Help with Spoonflower fabric choice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm in the process of having some custom shirts made and wanted to know what the appropriate fabric choice would be. I'm using spoonflower.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the shirt being made.

d2d657013c34feb1149701e6d2fdd11e_zpsad3575c3.jpg

Thanks!

Not much help from me but I did a bit of research and here is a site that explains fabrics. https://www.american-doll-outfitters.com/fabric.html

You might be able to contact Natchan here on the boards. Not sure how much info you'll get, but the flannel shirts he makes look fantastic.
I'd ask him about fabric choices, thread counts, and weights.

Not a great example but here is a close up of ACI's flannel fabric.
$%28KGrHqN,!qEFHgStYf0pBR6K7PF9h!~~60_3.JPG

Roddy Piper? good movie. If you check out Spoonflower, they do a swatch for a dollar (IIRC--cheap anyway), with all their fabrics in it. I got some material for a striped tie from there, the stripes weren't as crisp as I hoped but did the job. Be better with the broader pattern on Roddy's shirt there.

EDIt just fished out my swatch...if I was doing that shirt I'd probably use Kona Cotton. Far better to choose yourself though, fabric in hand.

Last edited:
Back