PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

CollectorGuy
11-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Robocop is one of the finest movies ever made and to say it was only a cool fun 80s movie is really an insult but your opinion no less.

Nearly 30 years on and it would not look out of place in todays environment in fact it has an almost 100% reference to todays world as it did to the world back in the eighties.

A timeless classic from top to bottom, start to finish. I'm sorry but the remake will not even grace the original on any level.

:goodpost: Well put nuff said.

CollectorGuy
11-06-2013, 04:33 PM
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :lecture

People that understand the history of the original film properly - & it's legacy, get why this remake is utterly useless.

There's simply no substantial point to it's existence - other than being a vehicle for revenue. :lol

:exactly: Right again, i mean the crappy sequels and tv show already proved that the original cannot be outdone.

I mean so much was achieved with the original despite a foreign director and low budget, they didnt have million dollar cgi effects back then.

dw316
11-06-2013, 05:07 PM
I was younger back then but I actually liked the short-lived TV series w/ Richard Eden and Yvette Nipar (Madigan was so hot!). I remember Pudface Morgan being the first baddie and then there was an episode I think with Commander Cash or some "superhero" that I really liked. The opening theme song was catchy too! :yess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00p0LNZOpw

DiFabio
11-06-2013, 05:16 PM
I remember Pudface pegwarming every Kay Bee toy store in the tri-state area.

CollectorGuy
11-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Oh cmon the tv show was cheesey bad, the guy the got for robo was really short and the villians were so bad.
I think one of them was called bonecrusher :lol

CollectorGuy
11-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Well back to HT which do you guys think will come out 1st, robo or Ed209?

DiFabio
11-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Neither one.

ocielz
11-06-2013, 05:38 PM
i hope Robo comes out first :D

dw316
11-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Oh cmon the tv show was cheesey bad, the guy the got for robo was really short and the villians were so bad.
I think one of them was called bonecrusher :lol

Never said it wasn't bad or cheesy, just said it was something I watched in my earlier years that I enjoyed. Nothing wrong with that I don't think since everyone has their favorites and dislikes. I know people who thought Power Rangers or Lois and Clark was crappy and childish but I enjoyed those and I was in my early 20s then. :yess: To each their own I guess.

dw316
11-06-2013, 05:46 PM
I have Robo pre-ordered with a coupon, and I'm hoping ED-209 doesn't sell out yet so I can accumulate a few more reward points to get him ~$400 cheaper.

CollectorGuy
11-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Never said it wasn't bad or cheesy, just said it was something I watched in my earlier years that I enjoyed. Nothing wrong with that I don't think since everyone has their favorites and dislikes. I know people who thought Power Rangers or Lois and Clark was crappy and childish but I enjoyed those and I was in my early 20s then. :yess: To each their own I guess.

Its cool if u like it, it had a few decent parts like the black unit 2 that had 2 guns.
Also the hot chicks with cloaking.

Double J
11-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Have a feeling they will be delayed until august probably.

dw316
11-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Its cool if u like it, it had a few decent parts like the black unit 2 that had 2 guns.
Also the hot chicks with cloaking.

Bloody hell, I don't even remember any of that... it really must've been that bad... LOL

I seem to only remember the 1st episode and the Commander Cash one. I guess I enjoyed the series due to the nostalgia of the movie, but the show was clearly aimed at a PG audience of kids.

CollectorGuy
11-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Bloody hell, I don't even remember any of that... it really must've been that bad... LOL

I seem to only remember the 1st episode and the Commander Cash one. I guess I enjoyed the series due to the nostalgia of the movie, but the show was clearly aimed at a PG audience of kids.

Yeah near the middle one of murphy's old cop pals from his past gets murdered and made into unit 2 against his will.
They give him a dual targeting system so he can use 2 guns, he also sports a cooler black suit.

Near the end him and robo team up and have awesome shoot-out against the bad guys.
Yes unfortunately the show doesn't get good till the end but the 1st half of PD is so bad it's hard to sit through. :slap

dw316
11-06-2013, 09:24 PM
^^^ Oh, I think I remember seeing parts of Prime Directive once on TV because I remember an "evil" Robocop, but never saw the whole thing. The show I was thinking about was the 94-95 series which was separate from Prime Directive, which came years after I think. Nevertheless, the former only got 1 season and I only heard poor reviews of Prime Directive so I guess they failed in expanding the Robocop franchise beyond the films. I liked the concept and idea for Robocop 3 but I didn't enjoy it much, also probably because they went the PG-13 route, plus Robert Burke couldn't fill Peter Weller's shoes, I mean who could?

VintijDroidGutzz
11-06-2013, 11:06 PM
I mean so much was achieved with the original despite a foreign director and low budget, they didnt have million dollar cgi effects back then.
That was the BEAUTY of the project - not a hindrance. I think you've missed my earlier points entirely.. :lol

Oh - & I established the debate for the positive - S66 was the support. :duff

CollectorGuy
11-07-2013, 12:13 AM
That was the BEAUTY of the project - not a hindrance. I think you've missed my earlier points entirely.. :lol

Oh - & I established the debate for the positive - S66 was the support. :duff

:slap What the **** are you talking about? I was praising the original for not relying on big budget/big CGI effects and how Verhoeven
despite being foreign is a great visionary director. I think you're the one who missed the point :cuckoo:

CollectorGuy
11-07-2013, 12:19 AM
^^^ Oh, I think I remember seeing parts of Prime Directive once on TV because I remember an "evil" Robocop, but never saw the whole thing. The show I was thinking about was the 94-95 series which was separate from Prime Directive, which came years after I think. Nevertheless, the former only got 1 season and I only heard poor reviews of Prime Directive so I guess they failed in expanding the Robocop franchise beyond the films. I liked the concept and idea for Robocop 3 but I didn't enjoy it much, also probably because they went the PG-13 route, plus Robert Burke couldn't fill Peter Weller's shoes, I mean who could?

Yeah you and i were thinking about 2 different tv shows, i guess i never saw the 94' version.
That opening was actually pretty good why couldn't i have seen that one! Stupid PD :gah:

VintijDroidGutzz
11-07-2013, 01:53 AM
:slap What the **** are you talking about? I was praising the original for not relying on big budget/big CGI effects and how Verhoeven
despite being foreign is a great visionary director. I think you're the one who missed the point :cuckoo:
Me? :lol Hardly. Let's not go down the tit for tat road.. I actually wasn't trying to have a go at you. :wink1:

What you've reiterated unnecessarily, implies these things were hindrances, or stumbling blocks - hence me calling you out on using the word -> 'despite'. There's no despite.

Having a foreign director for example, was an absolute advantage to the film's success. Tastefully used practical effects etc, shored up the foundations further.

That was the gist of my post. :)

RIDDICK
11-07-2013, 02:47 AM
I hope they make figures from the new RoboCop too.
It will be good guys, dont worry ... I hope they come up with the new robo figures...
Too many people judge things too soon. Just because it's a reboot.
It doesn't need to be better then the first one to still be a good movie.
don't judge so fast, and that goes for anything in life. :lecture:yess:

Ignore list material right there :wave

P.
11-07-2013, 04:21 AM
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :lecture

People that understand the history of the original film properly - & it's legacy, get why this remake is utterly useless.

There's simply no substantial point to it's existence - other than being a vehicle for revenue. :lolas for me, i talk only about the design. it's ****ty as hell.
i don't have to judge an idea of remaking popular movies for one summer money because that idea is stupid and proved stupid many times already.
i would also like to ask what the hell stupid remake fans do flooding the robocop thread with their crap, but the answer is totally understandable - they just fit the level of their fanbase.

CollectorGuy
11-07-2013, 04:26 AM
Ignore list material right there :wave

I dont about that but 1 of those comments kinda bugs me, the one about a reboot not needing to be better.
Isn't that the point of re-doing something to try and do it better? If you're not trying to improve anything by re-doing it then why bother.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-07-2013, 05:40 AM
..i would also like to ask what the hell stupid remake fans do flooding the robocop thread with their crap..
One of those things I guess, like a teenager getting zits.

It can't be prevented entirely. :lol

stshammgod
11-07-2013, 06:43 AM

Me? :lol Hardly. Let's not go down the tit for tat road.. I actually wasn't trying to have a go at you. :wink1:

What you've reiterated unnecessarily, implies these things were hindrances, or stumbling blocks - hence me calling you out on using the word -> 'despite'. There's no despite.

Having a foreign director for example, was an absolute advantage to the film's success. Tastefully used practical effects etc, shored up the foundations further.

That was the gist of my post. :)

as for me, i talk only about the design. it's ****ty as hell.
i don't have to judge an idea of remaking popular movies for one summer money because that idea is stupid and proved stupid many times already.
i would also like to ask what the hell stupid remake fans do flooding the robocop thread with their crap, but the answer is totally understandable - they just fit the level of their fanbase.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ItB9LrIq8dA/TVUOKiKbh5I/AAAAAAAABUQ/V49k_u2t7Pk/s1600/robocop.gif

Leon 911
11-07-2013, 12:44 PM
anything.
alright.
if you see a dog crap on a road, don't judge dog's master for leaving crap where people walk, taste it first. that dog could have eaten a nice big stake right before, you might like the remake.

Hmm... It could be a service dog accompanying a person who is not blessed with sight!.... Again, dont judge too fast. Life will teach you a lot of things. I would say "kiddo" but like i said wont judge ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Konn
11-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Id like to see the jetpack from Robocop 3.

Meter Man
11-07-2013, 06:45 PM
http://m.ca.ign.com/videos/2013/11/07/robocop-trailer-2

It can't replace classic robo, but it still looks like a fun movie.

a-dev
11-07-2013, 06:56 PM
RIDDICK and P. will be delighted you posted that.

DiFabio
11-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Sideshow's own Russian hipsters.

a-dev
11-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Sideshow's own Russian hipsters.

Wait...are they hipsters for rejecting this new film utterly and completely sight unseen? Or are you and I hipsters for being willing to give it a chance?

DiFabio
11-07-2013, 07:14 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llttiuNx591qzlfumo1_500.jpg

Meter Man
11-07-2013, 07:15 PM
LOL !! How fitting.

a-dev
11-07-2013, 07:16 PM
You know how much I hate this 'bro' crap!

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/zfist-shake1.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/zfist-shake1.gif.html)

a-dev
11-07-2013, 07:17 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llttiuNx591qzlfumo1_500.jpg

LOL !! How fitting.

The red shirt? Yes it is.

Double J
11-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Being put on an ignore list for talking about the reboot.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8858/4l4.gif (http://img194.imageshack.us/i/4l4.gif/)

5x10
11-07-2013, 08:55 PM
http://m.ca.ign.com/videos/2013/11/07/robocop-trailer-2

It can't replace classic robo, but it still looks like a fun movie.that looks pretty good

CAIN MKII
11-07-2013, 10:46 PM
At best a decent popcorn movie I might watch eventually.
I'm more excited by the release of HT Robocop figure.
Not sure about ED-209. I have it on PO but may be I will cancel it if Neca's is really as awesome an screen accurate than the prototype.

Leon 911
11-08-2013, 12:14 AM
At best a decent popcorn movie I might watch eventually.
I'm more excited by the release of HT Robocop figure.
Not sure about ED-209. I have it on PO but may be I will cancel it if Neca's is really as awesome an screen accurate than the prototype.

I cancelled ed the other day. 400 bucks plus is way tooo much for it... Added some extra and jumped on the custom figure band wagon, while the figure is from a different movie i felt the money was better spent there. Plus will be my first custom order!!! .... Keeping robo though, obvioulsy!

P.
11-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Being put on an ignore list for spamming and flooding about my interests in the thread where those interests are ignored.:lecture:hi5::exactly:

Double J
11-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Thing is . My comments weren't being ignored. Dudes were jumping back at me with a vengeance.:pfft:

Gakken85
11-14-2013, 03:30 PM
getting bumped for this release as time goes by.
he new Robocop is gonna blow so much ****.

CollectorGuy
11-14-2013, 07:36 PM
getting bumped for this release as time goes by.
he new Robocop is gonna blow so much ****.

And all the fanboys will cheer and say that its way better than the original and bla bla bla

ocielz
11-14-2013, 08:24 PM
I have no need to watch the new one but I will. Nothing can come close to the original and not many remakes ever live to expectations. If this was called Cyber Cop or Cop of Steel, I wouldn't be soo pissed for a remake. Plus I have a guilty pleasure for Part 2 :D

Gakken85
11-14-2013, 09:53 PM
And all the fanboys will cheer and say that its way better than the original and bla bla bla

Only if you have zero brain cells haha. Looks terrible.:nana:

Mike86
11-14-2013, 10:03 PM
I sort of want this figure but not sure if I'm sold on the idea of diecast figures yet.

CollectorGuy
11-15-2013, 12:26 AM
I sort of want this figure but not sure if I'm sold on the idea of diecast figures yet.

This is worth it and could see this as hard to get in the future. If i were you i would try to secure
one of these at a good price while you still can.

Frank
11-15-2013, 02:15 AM

Bronies will like this. They're up for anything. :lecture

Peloquin77
11-15-2013, 05:25 AM
First flex for Robocop today :) woot! The wheels are in motion, bring it on.

CollectorGuy
11-15-2013, 05:41 AM
First flex for Robocop today :) woot! The wheels are in motion, bring it on.

How many payments you got?

CollectorGuy
11-15-2013, 05:43 AM
Do you guys think since robo is diecast that ED will come out first?

CollectorGuy
11-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Bronies will like this. They're up for anything. :lecture

I honestly am not hip to the whole bronie thing, are you agreeing with me?

Frank
11-15-2013, 06:03 AM
I honestly am not hip to the whole bronie thing, are you agreeing with me?

Nu-Robocop is basically MLP combined with RoboCop. He might even wear the hair extensions I'm not sure...

Peloquin77
11-15-2013, 07:08 AM
How many payments you got?

Four :) last one mid February.

Gakken85
11-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Wow. Only 3 more months.

BuGz
11-15-2013, 11:30 AM
My first flexi pay came off today. Not long now.

Bri

toyrewind
11-25-2013, 02:22 AM
When Enterbay cancelled their 1/4 Endosekeleton, does it mean EB can't do a 1/4 because HT already beat them to the release date?

If so, does it mean we won't see a HT 1/4 Robocop?

DeadLeaves
11-25-2013, 04:38 AM
I think it all depends on the details of the license, and the market for said products.

If it's viable (profitable) and they have a license to produce, either company could double up... But, most of the time a license holder will sell it to the highest bidder, they (the winning company) get exclusive rights.

All these negotiations are "commercial in confidence" so the public will never know the details.

So, in short - :dunno

Leon 911
11-25-2013, 06:55 AM
To me what it looks like is hot toys wont do a 1/4 and enterbay wont do a 1/6 on this one. At least not at the same time or in quick succession. Hot toys snatches the 1/6 license pretty quick and enterbay is usually cornered into the 1/4. They can always still do but may not make business since. Not many people buy 1/6 and 1/4 both.

mr flibble
11-25-2013, 07:07 AM
To me what it looks like is hot toys wont do a 1/4 and enterbay wont do a 1/6 on this one. At least not at the same time or in quick succession. Hot toys snatches the 1/6 license pretty quick and enterbay is usually cornered into the 1/4. They can always still do but may not make business since. Not many people buy 1/6 and 1/4 both.

Unless it's the EB battle damaged terminator and the dx13 :hi5:

Gakken85
11-25-2013, 08:31 AM
I have no idea why anybody would want a figure that big anyway. 1/6 is big enough. haha.

Leon 911
11-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Unless it's the EB battle damaged terminator and the dx13 :hi5:

Exactly. But you still wont see many buy both 1/6 and 1/4 from ht and 1/6 and 1/4 from enterbay.

HeubertMichael
11-25-2013, 09:01 AM
I have no idea why anybody would want a figure that big anyway. 1/6 is big enough. haha.

Not for everyone, buddy :)

Eamon
11-25-2013, 09:07 AM

Have you ever had a 1/4 in front of you?

toyrewind
11-25-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm tempted to get the EB Robo if the price is right. The frequent QC issues EB's known for is making me think twice though. Was hoping HT would be releasing their own 1/4 Robo to compare the two before deciding which one to pick.

Too bad we didn't get to see the 1/4 Endo EB's working on. Having more than one to choose from would be a win/win for collectors.

Gakken85
11-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Have you ever had a 1/4 in front of you?

Yup. It was too big. haha.

I'm not sure why it is... but people sometimes equate bigger with better, especially in toy collecting. You see it in Transformers, and Super Robots all the time. "ZOMG it's so biggg!" Like that crappy Metroplex that people kept saying, "Oh it's a largest transformer ever! It's 2 foot!" Great.. it's 2 feet of cheap plastic.

Meh.
Bigger means it just takes up more space and costs more to ship, plus it's out of scale with everything else I collect. Then you gotta think about storing this massive box, and keeping dust off the thing as it probably won't fit in your display case.

I understand if it's that one character that you love, and you want a center piece or something, but smaller is always better in my mind.

Anyway, I'm excited for the 1/6th scale Robocop. I bet EB cancelled their because it wasn't financially doable. Just too many Robocop products for a small market.

HeubertMichael
11-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Yup. It was too big. haha.

I'm not sure why it is... but people sometimes equate bigger with better, especially in toy collecting. You see it in Transformers, and Super Robots all the time. "ZOMG it's so biggg!" Like that crappy Metroplex that people kept saying, "Oh it's a largest transformer ever! It's 2 foot!" Great.. it's 2 feet of cheap plastic.

Meh.
Bigger means it just takes up more space and costs more to ship, plus it's out of scale with everything else I collect. Then you gotta think about storing this massive box, and keeping dust off the thing as it probably won't fit in your display case.

I understand if it's that one character that you love, and you want a center piece or something, but smaller is always better in my mind.

Anyway, I'm excited for the 1/6th scale Robocop. I bet EB cancelled their because it wasn't financially doable. Just too many Robocop products for a small market.

Basically your words I put on bold is the same with most people I know who don't dig Quarter Scale figures, and it all sums up to EACH HIS OWN. Yes, bigger doesn't mean better because "better" is subjective. Objectively speaking, there are undeniable proofs that SOMETIMES 1/4 is better compared to its 1/6 counterpart -- case in point EB's Batman Begins compared to all 3 attempts of HT on the Begins suit, and HT's QS001 compared to their own DX12.

I am mainly a 1/6th collector, but I love my 1/4s as they add variety. I would have had a problem if I display my figures on a diorama, but since they're all displayed museum-style, 1/4 T800 became the centerpiece of my Terminator collection as is my EB Bats to my Batman collection.

I got this HT Robo on PO, and I'm waiting for EB to announce the cost of their 1/4. Surely would be great to have both.

dw316
11-25-2013, 09:12 PM
1/4 are much more detailed, but space is definitely a factor for me. My 1/4 collection stands at 1.

Gakken85
11-25-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm just saying why I don't want one, doesn't mean I'm right or whatever. Whatever works for you and makes you happy! haha.

Leon 911
11-25-2013, 09:40 PM
1/4 are more detailed and 1/2 even more and 1:1 even more, many of us are happy with the details on 1/6 and feel no need for 1/4. The ones who do and can afford it, no problem just buy it :) ...

HeubertMichael
11-25-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm just saying why I don't want one, doesn't mean I'm right or whatever. Whatever works for you and makes you happy! haha.

And I'm just saying why some people would want one, because you said it yourself that you don't have an idea why. :wave

Gakken85
11-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Well I come from a transforming robot background.. usually bigger means less intricate engineering. With Hot Toys it seems to be the other way around so I could be wrong :D

DiFabio
11-25-2013, 10:34 PM
1/4 shouldn't have poseable action figures. The original action figure wasn't jumbo sized like a clunky kiddie toy, it was GI Joe sized. 12 inches. 1/6 scale. They're the reason we're on these message boards.

1/4 detailed premium formats and statues are cool, but once you throw in joints, articulation swappable/moveable points? No bueno.

2plaz
12-01-2013, 10:41 AM
i wish these were released already! cant wait to get mine

dms54nyc
12-01-2013, 10:45 AM
1/4 shouldn't have poseable action figures. The original action figure wasn't jumbo sized like a clunky kiddie toy, it was GI Joe sized. 12 inches. 1/6 scale. They're the reason we're on these message boards.

1/4 detailed premium formats and statues are cool, but once you throw in joints, articulation swappable/moveable points? No bueno.
Thats an interesting opinion but you cant deny that the best likenesses so far have come from 1/4 figures. I cant tell you why but for some reason the sculpts are amazing.

Leon 911
12-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Thats an interesting opinion but you cant deny that the best likenesses so far have come from 1/4 figures. I cant tell you why but for some reason the sculpts are amazing.

Easier to sculpt and paint...

5x10
12-01-2013, 12:11 PM
I would like a robo in each size but am having space issues
So I'm sticking with 1/6

Eisselmann
12-01-2013, 11:45 PM
As cool as 1/4th figs look, I think they're just too big if you're a collector who likes to repose the figs often.

Dur to it's large scale such a fig is hard to handle, at least for me.
And I don't like ratchet joints.

I simply prefer 1/6th scale since for me this scale has the right balance between detail and movability/articulation.

But that is as always very personal and personal tastes differ... ;)

I just hope the MMS Robo won't have ratchet joints as Iron Man Mk42 and Iron Patriot will have...

Mr Walker
12-02-2013, 03:29 AM

I think both the sculpts for Robo in both scales have been excellent.

I just hope the MMS Robo won't have ratchet joints as Iron Man Mk42 and Iron Patriot will have...

You'd better hope they do, or the joints will go floppy. Given I never use stands, that would be extremely irritating for me personally.

And I hate ratchet joints myself.

CollectorGuy
12-02-2013, 04:01 AM
I think both the sculpts for Robo in both scales have been excellent.

You'd better hope they do, or the joints will go floppy. Given I never use stands, that would be extremely irritating for me personally.

And I hate ratchet joints myself.

I forget what are ratchet joints like? Are they sim to a ball joint?

Eisselmann
12-02-2013, 04:25 AM
Ratchet Joints are joints that only allow certain positions of a limb.

On a normal figure you can choose every limb position you want, ratchet joints make a clicking sound and you only have certain positions to use.

Gakken85
12-02-2013, 10:04 AM
The Hulk has ratchet joints.

dw316
12-02-2013, 10:18 AM
QS001 sounds like it does too, pun intended.

5x10
12-03-2013, 09:50 PM
The Hulk has ratchet joints.

And it's an awesome fig, no complaints there

Gakken85
12-03-2013, 09:56 PM
I love Ratchet joints. I'm a robot toy collector at heart :D

HeubertMichael
12-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I think bigger, heavier figures are given ratchet joints to help the limbs support the weight and prevent joint fatigue overtime. I think if my NECA 18" Alien didn't have ratchet joints it wouldn't be able to stand on its own by now.

juanca33
12-21-2013, 08:11 PM
I want this figure so bad and im surprised it is still available for PO but the price is too much. I've been saving all those sideshow promo words to see if i can lower the price a bit.

a-dev
12-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Been awhile since a looked at the proto shots. Damn this looks good.

dw316
12-21-2013, 08:30 PM
My reward points are being saved for this buddy, ED-209. :yess: Can't wait for this one to go next to my T-800s. Can't wait to see the BD version as well.

Gage
12-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Aren't they going to make bd robocop with a murphy HS?

dw316
12-21-2013, 08:52 PM
^^^ I believe so. That's the BD version I'm referring to. I hope it looks good, so far we've only seen the back and part of the side in rear 3/4 view.

5x10
12-21-2013, 08:59 PM
^^^ I believe so. That's the BD version I'm referring to. I hope it looks good, so far we've only seen the back and part of the side in rear 3/4 view.

Damn, I wish they would just throw in the Murphy heads cult and bd chest piece and charge me more, don't want to have to buy two robos

ocielz
12-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Damn, I wish they would just throw in the Murphy heads cult and bd chest piece and charge me more, don't want to have to buy two robos

I wouldn't mind paying extra for all that to be included. I have this one preordered and depending on the BD version, I'll pick it up or stay with this one :)

dw316
12-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I agree. They want to make more money on a 2nd figure so that's probably why, otherwise this could've been a DX with all those extra goodies! I think it already comes with a BD chest piece and BD helmet, but the new one is supposed to be much more damage after he faced the firing squad of cops. Don't really know what other accessories he could have except for a blood-stained spike or perhaps the cobra assault cannon, maybe some baby food? LOL

5x10
12-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I agree. They want to make more money on a 2nd figure so that's probably why, otherwise this could've been a DX with all those extra goodies! I think it already comes with a BD chest piece and BD helmet, but the new one is supposed to be much more damage after he faced the firing squad of cops. Don't really know what other accessories he could have except for a blood-stained spike or perhaps the cobra assault cannon, maybe some baby food? LOL

Throw is some old barrels to stack the baby food on and they sold me a 2nd robo
:clap:slap

dw316
12-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Haha, don't forget the power tools for helmet removal!

5x10
12-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Haha, don't forget the power tools for helmet removal!

Coming together very nicely

Mr Walker
12-23-2013, 03:17 PM
i wish these were released already! cant wait to get mine

I hear ya! Probably my most anticipated release of 2014.

This, ED209, The Crow, and Iminime's GBU trio, and I'm probably done. I'll have everything I want.

DiFabio
12-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Now that DX 13 is bought and sitting on the shelf, this guy and his yet to be revealed brother, Murphy are my main focuses. I think next year this hobby will have Robocop being my priority.

It's the only thing I have on preorder and pretty much the only thing I want for next year. Thank goodness a lot of these companies are focusing on things I'm not interested in. Keep up the Marvel and Predator stuff Hot Toys, you're saving me $$$.

5x10
12-23-2013, 07:24 PM
The neca Ed 209 makes me want to get the hts version, to pose with robo

shells075
12-24-2013, 11:46 AM
With all the HT figs being released early I wonder if Robocop will come out early, that's the one I'm really waiting for,:exactly:
I cant wait to see what HT have done with the sound effect for the fig. :lol

A few lines that have to be included are:

''Dead or alive, you're coming with me.''
''Come quietly or there will be... trouble.''
''Serve the public trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law''.
''Your move, Creep''.
''Thank you for your co-operation''.

Eisselmann
12-24-2013, 11:56 AM
I am afraid of that sound feature!!!

I recently saw a promo vid for NECAs ED209; and although NECA is different for Hot Toys, I am afraid of a poor sound quality.
The sound effect in the NECA video was... bad, to be honest.

I just don't know what's coming from Hot Toys.

Besides, I wonder: what kind of battery will be required?
Where will the battery be inserted?
Will the battery compartment hinder any of the articulation points????

I just can't wait for Robo!

Merry Christmas guys.
It's already over here in Germany. :)

Mr Walker
12-24-2013, 02:17 PM
I am afraid of that sound feature!!!

I recently saw a promo vid for NECAs ED209; and although NECA is different for Hot Toys, I am afraid of a poor sound quality.
The sound effect in the NECA video was... bad, to be honest.

It will be bad in the HT figure as well. Bank on it.

I'm worried about compromising the sculpt to have the speaker output. I'd be happy to bin the electronic gimmicks altogether.

BeefEaster
12-24-2013, 06:11 PM
yeah, the sound effects feature is unneeded

CollectorGuy
12-24-2013, 06:48 PM
And yet the sound on my 1/4 neca robo sounds great

5x10
12-24-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm looking forward to the sounds

DiFabio
12-24-2013, 07:08 PM

Yup, same. Crystal clear and everything.

I'm optimistic about the talking feature on this one. I bet it's great.

ocielz
12-24-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm looking forward to the sounds

I'm looking forward to the whole Figure :D

dw316
12-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Is the entire figure (all the silver parts) die cast?

CollectorGuy
12-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Is the entire figure (all the silver parts) die cast?

No one knows :dunno

Mr Walker
12-24-2013, 11:49 PM

A tiny piezo speaker? Sound great?

I have deep and abiding suspicions.

CollectorGuy
12-24-2013, 11:59 PM
A tiny piezo speaker? Sound great?

I have deep and abiding suspicions.

Yes i am aware of how cynical you are, i record it sometime and play it here.

Eisselmann
12-25-2013, 12:02 AM
A sound feature somehiw gives me the impression of this:
It just feels toy-ish.
Until they prove me otherwise...

Will the HT RoboCop and ED209 Boxes also feature a "Try me" function???? ;)

CollectorGuy
12-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Well these are technically toys, " Hot Toys ". Lets get real here guys these are our " Man Toys ".
You guys know you're going to buy this awesome " Toy " regardless of the sound feature.

Mr Walker
12-25-2013, 12:33 AM
Yes i am aware of how cynical you are, i record it sometime and play it here.

A cynic is just an optimist with all the facts. :)

CollectorGuy
12-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Here i recorded the sound keep in mind though the camera i have isn't really that good
for videos so the sound isn't as good as i would like. My cam is better at taking photos but here it is regardless:

http://youtu.be/XzBBtOgOdjk

Eisselmann
12-25-2013, 01:25 AM
Well these are technically toys, " Hot Toys ". Lets get real here guys these are our " Man Toys ".

You guys know you're going to buy this awesome " Toy " regardless of the sound feature.

Of course I'm gonna buy it.
And of course it's a toy! ;)

But I just don't need that sound feature.
Besides as I said, I am afraid if it will compromise the articulation of the torso or the figure and if the sound quality will be good or rather bad, with other sounds of the movie still in the samples...

I could accept if the built the battery compartment an a dmall speaker into the left upper leg since there it wouldn't affe t any articulation on the torso.

CollectorGuy
12-25-2013, 01:38 AM
I get what you're saying you don't want the sound feature to hinder articulation. I dont either but it may turn out well though.

Eisselmann
12-25-2013, 01:40 AM
I get what you're saying you don't want the sound feature to hinder articulation. I dont either but it may turn out well though.

That WOULD be cool! ;)

newshoryuken
12-26-2013, 07:46 AM
The sound feature on the neca robocop sounded pretty bad. Hope the HT version is not cheezy

CollectorGuy
12-26-2013, 08:10 AM
The sound feature on the neca robocop sounded pretty bad. Hope the HT version is not cheezy

Like i said my cam didnt pick up the sound very well, it sounds much better in person.
The problem is the sound clips are taken from the movie with the background noise as well as peters voice.
My cam picked up the background noise more so than robocop, so it wasn't as pure as it should be.

Nige
12-27-2013, 07:07 AM
At this point in time the Hot Toys pricing is becoming out of hand IMO - which makes adding an extra talking feature seem crazy. They should of scrapped this feature and made the price $30 cheaper.

Blackout
12-27-2013, 01:46 PM

I totally understand why people would want 1/4 if they have the room for it, but 1/6 is the sweet spot for me. 1/4 is just too big for me.

I have a single 1/4 that I basically view as an indulgence. I got the 1/4 enterbay battle damaged T-800 because that's probably my single favorite movie growing up.

I love it, but it's huge and it will remain the only 1/4 I own. I like 1/6.

Eamon
12-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Would've thought we would have some pics by now.

Eisselmann
12-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Oh man.
To be honest I don't wanna see it before I get it.

The wait for the DX13 is literally KILLING me.
And the pics are soooo great!

And since RoboCop is MY favorite movie I couldn't stand in hand pics. ;)

Leon 911
12-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Now that DX 13 is bought and sitting on the shelf, this guy and his yet to be revealed brother, Murphy are my main focuses. I think next year this hobby will have Robocop being my priority.

It's the only thing I have on preorder and pretty much the only thing I want for next year. Thank goodness a lot of these companies are focusing on things I'm not interested in. Keep up the Marvel and Predator stuff Hot Toys, you're saving me $$$.

Well said... Am just hoping this year is a bit lighter. Last year was a disaster with something coming every month!

Ataricade
12-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Well said... Am just hoping this year is a bit lighter. Last year was a disaster with something coming every month!

Everything in Moderation.

I intentionally pick a limit to my collecting. Carve out a certain category. So I get satisfaction and feel I can participate but don't go broke. LOL
I have Mainly two Hobbies that cost money. Arcade collecting and maintaining and this one. This one is pretty new to me.

For my arcades I collect just early 80's Pre crash arcade games. Say 1979-1982 The classics. I also stay realistic about quantity since space is limited. For this hobby I am limiting myself to one figure from each movie I loved growing up. Say from 1975-1995 (I'm 38). You know the movies that give you that Nostalgic feeling. I haven't decided what to do once say improved versions come out but I'm leaning toward selling and replacing. Same thing I would do if I say found a Nicer Centipede. I would get the new one and sell my old one.

spindrift
12-29-2013, 11:55 AM
My guess is chest plate, helmet and feet will be diecast. I don't think the thighs wiil be- the opening hatch for gun would be plastic than heavier diecast to operate on motorization. Arms would be plastic so they might hold upright posing better?

Eisselmann
12-29-2013, 01:56 PM
My guess is that almost all silver parts will be made of metal.
All but parts with movable objects.
Lower legs with pistons, holster flaps and helmet will probably be made of plastic.

The rest could be metal...

Mr Walker
12-29-2013, 02:45 PM
My guess is that almost all silver parts will be made of metal.
All but parts with movable objects.
Lower legs with pistons, holster flaps and helmet will probably be made of plastic.

The rest could be metal...

I hope not. The more metal you have higher up, the more unsteady it will be on it's feet Higher CoG and all that.

Plus the rest of the shortcomings of crappy diecast.

Plus, if it's heavy and usnteady, it'll take out a DeTolf shelf or case. I can only hope it's someone who's been cheering on the abomination that is diecast.

Eisselmann
12-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Yup, that's true.

Too bad HT didn't say any word about that...

lukewm
12-29-2013, 07:03 PM
testing.pardon.

KillKen
12-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Umm I thought this was coming out in April?? Sideshow have it listed as February now, is that right?

dw316
12-30-2013, 08:57 AM
^^^ Affirmative. knocks on wood

KillKen
12-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Crap I didn't budget for this till April.

a-dev
12-30-2013, 09:04 AM
I've been assuming everything would be delayed as had been the pattern. But it almost now seems like everything's coming out early, not sure what to think. Could still do with a delay on these financially speaking.

KillKen
12-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Same! Feb is just too early after Christmas for my liking but should be able to swing it. I am so done with buying collectables after Robocop.

a-dev
12-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Same! Feb is just too early after Christmas for my liking but should be able to swing it. I am so done with buying collectables after Robocop.

Of stuff that has been shown up to this point I could say the same. But of course more stuff will happen.

dw316
12-30-2013, 09:15 AM
http://aliimmam.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Snake Plissken
12-30-2013, 09:37 AM
So glad I only got two flexes left for this and ED, but I can't see February being the release.

Frank Jaeger
12-30-2013, 09:44 AM
I dunno they are being very good with releases recently

Feb very well could be the month :yess:

Not that i'd receive it until March earliest anyway but

Snake Plissken
12-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Yeah Crow getting bumped up is pretty shocking.

Sidious-66
12-30-2013, 11:15 AM
:pray: 'Hopes for a delay'.

Stuff is just coming out to quickly and I don't like it, I long for the good old 'delayed' days.

You don't really appreciate the figures when the come on top of each other and the waiting game is part of this hobby.

Frank Jaeger
12-30-2013, 11:24 AM
:pray: 'Hopes for a delay'.

Stuff is just coming out to quickly and I don't like it, I long for the good old 'delayed' days.

You don't really appreciate the figures when the come on top of each other and the waiting game is part of this hobby.

I agree about the waiting Sid but 6+ months wait does suffice I feel

Sidious-66
12-30-2013, 11:35 AM
I agree about the waiting Sid but 6+ months wait does suffice I feel

It is just I'm still relatively new to this hobby Frank and for 99.9% of the time everything has been delayed so for a couple of my PO's to come out sharply has sent me into a spin.

I would prefer the stuff to be spread evenly throughout the year but maybe that is just me being selfish.

Frank Jaeger
12-30-2013, 11:53 AM
It is just I'm still relatively new to this hobby Frank and for 99.9% of the time everything has been delayed so for a couple of my PO's to come out sharply has sent me into a spin.

I would prefer the stuff to be spread evenly throughout the year but maybe that is just me being selfish.

Nah I feel your pain, it's tough trying to balance the flow of money leaving haha

You sometimes go a couple of months without much and then boom, money starts rapidly depleting all at once.

Sidious-66
12-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Nah I feel your pain, it's tough trying to balance the flow of money leaving haha

You sometimes go a couple of months without much and then boom, money starts rapidly depleting all at once. It's hard to deal with personally haha

Yeah I built up some money with the overtime I was doing over the Christmas period but bang most of it is now away. :lol

Scar, DX13 (plus most parts of another DX13 for a second T2 figure), MIME Joker and my custom Michael Myers (one more payment to go) figure have hit my bank account big time.

And now in the first few months of the year I'm looking at -

NECA's ED-209
NECA'S Batman 1989
HT The Crow
HT Robocop & Chair
HT Celtic Predator
SSC Darth Vader
SSC General Grievous
SSC Darth Malgus

I knew how much I was spending and that is not a problem it is the getting them all in around the same time that makes it depressing. Slow it down please.

a-dev
12-30-2013, 12:16 PM
I've a few NECA orders myself. I'm getting the EB T-1000, maybe their Robocop, I want to finish off my DX13s (almost there) then its the HT Robocop stuff. Beyond that there appears to be nothing other than waiting for full BD Robocop, Batman Returns, Back to the Future and any more Terminator stuff they might decide to make.

Judging by that I think I should be getting an extended break after the initial HT Robocop stuff (considering that other stuff isn't even at ''getting shown'' stage, let alone preorder stage let alone release). Customs could be the only thing coming out in that period.

Sidious-66
12-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Yeah I need to get back into the NECA Predator line as I have slipped away from it since Series 8 or maybe 9.

I look forward to a break but then your eye starts to wonder and you start looking at figures you never noticed before and soon your mouse pointer is hovering over that 'buy it now' button. :gah:

It is a slippery slope......

That is still a big haul a-dev and we still know that these companies will have stuff lined up to show off throughout the year.

The way it is going it will be PO the figure one day and get it by the end of the week with HT's brining all these figures forward.

Gakken85
12-30-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm glad it's coming sooner :D
This guy will be a beast!

Sidious-66
12-30-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm glad it's coming sooner :D
This guy will be a beast!

Yeah he will be a beast but that is a given whether he comes sooner or later.

Damn you Gakken85. :pfft: :lol

Gakken85
12-30-2013, 01:15 PM
:bunnydanc:taz:ted

Dead or alive you're coming with me!

Mr Walker
01-01-2014, 02:59 AM
Bring it on. The sooner the better. :)

dw316
01-01-2014, 07:25 PM
The updated HT Japan blog release date has it at March 2014 now.

Ataricade
01-01-2014, 07:36 PM

That would work for me. My last flex doesn't come out till end of feb anyways.

Invictus Sol
01-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Pretty impressive how HT has been hitting all their release dates and even bumping some up. I'm not really in a hurry for these two, due to the expense but I guess I'd prefer that to endless delays. Still, if everything stays on target, that's Vader, Grievous, War Machine Mark II, RoboCop and ED-209 all within the next 3 months. :monkey4

Vrolokus
01-01-2014, 11:59 PM

That'd be a relief. I've got Vader and MOS this month; if it was just Robocop next month I could manage, but if ED-209 hit at the same time? Ouch.

CollectorGuy
01-02-2014, 12:10 AM
That'd be a relief. I've got Vader and MOS this month; if it was just Robocop next month I could manage, but if ED-209 hit at the same time? Ouch

:exactly: This the same for me, march would be perfect i think for my finances.That extra month would be another 300+$.

CaptnRex
01-02-2014, 02:32 AM
What did that Weller headsculpt turn out to be for? You know the pic that was shown where they were scultoing it still?

CollectorGuy
01-02-2014, 02:39 AM
The BD Robocop they'll be releasing in the future, sorry but we dont get that with this robo.

Gregobi
01-02-2014, 03:02 AM
So you can't pose with just the Weller sculpt on this one?

CollectorGuy
01-02-2014, 03:12 AM
This figure does not feature a weller sculpt, period. HT loves Double-dipping with their BD variants too much.

a-dev
01-02-2014, 07:48 AM
^meaning the mouth pieces are based on Weller but no, there is no unmasked Weller sculpt with this initial release.

Snake Plissken
01-02-2014, 10:40 AM

Damn, well at least that gives me February Flex Pay free.

Sidious-66
01-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I wonder if all these releases being brought forward will happen or if some of the dates are purely wrong.

Nearly everything I have on PO is coming out quicker than expected and that can't be right, can it?

Snake Plissken
01-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Hot Toys moves in mysterious ways, the Crow bump came out of no where.

Sidious-66
01-02-2014, 11:07 AM
I demand a return to the good old 'delayed' days. :lol

Yeah there seems to be some sort of Hocus Pocus work at HT HQ at the moment.

Snake Plissken
01-02-2014, 11:09 AM
I have been collecting HT for about 4 or more years so I know the era of delay you speak of :lol

Sidious-66
01-02-2014, 11:14 AM
I have been collecting HT for about 4 or more years so I know the era of delay you speak of :lol

I had my SSC Emperor Palpatine for a couple of years before I made my first HT pre-orders (DX08 & 09 and the Classic Predator) back in 2011 so HT delays is all I know.

I don't like them coming out sooner than expected. :mad:

Snake Plissken
01-02-2014, 11:16 AM
I had my SSC Emperor Palpatine for a couple of years before I made my first HT pre-orders (DX08 & 09 and the Classic Predator) back in 2011 so HT delays is all I know.

I don't like them coming out sooner than expected. :mad:

We got spoiled back then, now your bank account gets hit more often than you'd like. IIRC my first HT I ever PO'd were the very same as you, DX08-09 :duff

Although it might of been Reeve Superman :lol

Sidious-66
01-02-2014, 11:21 AM
We got spoiled back then, now your bank account gets hit more often than you'd like. IIRC my first HT I ever PO'd were the very same as you, DX08-09 :duff

Although it might of been Reeve Superman :lol

Maybe your head has been hit just as much as your Bank account my friend. :lol

Reeve Superman, DX08 or DX09 man they are all just as fantastic as each other and I love having them all in my collection although I need to break out the gloves when I handle my Supes figure.

Snake Plissken
01-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Maybe your head has been hit just as much as your Bank account my friend. :lol

Reeve Superman, DX08 or DX09 man they are all just as fantastic as each other and I love having them all in my collection although I need to break out the gloves when I handle my Supes figure.

I had a mishap with my original Reeve when his suit got snagged on his crotch grabber and I had to end up buying an entire replacement :slap

My Batman & Joker are still in tip top shape, just Batman requires cape cleanings here and there. I really need to get a Tony Mei cape for it.

Sidious-66
01-02-2014, 11:31 AM
I had a mishap with my original Reeve when his suit got snagged on his crotch grabber and I had to end up buying an entire replacement :slap

My Batman & Joker are still in tip top shape, just Batman requires cape cleanings here and there. I really need to get a Tony Mei cape for it.

Ouch. I feel your pain buddy.

My Supes was second hand and I think there is a little thread loose near the left armpit, nothing major but I just get them gloves on to be safe. I just hope that no one walks in on me wearing a pair of gloves and handling a 12 inch figure. :slap

My DX08 is still fantastic and I had to replace the cowl on my DX09 as the PERS broke but it was worth it. I have the Tony Mei cape (2.5) but I now have a custom cape from a seller in Italy which Batman is currently wearing.

Snake Plissken
01-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Ouch. I feel your pain buddy.

My Supes was second hand and I think there is a little thread loose near the left armpit, nothing major but I just get them gloves on to be safe. I just hope that no one walks in on me wearing a pair of gloves and handling a 12 inch figure. :slap

My DX08 is still fantastic and I had to replace the cowl on my DX09 as the PERS broke but it was worth it. I have the Tony Mei cape (2.5) but I now have a custom cape from a seller in Italy which Batman is currently wearing.

I'll probably get a Tony cape in the next month or so finally, don't know why I've put it off. Luckily my PERs are still find, I just don't mess with them really at all.

My new Supes is fine, just he has two or three creases on his emblem on his back :huh not a biggie for me.

Sidious-66
01-02-2014, 11:43 AM
I'll probably get a Tony cape in the next month or so finally, don't know why I've put it off. Luckily my PERs are still find, I just don't mess with them really at all.

My new Supes is fine, just he has two or three creases on his emblem on his back :huh not a biggie for me.

That is nice to hear. Who knows how these will look in ten years time? :(

lukewm
01-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah, but does he pop a cap? I could use one of those by my front door.

dw316
01-02-2014, 01:39 PM
^^^^ Hahahaha, I remember those. I still have them somewhere around. Still remember I had a Nitro guy with black and yellow pants with red hair I think. Oh man, those were the days.

BuGz
01-02-2014, 01:42 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/03/6e8yjuvy.jpg

Bri

moonshadow918
01-02-2014, 02:05 PM
hottoys and enterbay are fighting to DEATH!!!!

5x10
01-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Can't wait for some new pics

dw316
01-02-2014, 11:10 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/03/6e8yjuvy.jpg

Bri

Hahaha :yess::yess::yess: That's the one! Let's see, there was another dude with like 2-toned hair, angry growling face, purple shirt, I always referred to him as Leon, heh. I had like maybe 7-10 of those old Robocop figures.

Mr Walker
01-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Can't wait for some new pics

As am I! I can't wait for the OMG photos.

Fingers crossed they haven't changed the proto. There were a couple of tiny things, but overall, it was about as good as you would ever expect.

CollectorGuy
01-03-2014, 12:38 AM
yeah well i doubt we'll see anything before feb though.

Uzero1
01-04-2014, 07:02 PM
I am making room for this one as we speak. Can't wait to put him in my collection.

Spanbauer
01-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Picked up the "Newly-Remastered" blu-ray of Robocop today at Best Buy - the film's never looked so good! Makes me all the more excited for this figure.

Sergemeister
01-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Picked up the "Newly-Remastered" blu-ray of Robocop today at Best Buy - the film's never looked so good! Makes me all the more excited for this figure.

I thought it didn't release until the 20th!?!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Mike86
01-13-2014, 12:24 AM
I wonder when this figure will release. I somehow doubt it's going to make it's estimated release of February as we haven't seen anything yet and I think it's a pretty big figure to not get any sort of updates on before release. I haven't ordered mine but am still kind of contemplating whether I want it or not.

ocielz
01-13-2014, 01:19 AM
I thought it didn't release until the 20th!?!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Best Buy has it as an Exclusive until the 20th.

CollectorGuy
01-13-2014, 01:32 AM
Yeah i got room set aside for ED and Robo anyday now HT :impatient:

Nige
01-13-2014, 02:13 AM
After much reluctance due to price, I finally caved in and preordered this guy from Sideshow last week. What figure deserves the die-cast treatment more than this character! He's going to look amazing on the shelf, and I can't wait to get him. I just can't justify the prices for the 1/6 scale market anymore. Sadly, this may be my only HT purchase for 2014. But if I'm going out, it might as well be on a high note with this figure!

Eisselmann
01-13-2014, 02:46 AM
Word!
Robo and ED are the only figs I have on PO this year besides the armory, the price of that thing was too good.

But besides that the prices are so ridiculous now and the figures come withe fewer and fewer accessories...
It just doesn't work anymore.

ghostbob78
01-13-2014, 08:32 AM
I hope the ED-209 doesn't have that rubber piece that crumbles, waiting to see some reviews on that before I go for it. Pre-ordered the "Chair" version of Robocop though. I must say I find it funny to read all the complaining about various trivial aspects on many different threads, I think it's pretty badass that any company is making figures this cool with spot on accuracy…and of classic characters that I grew up on and love…I think some have lost touch with how lucky we are that companies like Hot Toys/enterbay/sideshow/ect even exist and are making things this freakin awesome. Not tyring to start a debate, just sayin, cheer up to the debbie downers, dry your tears. lol :rotfl

Invictus Sol
01-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Yep, couldn't agree more. HT simply has no rival when it comes to stuff like RoboCop, ED-209, Iron Monger, etc. Hope I have the sense to get out of the hobby before I'm as cranky and ungrateful as some collectors become.

Billy
01-13-2014, 05:11 PM
This Robocop might just be my last high end action figure I buy made by hot toys he will be a nice way to end the hobby I just cant afford them anymore. Hot toys figures are just getting too expensive but they are the best.

dw316
01-14-2014, 12:04 AM

Is this in stores only? I searched for it on their site but it's a Pre-Order only.

kam veitch
01-14-2014, 02:24 AM
When is this guy coming out? Im strongly thinking about getting it.

My next 1/6 figures are:

T2 BD HT
Darth Vader Sideshow
Elder Predator HT
Robocop HT
¿Macready Pop Culture?

Ataricade
01-14-2014, 10:26 PM
When is this guy coming out? Im strongly thinking about getting it.

SS Still says FEB on the site

Optimatron
01-15-2014, 12:12 AM

I already have 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray...did they rerelease the first movie? Also...any improvement over the first blu-ray release?

ocielz
01-15-2014, 02:30 AM
I already have 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray...did they rerelease the first movie? Also...any improvement over the first blu-ray release?

Rerelease of the First Movie and Yes, It's a Big improvement. This is a New Scan of the movie and it's been getting much better Reviews. Comes with a New Interview of the Director. For $7.99 it's way worth it.

punisher1974
01-15-2014, 11:20 AM
at Best Buy last week and it really is worth the 7.99 price. The new bonus features were a nice addition since it had a panel with actors and crew on making the film. The new transfer looks a lot better too as well. Much better release than the Predator blu's considering they are from 1987.

Ataricade
01-15-2014, 11:12 PM
I would really like to see commentaries and bonus features available on streaming movies. Right now Bluray/DVDs are mainly the only way to experience them. Im not interested in owning physical copies anymore and stream most everything.

kam veitch
01-16-2014, 03:01 AM
Why we dont get a full head peter weller/ murphy likeness? Will we have a full battle damaged with no helmet version in the future?

Eisselmann
01-16-2014, 03:07 AM
Probably. They teased something like that in early june I think...

kam veitch
01-16-2014, 04:00 AM
Probably. They teased something like that in early june I think...

wasnt that Enterbay?

Eisselmann
01-16-2014, 04:03 AM
No no no, HT did so!
The even released a picture of a freshly sculpted unhelmeted head.

kam veitch
01-16-2014, 04:20 AM
true, I just seen it. Thanks :wink1:

It a shame Hot Toys did not give us the full face this time

Hope that unhelmeted head can be dettached of the body to buy it.

Snake Plissken
01-16-2014, 10:14 AM
SS Still says FEB on the site

I'd hope it stays that way, but I highly doubt it. Probably March or April.

Leon 911
01-16-2014, 12:37 PM

That would help some poor folks who went overboard in the shopping season a lot ;) ... Me ... Me...

Invictus Sol
01-16-2014, 01:18 PM
This Robocop might just be my last high end action figure I buy made by hot toys he will be a nice way to end the hobby I just cant afford them anymore. Hot toys figures are just getting too expensive but they are the best.
Know what you mean about the prices, Billy. Robo's a nice piece to go out on, though.

Billy
01-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Know what you mean about the prices, Billy. Robo's a nice piece to go out on, though.

Thanks I have a very nice hot toys collection all of my favorite super heros and the only one missing is Robocop. I had to cancel a few other preorders but Robocop is worth it.

Ataricade
01-16-2014, 08:01 PM

Yeah actually I would be ok if it's late. Christmas killed me lol

5x10
01-16-2014, 08:16 PM
My most anticipated figure

BatBrain
01-16-2014, 08:32 PM
This guy has been tempting me for a while. I kind of hope he is delayed a bit so I can put a bunch of pending reward points toward him.

newshoryuken
01-16-2014, 11:18 PM
When is ht going to have robocop pics from the new robocop movie? Id like to display them both on my shelf.

inked
01-16-2014, 11:56 PM
When is ht going to have robocop pics from the new robocop movie? Id like to display them both on my shelf.

ThreeZero have the licence to the new Robo don't they?

P.
01-17-2014, 01:13 AM
When is ht going to have robocop pics from the new robocop movie? Id like to display them both on my shelf.i hope for NEVER :yess:

Mr Walker
01-17-2014, 01:21 AM

NO! My angus is ready.

Eisselmann
01-17-2014, 01:35 AM
Oh man. Can't wait.
The bad thing is you US guys will probably get Murphy weeks ahead of me and I will die a shameful death because the in hand pics will instakill me. ;)

dw316
01-17-2014, 06:54 AM
i hope for NEVER :yess:

Use a "line" tool for your sig!!! :lol:lol j/k j/k I miss that old layout... less pain on the eyes.

I wonder if they're waiting to see if the film does well or not... they have Prometheus and other projects that seem to have vanished. And even as brilliant as their Mandarin figure looks, not many people bought them because of the film, so perhaps they're waiting to see how it does?

Fizzgig
01-17-2014, 07:23 AM

Yepp, they just showed a teaser:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1533903_789467417745755_1759421350_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/threezeroHK

RIDDICK
01-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Well thk God! There was no need for HT to do this.

Hologram AI
01-17-2014, 07:58 AM
I don't think they're doing 1/6 scale so I wouldn't throw it out the park that HT will cover the new one. Might place an order for this figure on AE with my $80 credit. Quite tempting!

Sidious-66
01-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Fake wannabe Robocop in the real deals thread is nearly enough to send an original fan into a flood of tears. :(

inked
01-17-2014, 12:49 PM
I don't think they're doing 1/6 scale so I wouldn't throw it out the park that HT will cover the new one. Might place an order for this figure on AE with my $80 credit. Quite tempting!

Looks 1/6th here
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/18/9u4eva7u.jpg

Fake wannabe Robocop in the real deals thread is nearly enough to send an original fan into a flood of tears. :(
Sorry :(

Ataricade
01-17-2014, 05:11 PM
Thinking about it from reading another thread. I think if they end up doing a DX version It should be

Robo similar to what we are getting here.

A Alex Murphy in cop uniform figure

Full face reveal Robo head as the exclusive.

I guess i wouldn't be against subbing Nancy Allens Lewis in there

Mr Walker
01-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Thinking about it from reading another thread. I think if they end up doing a DX version It should be

I guess i wouldn't be against subbing Nancy Allens Lewis in there

I'd sooner have Lewis in there.

RIDDICK
01-18-2014, 12:28 AM
if they end up doing a DX version it should be

Ppl like you should not be allowed to participate in any discussion of any product...

http://youtu.be/PeUYSWGYRRs?t=11s

:lol

5x10
01-18-2014, 07:57 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'll be picking up one of these to go along with the hot toys version
Even has film accurate sayings. :)

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/fivexten/d111ae1b7db9de9e8e1cbf962eeb0c84.jpg

Sidious-66
01-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Sorry :(

I'm sure I will get over it mate. :lol

Batty
01-18-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'll be picking up one of these to go along with the hot toys version

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g321/fivexten/d111ae1b7db9de9e8e1cbf962eeb0c84.jpg

Futuristic Robert :lol

Bucky Underbelly
01-18-2014, 12:53 PM

"THE FURNITURE OF LAW ENFORCEMENT!"

5x10
01-18-2014, 01:13 PM
I'll be back

Batty
01-18-2014, 01:41 PM

"THE FURNITURE OF LAW ENFORCEMENT!"

I didn't even notice that! :lol

Leon 911
01-18-2014, 01:48 PM

Well, this was the real prototype they were aiming for to evolve into robocop, terminator and several other series. They could not achieve this level of art back then so they had to compromise on the robotic, furniture features and create separate movies and separate characters of robocop, terminator etc...

Must buy! ... When does it go on per order...

Ataricade
01-18-2014, 04:12 PM

My fave is that the t-1000 toy is just called Ray Liotta lmao and optical prime is Johnny five from short circuit.

So is this a real bootleg or a intentional parody of a bootleg?

AIR
01-18-2014, 05:34 PM

That has got me in tears:rotfl:lol:rotfl

EXOTICLEX
01-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Can't wait for this. I only have one more payment left @ $57. This is going to be epic.

Mr Walker
01-19-2014, 01:35 AM
Can't wait for this. I only have one more payment left @ $57. This is going to be epic.

Yes!!!! Usually, I'm pretty patient, but the wait for this one is going to be so slow....

CollectorGuy
01-19-2014, 01:42 AM
I hope they dont makes us wait longer for ED just because Robo gets delayed.

BuGz
01-19-2014, 01:43 AM
I've made space for this guy! I cannot wait! !!

Bri

Spanbauer
01-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Been watching the movie since the new blu-ray came out and one thing this figure could have used was a ball joint where the black glove meets the metal arm. Otherwise, this is the most he's going to be able to bend his arm, which isn't going to look right for the spike hand. And the angle he's holding his gun at in the above image is a long way from here:

5x10
01-19-2014, 10:37 AM
the spike hand was a whole separate arm that puppeteers held up
And to be honest, I don't remember robo bending his arm that much in the movie

CAIN MKII
01-19-2014, 10:58 AM
This new cover is a photoshoped piece of ****.

Eisselmann
01-19-2014, 11:23 AM
The old figure had exactly that ball joint in the forearms.
So don't worry! :)

Batty
01-19-2014, 12:25 PM
This new cover is a photoshoped piece of ****.

Yep. But it's what's on the disc that counts. And for $8 you can't go wrong.

CAIN MKII
01-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Absolutly but don't use this cover as reference, this pose is stupidly inaccurate.

Batty
01-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Absolutly but don't use this cover as reference, this pose is stupidly inaccurate.

Oh, I didn't realize that's what you were referencing it to.

Yoshi
01-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Can't wait for this guy, looks so sick. Especially the BD.

RIDDICK
01-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Kinda ashamed but only now I see this in specs

- One (1) pistol
- One (1) diecast pistol

I wonder why...

a-dev
01-19-2014, 03:02 PM
Huh. Yeah that's weird.

RIDDICK
01-19-2014, 03:31 PM
I guess that plastic pistol is for thigh holster since it'll be cast in black while diecast one is painted.
Or vise versa...