State lawmaker wants tax on violent video games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/state-lawmaker-wants-tax-violent-video-games-1B7986403 Thanks for making MO look bad
Seriously what is next? This has to be the stupidest idea I have heard. They are basically wanting to tax video games just like they did with cigarettes to discourage us from buying them. T-AO games would be under this. Do they not realize not all T-AO games are rated because of violence? Just like it says in the article even Guitar Hero would be considered "violent" because it is rated T. Absolute BS imo. What do you all think? It wont go through, but it is still annoying that they are still blaming violent video games for mass murders.

Speaking of MO just came across this article

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/randy-turner/in-missouri-we-wont-follo_b_2486135.html I'm guessing Federal funding is going to be quickly stopped :lol

Last edited:
OH **** YOU.

This country sometimes.

This country all the ____ing time. I'm not the least bit surprised. Why can't the uptight generations just retire and spend the rest of their lives complaining about everything without holding the power to revert our lives to the '50s?

Well, kids suck too. But for an entirely different reason.

I know nothing is happening now, but the notion, the idea of this, is absurd.

Actually that's another thing too. The "everything" sucks attitude cynicism for no reason. :lol But that's a different debate.

It is amazing the **** people come up with. Tax on violent games? why not go after movies as well? Violent music to.

The country is broke... Lawmakers will tax anything they possibly can or at least try to. Games are an easy target since the shootings at Sandy Hook.

Hold on to your wallets the taxman is coming and this time he means business.

I'd like a tax on lawmakers who try to introduce stupid *** laws. Propose something dumb? BAM $10,000 please. Just drop it in the box by the door.

:goodpost::hi5::exactly:

Just leave it to this guy

judge_dredd_desktop_1417x1417_wallpaper-337113.jpg

More taxes fixes everything:lecture
Got violent games tax them
Got guns tax them
Breathing out to much carbon tax em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back