POLL: Which Vader Do You Want Most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Version of SSC Vader Would You Like To See First?

• ROTS Darth Vader (w/ reveal portrait of crispy Anakin)

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • ANH Darth Vader (no reveal, of course)

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • ESB Darth Vader (with partial reveal of the back of Anakins head)

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • ROTJ (w/ reveal of Sebastian Shaw portrait)

Votes: 55 44.0%

• Total voters

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We all know Sideshow is going to make a Vader in 1:6 eventually. Which would you like to see first and why?

No reveal, but I'd like an alternate releaved head. I think the helmet was made to come apart, the scale would be way too big.

A ROTJ Vader could tempt me to try the 1/6 line again but it would have to be of a much higher quality than some of the previous figures in the line to convince me to fork out the cash.

I went with Jedi to go with Luke. Besides the full reveal is cool. The costumes from the rest but ANH are so similar to me I'm not sure I could tell. All I can think of is there is blue buttons or green buttons instead. Not to fond of the ANH look. I like shiny helmets for Vader.

nash said:
No reveal, but I'd like an alternate releaved head. I think the helmet was made to come apart, the scale would be way too big.
But if the helmet didn't come apart it would put to death any thoughts of attempting to pose Luke and Vader just before he dies (Luke is holding Vader's helmet in one hand I believe).

Besides, if Medicom could do it so can Sideshow IMO. :D

I'd be curious to see this poll if none of the above Vaders had reveal helmets.

If that was the case, it looks like ANH might win. Of course, since the PF is from ANH, I'm almost positive we'll get the ESB version in 1/6th.

Wor-Gar said:
Why? ANH is ahead of ESB right now and its the only one with no bonus reveal.
I believe most who voted ROTJ would vote ESB if it came down to no reveal head (I have nothing to base this on but my own opinion, and thats what I'd do). So I would take all those who are voting for ROTJ, put them with ESB and then ESB would be the clear winner. :D

I voted ROTJ. His enterance aty the beginning has always been one of my favorite moments. I also love the reveal. I'd be fine with an alternate head instead of a take apart mask. The dome could still be a seperate piece anyway just for ease of production.

If it were non-reveal, I'd go ESB. That's a good armor, although I do like the ROTS armor. Not all that keen on the ANH. I like my Sith Lords sleek and shiny.

I think of the ANH armor as more of a mid-battle armor, like Vader's already been through a tough fight by the time we get to the film. Looks like he's been away from Curuscant for a while. The ROTJ armor looks more ceremonial to me. I always figured Vader had several armors for different occassions, or at need, or when his health needed different specifications.

I like ROTJ best, if only because of the reveal aspect--but without a reveal, I also would like TESB, but I don't really care which in that case. I don't like the shoulders from ROTS--too clunky! And much as I love ANH, it doesn't have the refined look that I would want in my display Vader--cause trust me, I can only afford one!

jlcmsu said:
I don't want a reveal at all. In the end the helm will break and that ain't cool.

I have had my Hasbro helm for nigh 10 years and it is nowhere near breaking... C'mon Josh, this is Sideshow we are talking about. :nono

pixletwin said:
I have had my Hasbro helm for nigh 10 years and it is nowhere near breaking... C'mon Josh, this is Sideshow we are talking about. :nono

SS can pull it off but only if it's a second head. I've already got one Vader with the removable helm.

ROTJ Vader to go with our SS ROTJ Luke of course:D !!!!!

I'm really fine with any Vader, but the ROTS version. I went with ROTJ just with the hope for the full reveal. Not sure how his costume stacked-up compared to the other version, but if anything I want the version of Vader with the most options for displayability and he would be the one.

galactiboy said:
I'm really fine with any Vader, but the ROTS version. I went with ROTJ just with the hope for the full reveal. Not sure how his costume stacked-up compared to the other version, but if anything I want the version of Vader with the most options for displayability and he would be the one.

Agreed.
Alternate Shaw headsculpt
Stump
Lukes hilt and maybe some binders
Vader's hilt and ignited blade
And an inclusive "enveloped by ligthening" accessory.:D

ROTJ with Shaw head, no contest. Thing is SSC won't make it first because everybody wants it and it goes with Jedi Luke, so they'll do an ESB Vader so they can sell more ROTJ Vaders down the line... just watch.

If you were SSC what would you do, if you already did a PF ANH that doesn't leave much choice...

Back