Finding Dory

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivek

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last edited:
There is no reason to believe this will be terrible . . . Pixar has never done anything that is terrible . . .

There is no reason to believe this will be terrible . . . Pixar has never done anything that is terrible . . .

220px-Cars_2_Soundtrack_cover.jpg

That said, Cars 2 was based on their already weakest movie. It was a cash grab for the money juggernaut that is Cars merchandise.

The Toy Story sequels were based on an amazing original movie, and the sequels are great as well.

Seeing as Finding Nemo is fantastic, I'm hoping Dory errs more on the side of TS sequel quality than Cars. Same for Monsters University. I have higher hopes for University, though. That universe seems more capable of supporting further exploration.

220px-Cars_2_Soundtrack_cover.jpg

That said, Cars 2 was based on their already weakest movie. It was a cash grab for the money juggernaut that is Cars merchandise.

I agree to a point . . . Cars 2 was no where near the level of their other movies . . and yet it still wasn't terrible . . .

I agree to a point . . . Cars 2 was no where near the level of their other movies . . and yet it still wasn't terrible . . .

I thought it was pretty dreadful, although still had some aspects that were better than your average animated movie.

Even if I bumped it up away from 'terrible', it would still fall under, "Movie I would never, ever want to watch again."

I thought it was pretty dreadful, although still had some aspects that were better than your average animated movie.

Even if I bumped it up away from 'terrible', it would still fall under, "Movie I would never, ever want to watch again."

lol . . . I can respect that . . .

Yeah, Planes really looks like a mutt movie - made by Disney, executive produced by Lasseter, looks like Cars, but isn't Pixar.

Thankfully, Dane Cook is sure to make it a fantastic slice of cinematic joy.

Toy Story 2 was originally a direct to DVD movie so it could be good

I doubt it though.

Anyways, Finding Dory sounds really uninspired, that's why it doesn't sound so good.

One big reason I think MI2 will be good and Dory will be more like Cars 2...

Toys Story 2 and 3 - the group dynamics largely remained the same. They didn't make Hamm the main character in part 3.

MI2 - will focus on the two main characters

Cars 2 - focused on a character who was funny in the first movie, but was best as a sidekick, and got incredibly tiresome in a lead role

Finding Dory - sounds like Cars 2

That's by the Disney Animation, not Pixar. Was originally a direct to DVD movie

Thats actually great. Planes was making me think Pixar was beginning to downward spiral, glad its from their direct to vid company and not Pixar.

Back