhead size.

Where do you find that? Online or in stores?

Good luck, one thing I've found with both miliput and magic sculpt is that when it's first mixed it seems a bit sticky and hard to work with, but once I get the basic shape roughed out if you brush on a bit of water it smooths everything else and then the surface is much easier to work with

super sculpey requires you to bake/steam for it to cure, i dont recommend sculpting with it on existing plastics bodies

I've had great results sculpting onto existing bodies with the various types of Sculpty and using a hair dryer to cure it. Doesn't damage the original body/sculpt at all.

Back