How to approach painting small areas?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petes2177

Super Freak
Reaction score
I want to paint the eyelids on my DX12 head and was just wondering how I should approach it. Should I go out and buy a really thin paint brush?
Or could something like a toothpick work?

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!

Last edited:
Go and get a size 1, 000 and 5/0 from an art store. Real hair or synthetic. Don't get them from K-Mart or a newsagency.

Go and get a size 1, 000 and 5/0 from an art store. Real hair or synthetic. Don't get them from K-Mart or a newsagency.

:goodpost: go to an art shop and buy good quality I use a 00000 for eyes
Never use a tooth pick as it can just scratch the paint off.

I could be wrong, but in relation to paint brushes, doesn't more expensive brushes equal a better paint job?

I could be wrong, but in relation to paint brushes, doesn't more expensive brushes equal a better paint job?

Well not really but sort off :rotfl

The better the brush the longer it will last and keep the t on it.
As long as you look after them , so NEVER leave them in a jar of water resting on the bristles also if your painting for a long time with the same brush keep washing it to prevent paint build up at the base of the brush.
Also use the right brush for the job.
So Bo not buy a no5 round brush and use it for everything.
Buy a flat brush for large areas like painting the whole head and some small brushes , 0, 000 , 00000. , and a few larger brushes.
Art shops will generally have a set of brushes with all you need and you can save a good amount of money.
Never do what I do and lick the brush to get a sharp tip as the tip will take the shape of your mouth and curve the tip.
Also buy acrylic brushes for acrylic paint and so on.
Brushes I really like are citadel games workshop brushes , I have had these for over a year and they have been abused and are still good.

And make sure your paint is of the right consistency.

Back