James Gandolfini: Tribute to a Friend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Limk9-51qMA[/ame]

The passing of actor James Gandolfini earlier this year was an enormous loss for us all, and now HBO has set a tribute special to honor the man and his work. The network will air James Gandolfini: A Tribute this coming Sunday, December 22nd at 8:30pm ET. Though Gandolfini is best known for excellently portraying mob boss Tony Soprano on HBO’s The Sopranos, this trailer more closely focuses on Gandolfini the man. We see friends and castmates ranging from Edie Falco to Diane Lane to Sopranos creator David Chase remembering the late actor, and the special is sure to be an emotional half hour.

Great man! I really wish a company would make a statue or figure of Tony Soprano now. It would sell like crazy!

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even know about this until now. I have HBO...I haven't seen them show any promos for this.

Great man! I really wish a company would make a statue or figure of Tony Soprano now. It would sell like crazy!

:wave

Tony Soprano by Rainman/Iminime​

6742_497538260306424_1211634862_n_zps45f1e786.jpg

544032_497435876983329_258748659_n_zps2a11dbe0.jpg

46980_497435423650041_462492828_n_zps6815b049.jpg

150727_497435390316711_753949765_n_zps07e2fe19.jpg

58867_497435943649989_973916675_n_zps6dbb8cf6.jpg

58887_497435640316686_17851536_n_zpsf8d3ea0c.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even know about this until now. I have HBO...I haven't seen them show any promos for this.

Your welcome :duff

I don't have HBO as I am in the UK so not sure how I am going to catch this :monkey2

They named a street after him in Jersey recently. Funny his tribute airs on my birthday. Probably the only celebrity death that I ever felt sad over.

They named a street after him in Jersey recently. Funny his tribute airs on my birthday. Probably the only celebrity death that I ever felt sad over.

That's good to know. Next time I visit NY I will drop by that street for a picture :)

Wish I had HBO...show airs tonight.
I'm hoping someone uploads it somewhere.

Well this was heartbreaking, but definitely worth watching. It was a reminder that his death was a huge loss not only as an actor, but as a human being. My only complaint is that it was too short.

Well this was heartbreaking, but definitely worth watching. It was a reminder that his death was a huge loss not only as an actor, but as a human being. My only complaint is that it was too short.

Glad you enjoyed it if that's the right word. I need to see this :(

Truly sad to see. My girlfriend was tearing up most of time. We recently finished up watching the show yesterday too since she's never seen it. It's so weird hearing James speak normal and not putting on the Tony voice with the lisp and nasily sounding voice :lol

I remember he was a big part of the Wounded Warrior project and he was a big advocate for animals. It's so depressing he's gone, definitely in my opinion played the greatest performance that has ever been on television.

My only complaint is that it was too short.

Exactly. I was so engrossed in this that the 35 minutes flew by. What an amazing man. My coworker was on his security detail in Afghanistan. He had some great stories. Gandolfini was extremely thankful to the soldiers there and never acted like he was better than them. He knew he was only an actor and the soldiers were the real heroes.

Plus, he was not a fan of Ben Affleck. My friend has a great story about Jim and Affleck from some christmas movie they did together.

I will miss seeing him on screen.

Exactly. I was so engrossed in this that the 35 minutes flew by. What an amazing man. My coworker was on his security detail in Afghanistan. He had some great stories. Gandolfini was extremely thankful to the soldiers there and never acted like he was better than them. He knew he was only an actor and the soldiers were the real heroes.

Plus, he was not a fan of Ben Affleck. My friend has a great story about Jim and Affleck from some christmas movie they did together.

I will miss seeing him on screen.

He had a problem with Affleck? :lol

Yeah. My friend said Jim did not get along with Ben because Ben was a **** on the set. Did stuff because he thought he was better than everyone, etc. I had to look up the movie and there is a scene where Jim hits Ben with a shovel. I wonder how many takes Jim took to "get it right." :lol

My friend said Jim was just an amazing person and felt just like a normal person that never took anything for granted.

I've never liked Affleck, ever. Gandolfini was always good to people and fans, and paparazzi gave him a bad name because they would torture his family and he would react to it of course.

Back