Kitchen Nightmares UK & US and Hell Kitchen US. Now Hotel Hell!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kitchen Nightmares UK & US and Hell Kitchen US

I tried to get into the Hell's Kitchen one; I watched the first season, and it was enjoyable, but I don't particularly like the contestants on a lot of them. That being said, I find Ramsay to be very entertaining, and, honestly, I don't think he's half as bad as people make him out to be. I am an avid watcher of his UK and US Kitchen Nightmares and Hotel Hell, and I find that, the majority of the time, the guy seems relatively calm. He only gets loud when someone's being really stupid.:lol

The thing is yes it's entertaining but it has a shelf life.

Every single episode is exactly the same like House or Auction Hunters so if you see one you've seen them all.

I got bored after about 2 weeks watching it on and off, Ramsay started accusing each restraunt of having rats which he was obviously planting(always a single dead one by the front door that only Gordon finds), and a black lady finally called him out on it and it was so awkward and obvious that he was responsible it wasn't even funny, it was just one of those why did they film that and air it moments. I lost all respect for him after seeing that and just skim by those now when they're on the BBC.

THeres a better show he does though I can't remember what it's called it has nothing to do with "saving" restraunts. Rather he travels to places like Vietnam and attempts to live like they do selling food from a boat on the river etc. Much, much better and more watchable.

Is it Gordon's great escapes? If so, yeah; I enjoy that one quite a bit as well.

That's it, much more interesting to see his skills put to the test.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Zz4U7dU1TQM[/ame]

Yeah, I agree. The main reason I like Kitchen Nightmares is because I like seeing the various restaurants showcased and the before/after transition. Do they pay for the remodeling, or is that all pro bono?

Ramsay/the show pays for the new equipment and remodeling which is the only reason the black family that owned the soul food restraunt still did the show after he claimed to find a rat. After the opening and they got their free stuff she wouldn't even talk to Gordon to do the show wrap up, she kicked him out of the restraunt.

Small price to pay for a brand new restaurant. Unethical? Sure, but this isn't exactly award winning documentary material.:lol

I love Gordon. One of my favorite TV personalities.

If you want to talk about "fake" watch that "Restaurant Stakeout" or whatever it is where they send fake customers in. Its totally scripted.

At least with Gordon his reactions appear genuine whether they are or not.

I would really like to be a customer/audience member in Hells Kitchen one day.

i hate reality tv i am not dead enough inside to enjoy cookery shows but gordon will always be a failed footballer who can cook a bit .....why do people care what he does?

The contestants on Hell's Kitchen and MasterChef are so damn rude and obnoxious. The constant cussing, yelling, fit-throwing...I just can't fathom how some find this to be entertaining. There are much better shows on television.

Out of all his shows, the most enjoyable one to me is MasterChef followed by Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen. KN and HK can get old easily. I recently caught Gordon's Great Escape and its easily becoming one of my favorites.

:lol Ramsey is so 5 years ago

Same thing every year. Same food. Same lame type of people, except Autumn. Holy jeebs she was hot. After eliminated, who cared. I was actually watching a cooking show to look at a hot chick. Something didn't add up.

I loved Kitchen Nightmares when it was being done by the BBC, but when they brought it here to the States they just ruined it.
The F'n non-stop frantic music on the American version just drives me up the wall.
And the manipulative exaggerated melodrama is annoying. I saw an episode that took place in a Calif. restaurant that had Gordon shouting at the French chef/owner "You 'bleep' pig" which leads you to think he called him a F--'n pig, but then when I saw the same ep. replayed mostly uncensored on BBC America, what he actually said to the guy was "you French pig". Obviously they're manipulating the hell out of the show with editing to make it seem much worse then it actually is.

I will say that even the American version of Kitchen Nightmares is by far better then the straight rip off, Restaurant Impossible. Robert Irvine is an overrated hack.

Hell's Kitchen I couldn't get into (much of the same problems as KN).

Gordon Ramsey's best show was The F word followed by UK version of Kitchen Nightmares then Great Escape, and Best Restaurant. I liked the one season I saw of Master Chef, but haven't found the time to follow it up

I like Kitchen Nightmares a lot, but I cringe when they try to pass off the "in the weeks that follow" bit, as well, just that, when it is obvious it was filmed on the final relaunch night. You can tell because the people are wearing the same clothes. :lol

I like Kitchen Nightmares a lot, but I cringe when they try to pass off the "in the weeks that follow" bit, as well, just that, when it is obvious it was filmed on the final relaunch night. You can tell because the people are wearing the same clothes. :lol

Yeah I get what you're referring to. I look at it as "this is what happened after the filming of the episode". It's something that viewers are wondering about anyways. He does do revisits where he goes back to interview the owners, even though it's a filler show where they can spend very little money and fill the episode with clips to fulfill their episode order.

Back