Gentle Giant Leia ANH Mini Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Waller

Are you on the square?
Reaction score
Saw this at Rebelscum.

LeiaANHMBx.jpg

Not bad at all. I don't think the sculpt is as great as the SS PF but this is a pretty nice looking piece.

This can't be a scan, has to be an original sculpt. Doesn't look much like Leia, except for the hair and clothes. If it's a scan, the paintjob ruins it :|

I would much rather go for the PF Leia than this...

I don't see the point of getting this. It's not GG's fault though. Better to put that money towards another PF. :cool:

I find the more 12" figures and PFs Sideshow puts out, the less likely I'll be to pick up a GG bust of the same character. So far I've passed on Grievous, Plo Koon, Jedi Luke, Obi-Wan and now Leia.

I like the pose, but the likeness is poor, I think. :monkey2 Something about her expression is missing the "toughness" that is evident in the Sideshow PF. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing how GG would handle Leia.

You think they could have came up with a better pose for this one. I may get her, Obi-Wan, Han Chewie, C-3PO, Vader, and Yoda eventually to go along with my Mara and Luke that I have preordered.

It's hard to tell with just one angle, but I think the PF is a much better likeness.

Donut Leia! and a bust! Certainly not as good a likeness as Sideshow's but this will bring me ever closer to finishing the bust line from GG. I'll take it.

Boba Fett said:
Pass on this.

SS did a lot better job. How did GG drop the ball on this one? >.<

They weren't able to get a scan and actually had to do a sculpt from scratch :rotfl .

I'm obviously joking, they did a great job with the ANH Obi. There are two major things wrong with this bust, paint apps and pose. She looks like she took a moment while running from Stormies to pose for a picture.

Darth Loki said:
They weren't able to get a scan and actually had to do a sculpt from scratch :rotfl .

I'm obviously joking, they did a great job with the ANH Obi. There are two major things wrong with this bust, paint apps and pose. She looks like she took a moment while running from Stormies to pose for a picture.
That is exactly what I thought. She looks like she is posing for a picture and posing badly.

The SS PF is a much better likeness. That said, I'll still get it.

I see a fair facial likeness despite the bland expression. GG obviously missed out on Leia's defiant attitude given the astounding prototype for Slave Leia. However, I think GG gave a better facial structure. When I saw the SSG PF in a store display, the face, or rather the head seemed somewhat long.
My two cents.

Back