EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gino

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry for the slight delay in getting some official info out into the forums.
We've been so super busy getting settled into the show that we haven't had a chance to get the good word out.

We have a lot of cool stuff to premiere so I hope you're ready for it.

Also if you are at the show, be sure to stop by the EFX booth and say hi!

EFX BOBA FETT ESB HELMET LEGEND EDITION

As…….you……WISH!

EFX is proud to announce our Boba Fett ESB Helmet Legend Edition!
The Lucasfilm Archives very graciously granted EFX direct access to the original one and only screen-used Boba Fett helmet from The Empire Strikes Back to mold in silicone for the production of our awesome new addition to the Legend Line of helmets.
Only one singular helmet was used for all the Boba Fett scenes in ESB.
What that means is that every time you watch ESB, you can point at the screen and shout out loud "My helmet comes directly from THAT helmet!"
Ok maybe that's just what I do, but I highly recommend it. :panic:
What it also means is that EFX can confidently say this replica will be the most accurate Boba Fett ESB helmet replica ever offered.

Here are a couple pics of our first prototype as well as one of the original screen-used helmet being carefully prepped for molding.

me_workingonfett.jpg

efx_fett_1.jpg

efx_fett_2.jpg

FETT LIVES!!!!!

EFX STORMTROOPER ANH HERO HELMET LEGEND EDITION

Before you ask if we announced this already, the answer is yes… well sort of.
Except now, EFX has decided on a new course of action for this replica.
Fiberglass!
The base helmet will be made in fiberglass with the ears being made separately to create the illusion of vac formed parts as per the original screen-used helmets.
Of course, this helmet will come with all the detailing and trims accurate to the original including custom extruded brow and neck trims, green bubble lenses, and mic tips.

Not only will this helmet be practically indistinguishable from a vac-form helmet when viewed from the exterior, but it will also be a more substantial collectible in terms of heft and durability. This helmet possesses all of the visual accuracy you would find in a vac form original, but now also created in idealized materials.
Many have asked for a helmet with this combo of accuracy and durability, and EFX has heard you loud and clear!

Here are a few shots of the fiberglass paint master.
Even upon close inspection, it is incredibly difficult to determine whether it is a vac-form or fiberglass helmet without picking it up and looking at it's inside.

efx_legend_trooper_1.jpg

efx_legend_trooper_2.jpg

efx_legend_trooper_3.jpg

EFX STORMTROOPER ANH HERO ARMOR LEGEND EDITION

Yes, you read that correctly. No it's not a typo.

For the first time in history, EFX is doing what no officially licensed company has ever been able to do - produce Stormtrooper helmets and armor made in ABS just like the screen-used originals.
Take a quick breath….

And what was the basis for this armor? Where did it come from?
It just so happens that the original screen-used helmet we used to create the Legend Edition Stormtrooper Hero helmet also came with FULL AND COMPLETE ARMOR AND ACCESSORIES!
To the best of my knowledge, this is the ONLY fully complete Stormtrooper from Star Wars: A New Hope in existence.
While some do exist in private hands as well as the Lucasfilm Archives, none of them are fully complete with all the accessories.

original_trooper.jpg

Every armor component was carefully molded to capture detail from the inside of the vac formed parts.
Every…component. Every one.
All the fabric based components were accurately patterned and recreated as well.
For most people, the very first time they have every laid eyes on an original body suit and neck seal. Just utterly incredible that these are still in existence and available to EFX.

Many including myself never thought that a day would come where we would be able to own a Stormtrooper suit as perfect and accurate as this.
It is as close as you can possibly come to owning an original.
It really is a dream come true.

Behold the STORMTROOPER in all it's beautiful glory as originally intended!
Coming soon from EFX.

efx_legend_armor_1.jpg

efx_legend_armor_2.jpg

efx_legend_armor_3.jpg

efx_legend_armor_4.jpg

efx_legend_armor_5.jpg

efx_legend_armor_6.jpg

Over the course of the next week or so, we'll be adding some exclusive content highlighting the development of the Boba Fett ESB Legend Edition Helmet with the help of The RPF and myself via https://www.facebook.com/starwarslifesized

I hope you are all as equally as excited for these awesome new products as I am.
Let us know what you think and if you have any specific questions about them ask here and I'll try to pop in every now and then to answer them the best I can.

Damn you, Gino. Just last year I thought I had the "definitive three(maybe two:lol) 1:1 props, as far as officially licensed SW helmets go, and here I am now with three "obsolete" helmets:lol
IMG_5711.jpg

Was the original fett bucket made of fibreglass?

If not, it is disappointing news from my perspective. At least they got the visor right this time.

Was the original fett bucket made of fibreglass?

If not, it is disappointing news from my perspective. At least they got the visor right this time.

Yes, it was fiberglass and the original prototype was also shaped correct.
mr_fett_02.jpg

(from starwarshelmets.com)

So it'll just boil down to how well the factory slaves err, employee's handle their part as far as mass producing something so intricate.

Cool that it was fibreglass.

The middle part of the MR helmet wasn't accurate. Glad this won't have the same issue.

In the production run, no. But in the original protype I posted, it was correct, so I'm just gonna stay skeptical until I see actual production results since its in the factories where inaccuracies happen.

Someone getting paid pennies in a factory is just not going to put in anywhere near the effort in being 100% accurate. And then there's something as simple as avoiding packaging issues which didnt seem to be a focus of efX with their Vader's at first.

So like I said, I'm probably as excited as anybody for this, but lets not sugarcoat efX's track record and just base everything on their history for now.

Don't get me started on the Cap shield either:lol

In the production run, no. But in the original protype I posted, it was correct, so I'm just gonna stay skeptical until I see actual production results since its in the factories where inaccuracies happen.

Someone getting paid pennies in a factory is just not going to put in anywhere near the effort in being 100% accurate. And then there's something as simple as avoiding packaging issues which didnt seem to be a focus of efX with their Vader's at first.

So like I said, I'm probably as excited as anybody for this, but lets not sugarcoat efX's track record and just base everything on their history for now.

Don't get me started on the Cap shield either:lol

It might be pennies to us but to them over there it might be much more than you or i make so i dont think that is the problem.

It might be pennies to us but to them over there it might be much more than you or i make so i dont think that is the problem.

Yeah it's a little annoying when it's made out like these Chinese workers are the oppressed slaves of eFX and SS making whiteys trinkets!

There is no denying the skill some of these builders and painters have but it's the same as your job and mine when your doing hundreds or thousands of the same thing monotony sets in and mistakes happen.

A few questions that might help us understand better the eFX offerings:

- Will the TK armor come assembled on mannequin when shipped, or do you need it to put it yourself?
- Will this be available without the mannequin? Just armor, helmet and accessories?
- What kind of mannequin is used here: fiberglass or foam, flexible or fixed, can it be disassembled to fit better when shipped?
- Will this Stormtrooper come with a blaster too? If yes, then what kind: DLT-19 as seen in the pics, or E-11 - also will it be made of plastic/resin or metal, will it be cast from screen used/Sterling?

Thanks

Yeah it's a little annoying when it's made out like these Chinese workers are the oppressed slaves of eFX and SS making whiteys trinkets!

There is no denying the skill some of these builders and painters have but it's the same as your job and mine when your doing hundreds or thousands of the same thing monotony sets in and mistakes happen.

These aren't small Hasbro figures though and for. And when you're aging almost hundreds of dollars for something, there's no justifying monotony or understanding that mistakes happen.

I didn't have issues with my Vader but there were more than a few who had and there's really just no excuse. There's many inner workings to how a business works but when you're dealing with authentic 1:1 props, you have your work cut out for you and you better deliver.

If the armors will be made, cast and even cut in China without direct supervision from a trained eye, not sure if they will be as well done as the ones made by RS Prop Masters or even other pro makers. We'll see.

Back